Giants thumping win over the Raiders (2 Viewers)

wow guys, pesonally i think that the eagles and the giants are better than minnesota and that philly may be even with the saints but i think that the giants have the personell to beat the eagles head-to-head but not the saints.

i think that the broncos and bengals are #1 and #3 with the colts being #2. and the jets #4. the jets are more impressive than the ravens and pats.

i'd love to see dwight freeney go against ryan clady.

wow guys, pesonally i think that the eagles and the giants are better than minnesota and that philly may be even with the saints but i think that the giants have the personell to beat the eagles head-to-head but not the saints.

i think that the broncos and bengals are #1 and #3 with the colts being #2. and the jets #4. the jets are more impressive than the ravens and pats.

i disagree. i think the giants lack the personnel to be a top team. there numbers look really good cause they played 5 of the worst 10 teams in teh NFL. there schedule is gonna get tougher. there gonna lose to you guys and get swept by the eagles. but there schedule has 10 teams that won't win 7 games this year so there still gonna make the playoffs. but they won't win a playoff game. just like last year. they won 13 games due to an easy schedule ad lost to the eagles in teh 1st playoff game

we'll i'm trying to be unbiased and the ravens and pats are more secure at QB. jets have a rookie (albiet a special rookie) but still a rookie QB so depending on how he progresses i'll move the jets up. but i think the jets have the best defense in the AFC at this point, and now we get pace back who led our team last year in sacks, plus we should have lito back as well. monday night might be the 1st time all our starters are in on defense. Chad Henne is going to have a long night

i disagree. i think the giants lack the personnel to be a top team. there numbers look really good cause they played 5 of the worst 10 teams in teh NFL. there schedule is gonna get tougher. there gonna lose to you guys and get swept by the eagles. but there schedule has 10 teams that won't win 7 games this year so there still gonna make the playoffs. but they won't win a playoff game. just like last year. they won 13 games due to an easy schedule ad lost to the eagles in teh 1st playoff game

you don't think they match up well against the eagles?

i thought they overstocked that d-line especially to compete with mcnabb. i dont think that they are anymore overrated than the vikings whose d was thoroughly picked apart by the niners and packers on occasions.

i think that they are a top four team in our conference but agree that N.0. and philly will likely end up with byes when its all said and done.

we'll i'm trying to be unbiased and the ravens and pats are more secure at QB. jets have a rookie (albiet a special rookie) but still a rookie QB so depending on how he progresses i'll move the jets up. but i think the jets have the best defense in the AFC at this point, and now we get pace back who led our team last year in sacks, plus we should have lito back as well. monday night might be the 1st time all our starters are in on defense. Chad Henne is going to have a long night

edwards is going to help you guys alot in supporting the run game and backing safeties from the box.

only a balanced team like the colts or steelers can really take you guys down now. head to head i think that you guys could probably beat the broncos and bengals but a team like indi would give you a world of trouble because of freeney and their balanced offense that is alot like ours.

i thought they overstocked that d-line especially to compete with mcnabb. i dont think that they are anymore overrated than the vikings whose d was thoroughly picked apart by the niners and packers on occasions.

i think that they are a top four team in our conference but agree that N.0. and philly will likely end up with byes when its all said and done.

well minnesota has the best d-line in the NFl and the giants have the 2nd best. but both teams suffer from lack of talent in the back 7

giants also are missing some players. there missing there 1st round pick last year SS phillips so there safeties are a pair of 7th rounders and not very good. webster is a solid CB but outside of him they have nobody. ross was doing ok but he cna't get on teh field so you won't be playing him. pierce is a solid MLB but lacks the athletics it takes to cover your RBs out of teh backfield. look for reggie to have a big game receiving.

honestly alot of the starters for the giants back 7 wouldn't start anywhere else in the NFL brees will expose there weak secondary. the key will be getting time from the o-line cause outside of freeny and mathis for the colts, there isn't a better pair of bookend pass rushers then osi and tuck, your tackles will have there handful with those guys. and on passing downs the giants go 3 Des with tuck, kiwanuka, and osi and then 1 DT usually cofield

well minnesota has the best d-line in the NFl and the giants have the 2nd best. but both teams suffer from lack of talent in the back 7

giants also are missing some players. there missing there 1st round pick last year SS phillips so there safeties are a pair of 7th rounders and not very good. webster is a solid CB but outside of him they have nobody. ross was doing ok but he cna't get on teh field so you won't be playing him. pierce is a solid MLB but lacks the athletics it takes to cover your RBs out of teh backfield. look for reggie to have a big game receiving.

honestly alot of the starters for the giants back 7 wouldn't start anywhere else in the NFL brees will expose there weak secondary. the key will be getting time from the o-line cause outside of freeny and mathis for the colts, there isn't a better pair of bookend pass rushers then osi and tuck, your tackles will have there handful with those guys. and on passing downs the giants go 3 Des with tuck, kiwanuka, and osi and then 1 DT usually cofield

wow thanks for the inside info. i hope that our running game can slow them down in that case.

gotta go.

sorry i missed the eagles question. and the answer is no. the giants are built to stop power run teams. there d-line is amazing and its hard for teams to run a power run game. however there LBers are slow and unathletic so finesse run games can beat them. dallas ran for over 200 yards on the giants this year. they can't catch speed backs to teh outside and don't tackle well.

Philly is built for long passes. and philly has burners at teh WR position. deshaun jackson, maclin, curtis all burners. the giants don't have teh DBs to match these guys. the have 1 solid CB in webster, 1 ok CB in ross (who is hurt) and then a few decent guys in dockery, thomas and johnson. they match up bad against any passing team.

edwards is going to help you guys alot in supporting the run game and backing safeties from the box.

only a balanced team like the colts or steelers can really take you guys down now. head to head i think that you guys could probably beat the broncos and bengals but a team like indi would give you a world of trouble because of freeney and their balanced offense that is alot like ours.

any tema led by peyton manning will be hard to beat. i don't know if the jets have all the pieces yet. it depends on sanchez, but now with edwards he has a safety, if edwards is one on one sanchez can throw it up cause BE can make a play. we didn't have that before and it caused sanchez to get sacked or throw picks. plus we have a deep threat so no more stacking. leon and TJ will have more run room.

i still think the jets have the most talented defense in the league

scott, pace, jenkins, revis, lito shepard, rhodes, ellis, have all made pro bowls

thats 7 out of 11 guys. the other 4 are douglas (most tackled for a loss in the NFL over the last 4 years) Bryan thomas (former 1st round pick and has 80 tackle 8 sack talent) Jim learnhard (Qb for ravens d last year, now QBs our defense) and david harris. in his 3rd year and will probably make teh pro bowl this year. is on pace for 8 sacks 4 INTs and 100+ tackles

i think the top teams (i'll do division) go this way

NFC
1) saints
2) minn
3) NYG
4) Eagles
5) tie falcons and niners

AFC
1) colts
2) ravens
3) pats
4) Jets
5) tie broncons and bengals

The AFC is a better division becuase after those 6 teams listed there are still some good teams, with teh NFC after those 6 teams listed there are really no other good teams.

The cowboys are a bottom 10 team so yeah there badly overrated.

and i hate the wildcat. just watch the monday night game so you can watch teh rex ryan jets shut down the fins wildkitten
The Bengals are not what they appear to be, and that being said, I'm now think the ravens may have peaked too early this season.

The Bengals are not what they appear to be, and that being said, I'm now think the ravens may have peaked too early this season.

i respectfully disagree. i think the bengals are a good team. the bengals issue was plamer was hurt, no run game, and no defense.

no palmer is back, benson is doing great for them, and there D is playing very well. i think cincy could go 10-6 and get a wildcard spot

sorry i missed the eagles question. and the answer is no. the giants are built to stop power run teams. there d-line is amazing and its hard for teams to run a power run game. however there LBers are slow and unathletic so finesse run games can beat them. dallas ran for over 200 yards on the giants this year. they can't catch speed backs to teh outside and don't tackle well.

Philly is built for long passes. and philly has burners at teh WR position. deshaun jackson, maclin, curtis all burners. the giants don't have teh DBs to match these guys. the have 1 solid CB in webster, 1 ok CB in ross (who is hurt) and then a few decent guys in dockery, thomas and johnson. they match up bad against any passing team.

i did notice that as well in the cowboys game.

for all of marion barber's apparent thickness and size he really runs like reggie bush and is very quick and agile.

mike bell is as quick as reggie on the cutback and should really test them next game. they will also have to compete with reggie, P. Thomas, and evans on screens and in open space.

i also didn't know that ross was hurt.

any tema led by peyton manning will be hard to beat. i don't know if the jets have all the pieces yet. it depends on sanchez, but now with edwards he has a safety, if edwards is one on one sanchez can throw it up cause BE can make a play. we didn't have that before and it caused sanchez to get sacked or throw picks. plus we have a deep threat so no more stacking. leon and TJ will have more run room.

i still think the jets have the most talented defense in the league

scott, pace, jenkins, revis, lito shepard, rhodes, ellis, have all made pro bowls

thats 7 out of 11 guys. the other 4 are douglas (most tackled for a loss in the NFL over the last 4 years) Bryan thomas (former 1st round pick and has 80 tackle 8 sack talent) Jim learnhard (Qb for ravens d last year, now QBs our defense) and david harris. in his 3rd year and will probably make teh pro bowl this year. is on pace for 8 sacks 4 INTs and 100+ tackles

you wont get any argument here. :9:

kris jenkins is a man in the middle for you guys and i am really hoping that we can add a player like him in the offseason in the draft like Terrance cody from alabama that would enable us to stop the run mainly with the front 4-7 that allows our secondary more less concern in aiding against the run.

a player like cody on the inside would put us in a class with the ravens (who have ngata) and the jets (who have jenkins) by allowing ellis and our ends single blocks. right now i think that our secondary and team defense is on par with the redskins who were #4 last year and are #5 this year.

emulation is the sincerest form of flattery and i hope that our defense can become like yours next season.

saints 45 - raiders 7
giants 44 - raiders 7

we sat brees halfway through the 2nd quarter and the rest of our starters halfway through the 3rd quarter. they sat manning halfway through the 2nd quarter and continued with the rest of their starters until the 4th.

i dont see anything worthy of chest thumping, the Raiders are that bad. it definitely doesnt mean that they are better than the Saints just because they did it in regular season and we did it preseason.

if anything it might make them overconfident when they face us.

i respectfully disagree. i think the bengals are a good team. the bengals issue was plamer was hurt, no run game, and no defense.

no palmer is back, benson is doing great for them, and there D is playing very well. i think cincy could go 10-6 and get a wildcard spot
I respectfully disagree. The Bengals are almost as notorious as the Saints for late season breakdowns. To top it off, I'm not ready to count out the Steelers AND the Ravens from this division. 10-6 MAYBE but I'm not giving them a wildcard as I think a few of those 6 will come in division.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom