GIK34's 3 Round Mock v2.0 (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Hey Saints fans, some of you know me here, but I doubt most of you do. If not, I'm a Dolphins fan from another board and I tend to do mock drafts throughout the year. I'm sure not everyone will like the picks I made for the Saints and I understand that, there's no way I can please everyone. Anyways, this is my final version and it's a 3 round mock... Enjoy.

First Round
1. Miami Dolphins: Chris Long, DE, Virginia
--Forget the smokescreens, Jake Long and Vernon Gholston in talks with the Dolphins about contracts? Nah, it doesn't matter to me because Chris Long is their guy. Chris Long is a Parcells-type linebacker without question. He has the size, the speed, and the heart to play OLB in Bill Parcells defense. I think this will either send Jason Taylor packing or Joey Porter in side, who knows what the Tuna has in mind.
2. St Louis Rams: Jake Long, OT, Michigan
--I had Glenn Dorsey here earlier, but I just don't see it happening anymore. Jake Long is the pick, the Rams offensive line is getting older and they'll need someone to replace Orlando Pace eventually. Adding Jake Long may have helped Stephen Jackson a little bit, if not a lot.
3. Atlanta Falcons: Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College
--I know, I know. The Falcons want Gholston. Wait no, they want Dorsey? It's all a smokescreen, Matt Ryan is the pick! The Falcons will build their franchise with a new head coach and he will bring in a new quarterback to lead this team in Ryan. When you think Atlanta you think Mike Vick, Matt Ryan will hope to change that.
4. Oakland Raiders: Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio State
--Al Davis has fell in love with this workout warrior in Vernon Gholston. He's been compared to Chargers linebacker Shawn Merriman constantly and he'll hope to put up the same stats... Without the steroids. Oakland's defense just got a little nastier by adding Gholston.
5. Kansas City Chiefs: Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
--Most expect the Chiefs to take an offensive tackle, but with Glenn Dorsey on the board, they say 'Forgettabout it!" Glenn Dorsey, without his injuries that I think are magnified a little too much, would be the best player on everyones' boards. The Chiefs brought back Jared Allen and now you don't have to worry about people running over them with Dorsey in the mix.
6. New York Jets: Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
--As a Dolphins fan, this is probably something I don't want to see. McFadden is getting Adrian Peterson-hype and he goes to the gosh darned Jets? McFadden will be employed in a two back system with Thomas Jones and they'll look to do a little thunder and lightning duo like you've seen in Dallas.
7. New England Patriots: Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy
--Why do the Patriots get the 7th overall selection after they handled most of the NFL? The Chokeartists, er I mean Patriots, may have lost Asante Samuel but that won't phase them with the addition of Leodis McKelvin. I know some have Rodgers-Cromartie above McKelvin, but I'd have to disagree with them. The Pats will take the best cornerback in the draft.
8. Baltimore Ravens: Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State
--The Ravens could go a number of ways with this selection from taking a cornerback, quarterback, or offensive tackle. They go with the athletic tackle in Ryan Clady. Clady will look to replace the rather old and injury prone Jonathan Ogden. Clady is looked at by scouts as a true left tackle in the NFL. The Ravens will hope they're right.
9. Cincinnati Bengals: Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC
--Cincinnati was likely hoping they'd see Glenn Dorsey fall right into their laps, but that just ain't gonna happen. The Bengals defense has been awful, just awful. There's not a word to describe it actually and with Sedrick Ellis in the picture, the Bengals will look to not have to worry about getting run over every week.
10. New Orleans Saints: Keith Rivers, LB, USC
--The Saints have been a tricky selection to work with in the fact that half their fans want Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, but there is a reason why the fans aren't in charge. The Saints have spent too much money on cornerbacks and won't draft one in the first round. Instead they look to the best linebacker in the draft to pair up with Jonathan Vilma to send them back to the playoffs.
11. Buffalo Bills: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Tennessee State
--The Buffalo Bills could use a wide receiver here, but there isn't a stand out number one guy that is worth taking right now. Instead they take the man that every fan covets in Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. Rodgers-Cromartie will look to replace shutdown cornerback Nate Clements in Buffalo and possibly live up to the expectations people have put on him due to sharing blood with All-Pro Antonio Cromartie.
12. Denver Broncos: Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt
--The Broncos can't be comfortable with Ryan Harris and some other guy as their starting tackles so they look to bring in the athletic tackle in Chris Williams who will be a perfect fit in the Broncos blocking scheme. Jay Cutler knows this guy from college and I'm sure they'll get along better than that wide receiver, Brandon Marshall, that is if he overcomes his 'injury'.
13. Carolina Panthers: Branden Albert, OG, Virginia
--The Panthers will address their defensive end problems later by adding who? Branden Albert is who! Some people will think I'm crazy here, but I'd have to disagree. Albert will be put inside and leave Wharton staying at the tackle position. Heck, I bet Albert could play tackle himself. The Panthers will grab this stud who is rising on everyones' big board.
14. Chicago Bears: Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh
--The Bears have had offensive woes for way too long and it's pretty sad. They have a great defense and special teams, it's just that offense that gets them nowhere. They grab Jeff Otah, who many believe belongs in the top ten. Otah will come to Chicago looking to replace one of the Bears aging tackles and maybe grab a steak dinner or two while he's at it. Let's just hope he doesn't eat Devin Hester...
15. Detroit Lions: Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois
--Okay, insert your Matt Millen joke here because I'm not going to. We've heard it too often and although we all know that Millen is a moron, I think he smartens up and take Mendenhall. The Lions got rid of Kevin Jones and will need someone new to replace him and that man is Rashard Mendenhall. Now the only question is, when will Drew Stanton be given his chance and when are the Lions sending Roy Williams to Miami for a 4th round pick?
16. Arizona Cardinals: Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida
--The Cardinals drafted Antrel Rolle a few years ago expecting him to be the shutdown corner for the next decade. Instead they send him to free safety so now they're back to square one. The Cardinals don't take a chance on Jonathan Stewart's injuries and go for Mike Jenkins. Jenkins is a player without doubt and I'm sure he'll make an impact in Arizona. The Jenkins and Hood duo will look to strike fear in offenses everywhere.
17. Minnesota Vikings: Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida
--The Vikings could go a number of ways here, but I think they'll go with Derrick Harvey, the defensive end out of Florida. The Vikings have faced problems with the defensive end position for a while now and it wouldn't surprise me if they actually traded for Jason Taylor. Either way, Derrick Harvey will look to insert himself into the starting defensive end position in Minnesota, which won't be too hard.
18. Houston Texans: Kenny Phillips, S, Miami
--The Texans were likely hoping for an offensive linemen to fall of them, but the ball didn't roll that way. Curome Cox just doesn't seem like a person I want as an everydown starter at free safety so with that in mind, the Texans draft Kenny Phillips out of Miami. Miami is well known for churning out quality safeties into the NFL. Let's just hope he'll turn out like Ed Reed and Sean Taylor in Houston.
19. Philadelphia Eagles: Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
--The Philadelphia Eagles can't be comfortable with Kevin Curtis and Reggie Brown as their number one and two receivers. The Eagles need a number one guy and that guy is Limas Sweed. Sweed is rising on draft boards and can be Donovan McNabb's go-to-guy in 2008 and beyond. With Sweed in the picture, Brown can remain the number two receiver and you can slip Curtis into the slot. He's much more athletic than Wes Welker so I could see him succeeding in that role.
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
--The Buccaneers could go wide receiver here, but I don't see them passing on Brian Brohm. Jeff Garcia isn't getting any younger and Chris Simms has had more than enough chances. Garcia should have a year or two still in the tank and that'll let Brohm be his understudy for a little while. With Jeff Garcia serving as a mentor to Brohm, it should help Brohm's transition into the NFL.
21. Washington Redskins: Phillip Merling, DE, Clemson
--The Redskins could use a wide receiver, but Merling is just too good to pass up at this point. The Redskins don't really have much at defensive end other than Andre Carter and the aging Phillip Daniels. Merling will look to replace Daniels in the starting defensive end role in 2008 or 2009. The 'Skins defense is getting old as a whole and hopefully they will address this soon.
22. Dallas Cowboys: Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon
--The Cowboys have a few options here such as bringing in Devin Thomas, Aqib Talib, or Jonathan Stewart. Stewart is a value pick at this point and that's why the Cowboys will take him. Stewart has been flagged with some injuries and without them he would have went much earlier. The Cowboys will look to employ that two back system with Jonathan Stewart after Julius Jones signed with the Seahawks.
23. Pittsburgh Steelers: Devin Thomas, WR, Michigan State
--The Steelers were really hoping that Branden Albert would fall to them to replace Al Faneca but with Albert's stock rising, that isn't going to happen. Instead the Steelers bring in another target for Ben Roethlisberger as Hines Ward isn't getting any younger and while Santonio Holmes is looking to be a great receiver, he hasn't shown to be that go-to-guy quite yet. Adding Thomas will just make that Steelers offense even more deadly.
24. Tennessee Titans: Desean Jackson, WR, California
--The Titans really need a wide receiver and I don't see them taking a defensive end yet. The Titans decide to go with Desean Jackson who will be able to open up the field for Vince Young, giving Young another target to work with. With the addition of Alge Crumpler, Young has his go-to-guy and bringing Desean Jackson will up the chance of a big play. Jackson will also be a major contributor to the Titans special teams as a returnman.
25. Seattle Seahawks: Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina
--The Seattle Seahawks could go tight end, but I don't see Keller hitting the first round. Instead they settle for defensive tackle Kentwan Balmer. The Seahawks really only have Rocky Bernard as far as good defensive tackles go, the other guys are nothing to brag about. The Seahawks can place Balmer in the starting role opposite to Bernard and now they have one of the best front fours in the league with Bernard and Balmer in the middle as well as Kerney and Tapp on the outside.
26. Jacksonville Jaguars: Calais Campbell, DE, Miami
--The Jaguars could use a defensive tackle, but in reality they won't reach for one quite yet. Instead they grab the underachieving Calais Campbell. Campbell has all the skills in the world to be a successful defensive end for the Jaguars 4-3, but he just hasn't put it together like he should. Paul Spicer looks to solidify his role as the starting left end, but Hayward has been a disappointment as the team's right end. He'll look to replace Hayward in 2008 and beyond.
27. San Diego Chargers: Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas
--The Chargers could use a cornerback, but the depth is pretty deep and with Felix Jones dropping into their laps, it's pretty tough to pass him up. Jones is a very shifty and quick back that can complement LaDanian Tomlinson like Michael Turner did. I don't think Sproles would be a good number two option, so the Chargers look to bring a complement to Tomlinson whenever he needs to catch his breath.
28. Dallas Cowboys: Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas
--The Cowboys are pretty desperate for cornerbacks so they grab the best remaining cornerback on the board in Aqib Talib. The fact that Talib has run into issues over failing a drug test will scare away some, but definitely not Jerry Jones. Talib will look to replace the aging Anthony Henry and start opposite to Terrence Newman. At worst, he'll be the team's nickelback this year with the loss of Jacque Reeves.
29. San Francisco 49ers: Quentin Groves, DE, Auburn
--The 49ers lack a pass rushing outside linebacker in their defense and adding Groves should end that concern. Groves is simply a great athlete who ran his 40 in the 4.5 region, with those characteristics, I'm sure he can make an impact. The 49ers have a lot of names on their defense right now, they just need to put it together and Groves should be able to help them do that.
30. Green Bay Packers: Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
--The Packers have a top notch cornerback tandem with Al Harris and Charles Woodson, but they aren't getting any younger. The Pack will look towards the future for their cornerback position by selecting Antoine Cason. Cason won't be an instant starter, but he'll be starting soon enough when either Woodson or Harris begins to decline. Well, I guess we said that about Aaron Rodgers too, but we had to wait until Favre retired, even after his interception total was mind boggling in 2006.
31. New England Patriots (Forfeited)
--Sorry Patsies, Roger Goddell 'pities the fool' who tries to pull a fast one with him in charge. I'm pretty sure Bill Bellicheat should spend that #31 overall salary on a new sweatshirt or something... Or breast reduction. Did I just go there? Yeah... I did.
32. New York Giants: Dan Connor, LB, Penn State
--The Giants lost a couple key players on defense and they'll be replacing them in the draft. They lost the likes of Kawika Mitchell and Reggie Torbor on defense and they'll replace them with the addition of the second rated linebacker in this year's draft in Dan Connor. Connor will likely play outside linebacker in the Giants nasty 4-3 defense. The Giants will look to return to the Super Bowl again next year, but it'll be yet another test for 'That Other Manning Kid'.

Second Round
33. Miami Dolphins: Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College
--With the addition of Cherilus, the Dolphins could move Vernon Carey back to right tackle or simply slide Cherilus in at right tackle. An offensive line of Carey, Satele, Smiley, and Cherilus is pretty sexy, let's hope Mormino can prove himself as a left guard.
34. St Louis Rams: Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC
--Move over Victor Adeyanju, insert Lawrence Jackson. The Rams address their offensive tackle position and now look to address their defensive end position with Jackson, who has first round potential.
35. Atlanta Falcons: Sam Baker, OT, USC
--The Falcons knew that with three second round selection, the could address the tackle position later. Sam Baker will look to start as the team's left tackle or at worst in the right tackle slot.
36. Kansas City Chiefs: Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan
--The Chiefs aren't quite happy with their wide receivers quite yet and with Manningham on the board, they can't pass him up. Manningham and Bowe will look to be the team's go-to-guys for the future.
37. New York Jets: Dustin Keller, TE, Purdue
--And the Jets draft yet another tight end hoping that he won't be a bust. Keller will be another target for Clemens and take some pressure off of the rest of the receivers.
38. Atlanta Falcons: Jerod Mayo, LB, Tennessee
--The Falcons grab a potential first round pick in Jerod Mayo looking for him to start as the team's weakside linebacker opposite of Michael Boley. Boley and Mayo will be one of the youngest and scariest linebacker combinations in the league.
39. Baltimore Ravens: Joe Flacco, QB, Delaware
--The Ravens shouldn't be comfortable with Steve McNair running the ship as he's just getting too old. Troy Smith could take over, but I wouldn't count on so they bring in some competition for him in Joe Flacco.
40. San Francisco 49ers: Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma
--The 49ers look to make up for their lost top ten pick by selecting the wide receiver who has been dropping rapidly after knee problems and a poor Pro Day performance. Kelly was rated the number one receiver by many before he just began to freefall on draft boards.
41. New Orleans Saints: Pat Sims, DT, Auburn
--The Saints were hoping for Dorsey or Ellis to fall, but it didn't work out for them. Instead they take big Pat Sims who will look to wreck havoc in the middle.
42. Buffalo Bills: James Hardy, WR, Indiana
--The Bills could use a complement for Lee Evans and they take the big guy from Indiana in James Hardy. Hardy is a first round talent and his 6'6" 220lb frame, he'll be a perfect compliment for Evans.
43. Denver Broncos: Early Doucet, WR, LSU
--The Broncos are having some problems with Brandon Marshall so they give him a scare by drafting Early Doucet out of LSU. Doucet is an underrated wide receiver that will likely replace Javon Walker as a starting receiver next to Brandon Marshall.
44. Carolina Panthers: Reggie Smith, S, Oklahoma
--The Panthers need a starting free safety so they grab one in Reggie Smith. Smith looks to solidify that free safety position that is currently manned by Terrence Holt and Nate Salley.
45. Chicago Bears: Chad Henne, QB, Michigan
--The Bears drafted their future offensive tackle in Jeff Otah and now they could use a quarterback to replace "Sexy" Rex Grossman. Henne is a born leader and will look to carry those characteristics to Chicago.
46. Detroit Lions: Carl Nicks, OT, Nebraska
--The Lions could use an offensive tackle so they grab one with some off-field problems but with plenty of talent to boot. Nicks could start at right tackle or possibly replace Jeff Backus at left tackle.
47. Cincinnati Bengals: Erin Henderson, LB, Maryland
--The Bengals need an outside linebacker so they grab the brother of EJ Henderson, Erin. Erin could start either weakside or strongside as the Bengals starters at both are nothing to brag home about.
48. Minnesota Vikings: Chilo Rachel, OG, USC
--There been talk of Minnesota moving Anthony Herrera to right tackle and adding Rachel could definitely make that happen. The addition of Chilo Rachel will make life easier for that superstar by the name of Adrian Peterson.
49. Atlanta Falcons: Dre Moore, DT, Maryland
--The Falcons could use a defensive tackle so they take the athletic tackle in Dre Moore. I think you could see a Babineaux/Moore combination growing onto the Falcon fans.
50. Philadelphia Eagles: Xavier Adibi, LB, Virginia Tech
--The Eagles need someone to replace Takeo Spikes at outside linebacker and this quick and shifty linebacker from Virginia Tech would be a perfect fit in the Eagles blitzing scheme.
51. Arizona Cardinals: Jamaal Charles, RB, Texas
--Edgerrin James just can't take the toll of an everydown back anymore so they bring in his eventual replacement who he'll share time with in Jamaal Charles.
52. Washington Redskins: DeJuan Morgan, S, North Carlina State
--After the tragic passing of Sean Taylor, the Redskins need to search for his replacement. They look no further as they snatch DeJuan Morgan in the second round.
53. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Justin King, CB, Penn State
--The Buccaneers could use a replacement for the aging Ronde Barber. Barber can still play, but the Bucs will look towards the future with King still on the board.
54. Pittsburgh: Anthony Collins, OT, Kansas
--The Steelers slapped the transition tag on Starks, but he could be elsewhere next year. Collins could play some guard or place Starks in the future.
55. Tennessee Titans: Tracy Porter, CB, Indiana
--The Titans look to have a solid cornerback in Cortland Finnegan that is very young, but Nick Harper is getting up in age and they'll look for a replacement. Tracy Porter is just too good to pass up.
56. Seattle Seahawks: Fred Davis, TE, USC
--The Seahawks passed on Keller in the first round, but get the next best thing in Fred Davis. Davis was the number one tight end until Keller showed up at the Combine and he'll look to start for the Hawks.
57. Green Bay Packers: Chris Johnson, RB, East Carolina
--The Packers have some solid running backs, but they don't pass up Chris Johnson at this point. Johnson would like split some time at first or just be the Packers speed back in a two back system.
58. Miami Dolphins: Curtis Lofton, LB, Oklahoma
--The Dolphins have Channing Crowder in the inside, but need one more inside linebacker. They decide to select Curtis Lofton who is just too good to pass up at this point.
59. Jacksonville Jaguars: Trevor Laws, DT, Notre Dame
--After trading away Marcus Stroud, the Jaguars need a replacement for him. Trevor Laws will look to fulfill those duties as he'll play alongside John Henderson in the Jaguars 4-3 defense. Laws is a very athletic tackle with plenty of intangibles to make it in this league.
60. Indianapolis Colts: Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami
--The Colts look to make their first pick in the draft count with Gooden. Gooden would be an excellent player in the Colts 4-3 defense as an outside linebacker, which is where they are weak at right now.
61. Green Bay Packers: Martellus Bennett, TE, Texas A&M
--The Packers are satisfied with Donald Lee as a tight end, but I don't think they pass on Martellus Bennett here. Bennett is a good blocker, as well as a receiver. He will fight for the starting job with Donald Lee.
62. Dallas Cowboys: Andre Caldwell, WR, Florida
--The Cowboys go for the best wide receiver on the board in Caldwell. Caldwell may not start right away, but he'll look to be a future starter with Patrick Crayton once Owens and Glenn are gone.
63. New England Patriots: Cliff Avril, LB, Purdue
--The Patriots grab Cliff Avril being their linebackers are getting pretty old. He'll be Seau's predecessor either in 2008 or 2009 at the latest.
64. New York Giants: Terrell Thomas, CB, USC
--The Giants need another cornerback opposite of Aaron Ross and they'll get one in Thomas. Thomas will be given a year or two to get use to the NFL with Sam Madison taking him under his wing.

Third Round
65. Miami Dolphins: Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
--This seems like a guy Parcells will covet, a physical corner with all the tools to be a star.
66. St Louis Rams: Earl Bennett, WR, Vanderbilt
--Bennett will look to be the team's starting receiver next to Holt or at least the third option.
67. Kansas City Chiefs: Oniel Cousins, OT, UTEP
--The Chiefs had two good value picks earlier, but finally address their offensive line with Cousins.
68. Carolina Panthers: Jason Jones, DE, Eastern Michigan
--The Panthers have avoided defensive tackle for a while, but they can't pass on Jones.
69. Atlanta Falcons: Patrick Lee, CB, Auburn
--Good bye DeAngelo Hall, hello Patrick Lee. Lee is a solid cornerback who has starting potential.
70. New England Patriots: Duane Brown, OT, Virginia Tech
--The Patriots address their offensive line by selecting Duane Brown, who is rising on draft boards everywhere.
71. Chicago Bears: Ray Rice, RB, Rutgers
--The Bears aren't too sure about Benson, so they bring in some competition in Ray Rice.
72. Jacksonville Jaguars: Tyrell Johnson, S, Arkansas State
--The Jaguars need a safety starting next to Reggie Nelson, strong safety Tyrell Johnson is a perfect fit.
73. Buffalo Bills: John Carlson, TE, Notre Dame
--The Bills need a tight end for Edwards, so they bring in one of the top tight ends available in Carlson.
74. Minnesota Vikings: Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky
--The Vikings probably can't rely on Jackson, so they bring in a back up plan in Woodson.
75. Carolina Panthers: Donnie Avery, WR, Houston
--The Panthers can't let this guy slip through their hands as Avery probably could go in the 2nd round.
76. San Francisco 49ers: Roy Schuening, OG, Oregon State
--The 49ers need a replacement for Justin Smiley, so they draft the 3rd rated guard in the draft.
77. Detroit Lions: Phillip Wheeler, LB, Georgia Tech
--The Lions need a linebacker who can play in coverage in the middle, Phillip Wheeler has the speed to do that so the Lions take a chance on him.
78. Cincinnati Bengals: Kevin Smith, RB, Central Florida
--The Bengals just can't be sure about Rudi Johnson, so they bring in a back up plan... just in case.
79. New Orleans Saints: Brandon Flowers, CB, Virginia Tech
--The Saints have went through plenty of cornerbacks that have failed them, they just hope that Brandon Flowers doesn't turn out like Jason David... or worse, Fred Thomas.
80. Houston Texans: Mike Pollak, C, Arizona State
--The Texans ditched Steve McKinney and now need a new center. Mike Pollak should fit the bill.
81. Philadelphia Eagles: Chris Ellis, DE, Virginia Tech
--The Eagles need a defensive end, so they bring in the talented yet troubled Chris Ellis.
82. Arizona Cardinals: Jeremy Thompson, DE, Wake Forest
--The Cardinals need a defensive end as well, so they grab one to replace Antonio Smith as left end.
83. Minnesota Vikings: Lavalle Hawkins, WR, California
--The Vikings could use a wide receiver, so they bring in Lavalle Hawkins will work the slot with Berrian and Rice as the team's number one and two options.
84. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Red Bryant, DT, Texas A&M
--Chris Hovan just doesn't scare me so the Bucs bring in Red Bryant, who looks to start next to Jovan Haye.
85. Washington Redskins: Jordy Nelson, WR, Kansas State
--The Redskins need a wide receiver, so they bring in the rising prospect in Jordy Nelson.
86. Tennessee Titans: Darrell Robertson, DE, Georgia Tech
--The Titans could use a defensive end as Kearse isn't an every down player, Robertson seems perfect for the job.
87. Seattle Seahawks: Matt Forte, RB, Tulane
--The Seahawks could use a pounding running back to compliment Julius Jones, who isn't a full time starter.
88. Detroit Lions: Tyvon Branch, CB, Connecticut
--The Lions could use a cornerback next to Leigh Bodden after sending Fernando Bryant packing. Branch should be able to play as the team's nickelback at worst.
89. Pittsburgh Steelers: John Greco, OG, Toledo
--The Steelers need an offensive guard to replace Al Faneca, so they welcome John Greco out of Toledo.
90. Jacksonville Jaguars: Josh Johnson, QB, San Diego
--Garrard signed a huge deal, but he has only had one good year. This is merely plan B, in case things don't work out with Garrard.
91. Chicago Bears: Mike McGlynn, OG, Pittsburgh
--The Bears look to bolster their offensive line adding yet another Pittsburgh linemen in McGlynn.
92. Green Bay Packers: Josh Barrett, S, Arizona State
--Atari Bigby should be a free agent next year looking to cash in so they draft Barrett in case he bolts next year.
93. Dallas Cowboys: Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
--The Cowboys haven't been pleased with Roy Williams coverage, so they draft Zbikowski who could eventually take over.
94. Indianapolis Colts: Eric Young, OG, Tennessee
--After losing Jake Scott to the Titans, the Colts bring in Young who looks to take over and protect Peyton Manning.
95. New England Patriots: Beau Bell, LB, UNLV
--The Patriots need younger linebackers so they bring in Beau Bell to eventually replace Tedy Bruschi.
96. New York Giants: Thomas DeCoud, S, California
--The Giants need to find a replacement for Gibril Wilson and they find the underrated Thomas DeCoud in the third round.
97. Washington Redskins: Marcus Harrison, DT, Arkansas
--The Redskins' defensive tackles aren't getting younger so they draft Harrison to add some depth and eventually start.
98. Cincinnati Bengals: Brad Cottam, TE, Tennessee
--The Bengals need a tight end for Palmer to work with, so they bring in Brad Cottam, who is a big target for any quarterback.
99. Atlanta Falcons: Dexter Jackson, WR, Appalachian State
--The Falcons could use a wide receiver to compliment Roddy White, so Dexter Jackson looks to do so.
100. Baltimore Ravens: Chevis Jackson, CB, LSU
--The Ravens cornerbacks are getting old and they need to groom some younger guys to take over for McAllister and Rolle in the future.

Last edited:
I do not see Flowers falling into the third. Also, I think the Saints would choose Trevor Laws over Pat Sims. Coach Orgeron has already stated that he prefers smaller, undersized DTs than bigger guys. I have a few other thoughts but I will leave at these aforementioned thoughts for now.

holy time on your hands, GIK! nice thorough work.... Id be happy with that fer shoooo.

I sincerely hope not.

I don't have much of a problem with it, especially Flowers in the 3rd (which I don't think will happen). I'd prefer going corner in the 1st, but if we went d on all 3 first picks, I actually don't care who it would be.

Also, David has been worse than Thomas. Freddy T was just too old in 2006, but had some solid years earlier on (not Champ Bailey-like, but waaayyyy better than his horrific 2006 and David's 2007).

Wow that was a LOT of work. I really like that draft. Rivers, Sims (I would prefer Laws, but Sims is fine), and Flowers would be a promising first three rounds. I think Flowers is more of a cover2 corner, but he might be able to handle the man side...

No complaints, thanks for dropping in with this. Looks like it took alot of work. I hope your team sees some improvement, as a Saints fan I know how hard it is to watch a really bad season and I feel for ya'll.

"59. Jacksonville Jaguars: Trevor Laws, DT, Notre Dame
--After trading away John Henderson, the Jaguars need a replacement for him. Trevor Laws will look to fulfill those duties as he'll play alongside Marcus Stroud in the Jaguars 4-3 defense. Laws is a very athletic tackle with plenty of intangibles to make it in this league."

I'd rather have Laws than Simms in the 2nd. Also, You have Henderson and Stroud mixed up, Stroud is the one who's no longer with the Jags.

"59. Jacksonville Jaguars: Trevor Laws, DT, Notre Dame
--After trading away John Henderson, the Jaguars need a replacement for him. Trevor Laws will look to fulfill those duties as he'll play alongside Marcus Stroud in the Jaguars 4-3 defense. Laws is a very athletic tackle with plenty of intangibles to make it in this league."

I'd rather have Laws than Simms in the 2nd. Also, You have Henderson and Stroud mixed up, Stroud is the one who's no longer with the Jags.

My bad. I'll make sure I fix that. Thanks for the nice words. Here's my reasoning behind Sims for those who like Laws more. Personally I have Sims rated higher than Laws on by board and I know many have been a fan of him. I don't know why, I just personally feel that the DT Big Board goes like so:

1. Dorsey
2. Ellis
3. Balmer
4. Sims
5. Moore
6. Laws

I could argue about this to no end, but the fact is, I like Sims more than laws. These are the third tier DTs that could be mixed and matched. I mean, some people out there feel that Ellis is better than Dorsey. Either way, I think the Saints need a dominate defensive tackle wrecking through the middle and Sims fits that bill more than laws in my opinion. Again, I'm no expert, if I was I wouldn't be posting at a message board.

10. New Orleans Saints: Keith Rivers, LB, USC
--The Saints have been a tricky selection to work with in the fact that half their fans want Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, but there is a reason why the fans aren't in charge. The Saints have spent too much money on cornerbacks and won't draft one in the first round. Instead they look to the best linebacker in the draft to pair up with Jonathan Vilma to send them back to the playoffs.
41. New Orleans Saints: Pat Sims, DT, Auburn
--The Saints were hoping for Dorsey or Ellis to fall, but it didn't work out for them. Instead they take big Pat Sims who will look to wreck havoc in the middle.
79. New Orleans Saints: Brandon Flowers, CB, Virginia Tech
--The Saints have went through plenty of cornerbacks that have failed them, they just hope that Brandon Flowers doesn't turn out like Jason David... or worse, Fred Thomas.

Wow, the #10 is the best explaination that I have seen this year. I would love to see the Saints get 2 of these 3 players. All three would be a gift from the Football Gods. Flowers unfortunaturely will not be available in the 3rd. GREAT MOCK though.

I am not a big Rivers fan. He reminds me of Mark Fields.

I think he has the body to be a beast, but plays soft. JMO

I do not see Tampa taking a QB at all in the draft. Sure they have about 80 average QBs on the roster, so on the surface it makes sense, but Gruden does better with Vets.

Gannon, B. Johnson, Garcia. He does not seem to be patient enough to really develop a QB. He likes guys that are seasoned who he can tweak for his system.

Man with that much work you put into this, you should start publishing your own draft guides. Excellent job.

My bad. I'll make sure I fix that. Thanks for the nice words. Here's my reasoning behind Sims for those who like Laws more. Personally I have Sims rated higher than Laws on by board and I know many have been a fan of him. I don't know why, I just personally feel that the DT Big Board goes like so:

1. Dorsey
2. Ellis
3. Balmer
4. Sims
5. Moore
6. Laws

I could argue about this to no end, but the fact is, I like Sims more than laws. These are the third tier DTs that could be mixed and matched. I mean, some people out there feel that Ellis is better than Dorsey. Either way, I think the Saints need a dominate defensive tackle wrecking through the middle and Sims fits that bill more than laws in my opinion. Again, I'm no expert, if I was I wouldn't be posting at a message board.

Again, excellent work, but I think Laws needs to be higher on that list. I expect him to go before Sims. He's flying up peoples draft boards since the offseason started.

I am not a big Rivers fan. He reminds me of Mark Fields.

I think he has the body to be a beast, but plays soft. JMO

I do not see Tampa taking a QB at all in the draft. Sure they have about 80 average QBs on the roster, so on the surface it makes sense, but Gruden does better with Vets.

Gannon, B. Johnson, Garcia. He does not seem to be patient enough to really develop a QB. He likes guys that are seasoned who he can tweak for his system.

Mark Fields turned into a really good LBer when he got to Carolina. Maybe our scheme sucked, therefore he looked like he sucked. Otherwise the light went on for the guy on the plane flight to Carolina.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom