Gil Brandt (NFL.com) Final 1st Round Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

Dart

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
2013 NFL Mock Drafts : NFL Mock Draft: Jets move up for Milliner

Awful mock. Seriously - guys like Brandt, Bucky Brooks and Charlie Casserly need to stop trying to do mock drafts because they embarrass themselves. In this one Brandt has the Jets trading up to number THREE overall to select an overrated CB who PFT has just revealed has had 5 surgeries during his College career. Insane.

And this is who he has us taking at 15 despite the fact that Sheldon Richardson, Jarvis Jones, Menelik Watson, D.J. Fluker and Xavier Rhodes are all still on the board.

Pick No. 15
Sylvester Williams
DT
North Carolina
The Saints, who are switching to a 3-4, grab the player with a chance to be the best nose tackle in this class.
I would say I'd vomit if this happened... But it won't happen.

Terrible pick with Jarvis, Richardson, Patterson, Rhodes, Trufant still on the board. There's about seven other players there I'd pick before Williams, maybe more.

That would be a nightmare scenario for the draft to fall like that in front of us. We need one of the QBs to be picked to push someone else down. And nothing there that's worthy of anyone else behind us would want to jump up for.

In that scenario, I'd rather see us take the CB Rhodes, Jarvis Jones, or Tank Carradine....or trade out of the 15 spot somehow.

Rhodes and Richardson go right on past us? He usually gets real close on the top 100, but does miss on exact picks sometimes, guess I need to watch some of this guy. Guy struggles with bull rush, which is needed in the NFL, his best move the swim, which is useless in the NFL. hope we would choose Richardson in this , plus I love Richardson's personality.

Teams have known about Milliners surgeries. So it's not like when that story broke teams just found out

He wouldn't be the player I pick if the draft goes like that, but I really like Sylvester Williams. Maybe the most versatile defensive tackle in this draft.

I like Williams as well. He is an option at 15 depending upon who else is on the board. He can play anywhere on the line in a 3-4. I like Richardson very much, but he seems better suited for a 4-3.

Are you talking about Gil Brandt the legendary NFL talent evaluator? The guy who changed the way the league approaches the draft? Yeah his opinion is worthless. He's an old man for god's sake cut him slack. Just email him your mock and let him know he's clueless.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom