Gil Brandt's top 100 (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the post. This has me confused though:
Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
6-5 3/8, 314
Has outstanding size, speed and athletic ability, though he did not play well at Maryland. He is a high risk/reward type of player.
I know Campbell is a top 15 pick, but just because he has good mesaureables he is a 1st tier player. I assumed he was putting them into teirs talent wise, but it seems it's more draft position wise. Which in that case, seems a little pointless.

The Godfather needs to retire, he's getting nuts in his old age. Has Tebow ranked above Witherspoon???

can't believe that he has #cam thomas at 70 and linval joseph at #36.

al woods at #59
torrell troup at #58

must not care for cam thomas very much.

Arellious Benn in the 50's? WOW that's crazy

those were in alphabetical order correct?

Yes I heard him talking about his list on Sirius. He put them in different "tiers" but he put those tiers in alphabetical order, not in the actual order in which he has those players ranked.

Thanks for the post. This has me confused though:

I know Campbell is a top 15 pick, but just because he has good mesaureables he is a 1st tier player. I assumed he was putting them into teirs talent wise, but it seems it's more draft position wise. Which in that case, seems a little pointless.

Walterfootball.com had a great article on "bust rates" of QB's, OT's, and other positions. Basically, the Bust rate for OT's in the first round in the last decade is around 25% or less, so there is a high rate of good players (about 75%) from that group. While QB's are more like 50/50.

So, playing the odds..

where was Chaney?

not in his top 100.

he'll be sorry though because this guy is very fast and is a tackling machine. he is a similar athlete to patrick willis, jared mayo, and thomas howard.

i don't get whats not to like about this kid other than the fact that he will turn 24 this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom