Gill fenerty to appear at saints hall of fame museum (1 Viewer)

retthib

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
http://neworleanssaints.com/Articles/2009/10/Gill Fenerty to Apear at Saints Hall of Fame.aspx

Former New Orleans Saints running back Gill Fenerty will appear at the Saints Hall of Fame Museum on Sunday, October 4 from 1 p.m.-2:15 p.m. to sign autographs prior to the New Orleans Saints vs. New York Jets game at 3:05 p.m.
Fenerty, who played for the Saints in 1990 and 1991, is a native of New Orleans. He starred at Jesuit High School before a fine college career at Holy Cross College, where he remains the program's all-time leading rusher.

With the Saints, Fenerty was part of playoff teams in both of his seasons, scoring five touchdowns.
The Saints Hall of Fame Museum is located at Gate B on the Plaza level of the Superdome. The museum opens three hours prior to game time for each Saints home game and is free of charge to all New Orleans Saints ticket holders on game day. During the week, the Saints Hall of Fame is available by appointment for $7 per person or $5 for any group of ten

Anyone going to the game should stop by and say hi to Gill. He's a good guy and a Jesuit alum.

Fennerty had the best lateral step I have ever seen. The first tackler was usually left grasping air.

Why did Gill only last two years with us? Or in the NFL for that matter?

I played with Gill at Jesuit. Tremendous athlete, strong as an ox and tough as nails. Good guy as well. Originally signed with LSU and transferred. Think that might have been when LSU was loaded with Garry James and Dalton Hilliard. He also played a few years in Canada.

I played with Gill at Jesuit. Tremendous athlete, strong as an ox and tough as nails. Good guy as well. Originally signed with LSU and transferred. Think that might have been when LSU was loaded with Garry James and Dalton Hilliard. He also played a few years in Canada.

I can top that, I played with him on the Lakeview Vikings 85lb city champions in about 1978

my favorite player of all time (from his time with Toronto) I wish i didn't live a million miles away :(

I can top that, I played with him on the Lakeview Vikings 85lb city champions in about 1978

Really. You whipped our butt. I was the quarterback for the Norman Raiders. Is that the game played at Behrman? It was ugly. There was another running back that was really good on that Lakeview team as well. His name escapes me. Howlett?

Really. You whipped our butt. I was the quarterback for the Norman Raiders. Is that the game played at Behrman? It was ugly. There was another running back that was really good on that Lakeview team as well. His name escapes me. Howlett?

Wow, man, you have a memory. Yes, it was Mike Howlett. IIRC, and he was actually the #1 back. he was great, but never took it anywhere that i know of. I don;t think he played in Hgh school or college. We were tough little SOBs back then. lol. Oh, and thinking about it. I bet is was more like 1975 or 76.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom