Gillikin's Island [Merged x2] (1 Viewer)

It’s water under the bridge, but Against the Giants one of the plays Sean Payton admitted he messed up on was kicking a 52 yd field goal instead of lettin Gil punt.

Let’s see: Poor kicker vs badass punter???

I guess now we all know why! 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

Player of the game imo. If he can be consistent like that every game he'll be a special teams weapon and help out the defense a ton. Could very well be the reason for a lot of wins.

Last edited:
Definitely the game we've been waiting for from Gilikin. I think Sean has been intentionally holding him back for a while, really reluctant to cut him loose. You could definitely tell that Payton hasn't really trusted Gilikin and has been bringing him along super slowly, but hopefully this puts some of that to rest.

Hehehe. In all seriousness, those 3 punts were absolutely beautiful. To stick three punts inside the 3 yard line in one game is absurd in itself, but the fact that 2 of them were unassisted is just straight up silly.

Definitely the game we've been waiting for from Gilikin. I think Sean has been intentionally holding him back for a while, really reluctant to cut him loose. You could definitely tell that Payton hasn't really trusted Gilikin and has been bringing him along super slowly, but hopefully this puts some of that to rest.

Hehehe. In all seriousness, those 3 punts were absolutely beautiful. To stick three punts inside the 3 yard line in one game is absurd in itself, but the fact that 2 of them were unassisted is just straight up silly.

No lie, I was worried about the punt team this year. Not only did we lose Morestead, one of the best punters in Saints history, but we also lost one of our top STers/ gunners in Justin Hardee.

But the Saints were a step ahead. Not only did they sign Gillikin last year, to protect him, they “gray shirted” him by placing him on IR.

Soo Smart! 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

Meanwhile, it seemed that throughout TC, the team was searching for somebody, anybody, to replace Hardee. But who’d a thunk it’d end up bein Ty Montgomery! So a shout out to the Saints staff for givin him the opportunity n to Ty for makin the most of it! 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom