Gilmore seeking 14 million per year (1 Viewer)

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Absolutely not.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds about right; the cap is rising guys, get used to this. 5 years $70 million for the second or third rated free agent corner sounds about what we can expect, maybe SLIGHTLY less, but not that much less.

Janoris Jenkins got 5 years $62.5m last year.

Slaw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds right to me. I projected 13 million. I'd do it, if we can't get Trumaine Johnson or AJ Bouye.

Blessedog

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Sounds about right; the cap is rising guys, get used to this. 5 years $70 million for the second or third rated free agent corner sounds about what we can expect, maybe SLIGHTLY less, but not that much less.

Janoris Jenkins got 5 years $62.5m last year.
Jenkins is a better player and had a great season before he went to the Giants. Can't see Gilmore getting more than $10m per year. Trumaine and Bouye might though.

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ridiculous. It's why I keep harping for Joe Haden. Those guys looking for 2nd contracts are going to be seeking a boatload of money. Meanwhile their contracts will make Haden look like a bargain. He'll go from top 6-8 in pay to 10th or so but he'll be a better more experienced CB than a lot of those guys who are 1 year wonders or scheme guys

LiterOCola

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Yep... the cap for teams to spend keeps increasing, but so are the contracts.
Everyone sees the cap keep rising and assumes that teams can get more/better players.

What will (and is) actually happen is the mid and upper tier player's contracts will rise also.

It sounds like he's asking for a lot, but that'll be close to the new normal unless the loss in viewership causes the cap to start falling once the TV contracts are renegotiated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom