Gilmore seeking 14 million per year (1 Viewer)

Ridiculous. It's why I keep harping for Joe Haden. Those guys looking for 2nd contracts are going to be seeking a boatload of money. Meanwhile their contracts will make Haden look like a bargain. He'll go from top 6-8 in pay to 10th or so but he'll be a better more experienced CB than a lot of those guys who are 1 year wonders or scheme guys
I agree. You know he may have had a couple of off years, but the talent around him has been sold off to the highest bidder. I'd probably stop trying so hard as well. Bring Haden in and build in an opt out clause of some kind if he doesn't produce. He and Breaux could be real solid together.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

That's quite high considering he's not the best CB on the market. I like Gilmore, but i'd take Logan Ryan & Tru Johnson over him. If we're gonna shell out that number on a CB i hope its Johnson. I Think Ryan is a better player & will come a few mill cheaper. I imagine that Gilmore's price tag might put off a few teams. Plus, we havent exactly had the best of luck pulling guys from that Buffalo Bills roster.

Cheap wont do. Because of the unknown of Kikaha we effectively need a Starter(Upgrade over Kruger) and a 3rd down rusher. I'm sure preferably you'd like to go into the draft knowing you have a starter so the draft pick isn't forced to come in Day 1 and be a starter...he has to earn it.

If the rookie wins then the payed player at least has to be a legit pressure player. So you can't really go cheap here because pressure players don't come cheap.

Guys like Branch would be squarely on the radar. Slow starter, finally turning it on. Doesn't have the #s to demand Top Dollar. Potential still pointing up. Size Check/Speed Check..etc etc.

Anyhow just fft

Kikaha will be competing for that spot. I could live with Branch on a reasonable contract. I just don't think we'll sign a JPP or Melvin Ingram.

I'd really prefer Zach Brown to Andre Branch if their contracts are in the same ballpark. I don't think either one would stop us from signing a top corner.

I click on your link and saw that Buffalo helmet and automatically say NOOOO.

Guess we got a lot of newer fans. I see the Buffalo Helmet and it reminds of the awesome CB we got from them that helped us win a Super Bowl.

EDIT: Someone beat me to it. Just because the last two got from Buffalo didn't turn out that great, doesn't mean the next one wont. Just because we got 2 great players from the Chargers, it doesn't mean that the next one will be just as awesome.

There was NO secret that he wanted elite cb money. This is why Detroit got a steal signing Slay 2 years early before Norman cashed in

I was told on this board we would have enough to sign both him and Zeitler or Ingram and Gilmote and probably another mid tier fa. Wonder if those people still believe that now....

Johnson and Bouye are going to be looking for the same $. IMO Gilmore is going to be the best of this group. He has the most potential and is the guy I would want if I had to pick one and say man up on Julio. 6'1 and ran a 4.40 at combine. He's just entering his prime and has the potential to be one of the best CBs in the league. Look for us to go out and make a big $ contract at CB.

I was told on this board we would have enough to sign both him and Zeitler or Ingram and Gilmote and probably another mid tier fa. Wonder if those people still believe that now....

I absolutely believe it can happen. We were going to sign Norman for more $ when we had no cap space. If we want to make it work for both of them we can and still have room for some signings to add a little depth.

Trumaine Johnson would be ideal fit in NOLA. Browns will prolly go after him heavy since GW is the DC there now. Hope Loomis can work the numbers and get this guy.

Yes, again, it comes down to contract structure. It is very easy to write up a contract averaging $14 million a year that would have a first year cap hit of well under half that amount if you want to. Also keep in mind, more cap space can be created if needed.

However, as stated on that thread, it also comes down to if those players want to be in New Orleans.

Don't get all the Gilmore love on this board.... This guy is not even worth 10 million per, much less 14! Yes, when healthy he is an average/good cover corner, but that has not been the case since his rookie year. He is the best corner the Bills have on the roster, but definitely not a guy that's going to solve our corner problems. He is a #2 corner at best! The guy is fragile and a poor tackler to say the least. Why on earth do people want to keep signing guys who cant make it through a whole season?! We already have 3 of those in the secondary. Aj Abouye is the guy to target. He was my neighbor back in Houston and the dude is laid back and friendly. To me his attitude plus his improving skillset make him ideal for New Orleans. Trumaine is also another to look at depending on the price commanded. I do think we should spend our money on a guard and a lb or corner in FA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom