Gilmore seeking 14 million per year (1 Viewer)

Yep... the cap for teams to spend keeps increasing, but so are the contracts.

Everyone sees the cap keep rising and assumes that teams can get more/better players.

What will (and is) actually happen is the mid and upper tier player's contracts will rise also.

It sounds like he's asking for a lot, but that'll be close to the new normal unless the loss in viewership causes the cap to start falling once the TV contracts are renegotiated.

Ridiculous. It's why I keep harping for Joe Haden. Those guys looking for 2nd contracts are going to be seeking a boatload of money. Meanwhile their contracts will make Haden look like a bargain. He'll go from top 6-8 in pay to 10th or so but he'll be a better more experienced CB than a lot of those guys who are 1 year wonders or scheme guys

Nooooo, I've said it in other threads, but Haden has been horrendous for 2 years. Worst graded corner in the league, behind only Browner in 2015. Was awful in 2016 too. Injuries have paid a toll on the guy. He's the oldest 27 year old on the planet.

Nooooo, I've said it in other threads, but Haden has been horrendous for 2 years. Worst graded corner in the league, behind only Browner in 2015. Was awful in 2016 too. Injuries have paid a toll on the guy. He's the oldest 27 year old on the planet.

Arguably a good point though I can't help but counter you by bringing up Cleveland having a poor defense around him in all areas. He is an old 27 but I think that bodes well for what is an overal Young in experience and DB corps outside of Sterling Moore.

There's also the footage of his matchup against Steve Smith this year who albeit is 30+ but still a very good WR. So much so that the Ravens extended open arms if he wanted to return. Teams don't do that for 35 year old receivers that don't still have "it". He nearly had 3 picks in that game or another one.

He's not washed that much is evident. Though I do like your argument because he's instantly go to a team that gets thrown at a lot..increasing the chance for injury...however my Football sense tells me he's a boom or bust with the right amount of inside insight (Aaron Glenn) that could prove a good pull that booms in a big way. AJ Bouye is coming from being a #2 CB there's some projection there. Gilmore doesn't create a lot of turnovers..that's my gripe with him. This defense needs guts that have good to great ball skills. Gilmore seems closer to Lewis than Greer

Arguably a good point though I can't help but counter you by bringing up Cleveland having a poor defense around him in all areas. He is an old 27 but I think that bodes well for what is an overal Young in experience and DB corps outside of Sterling Moore.

There's also the footage of his matchup against Steve Smith this year who albeit is 30+ but still a very good WR. So much so that the Ravens extended open arms if he wanted to return. Teams don't do that for 35 year old receivers that don't still have "it". He nearly had 3 picks in that game or another one.

He's not washed that much is evident. Though I do like your argument because he's instantly go to a team that gets thrown at a lot..increasing the chance for injury...however my Football sense tells me he's a boom or bust with the right amount of inside insight (Aaron Glenn) that could prove a good pull that could boom in a big way.

Understand your side, I just can't get behind it. I will be incredibly disappointed if he is our "big cornerback signing".

Edit: Also don't think a good corner allows a 158.2 passer rating on any defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Understand your side, I just can't get behind it. I will be incredibly disappointed if he is our "big cornerback signing".

I'd trade for him + Paycut similar to Ellerbe. No higher than a 4th cuz he'd be better than any 4th round CB you bring in.

I'd trade for him + Paycut similar to Ellerbe. No higher than a 4th cuz he'd be better than any 4th round CB you bring in.

I think we could draft a 4th rounder that wouldn't allow a 158.2 passer rating for a season. Even on the Browns defense.

Pay both and worry about the rest in the draft. I don't want a big name DE in FA.

Need one. The 1st player we allowed a crack at starting DE when Kikaha went down was Obum. He slid down the depth chart quickly b4 being put on IR. I've got to think they'd like to get a guy with that body type in here at some point. I doubt they are in the hunt for Melvin Ingram but Andre Branch is a legit possibility. Especially since he doesn't have the stats or notoriety to command high dollars. Keenan Lewis like signing. I don't see Krueger/Edebali returning so you'll probably need 2 DE's...or maybe Boom is in that # and one of the other guys return. Pref 1 in FA and 1 in Draft.

Need one. The 1st player we allowed a crack at starting DE when Kikaha went down was Obum. He slid down the depth chart quickly b4 being put on IR. I've got to think they'd like to get a guy with that body type in here at some point. I doubt they are in the hunt for Melvin Ingram but Andre Branch is a legit possibility. Especially since he doesn't have the stats or notoriety to command high dollars. Keenan Lewis like signing. I don't see Krueger/Edebali returning so you'll probably need 2 DE's...or maybe Boom is in that # and one of the other guys return. Pref 1 in FA and 1 in Draft.

Maybe a cheap one then. Demarcus Ware is my hope. Would love that signing. Solomon Thomas at 11. Would be set.

Maybe a cheap one then. Demarcus Ware is my hope. Would love that signing. Solomon Thomas at 11. Would be set.
Cheap wont do. Because of the unknown of Kikaha we effectively need a Starter(Upgrade over Kruger) and a 3rd down rusher. I'm sure preferably you'd like to go into the draft knowing you have a starter so the draft pick isn't forced to come in Day 1 and be a starter...he has to earn it.

If the rookie wins then the payed player at least has to be a legit pressure player. So you can't really go cheap here because pressure players don't come cheap.

Guys like Branch would be squarely on the radar. Slow starter, finally turning it on. Doesn't have the #s to demand Top Dollar. Potential still pointing up. Size Check/Speed Check..etc etc.

Anyhow just fft

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom