Gingrich: "I'm deeply worried..." (1 Viewer)

HouDat

Banned
Reaction score
I received an email from a friend this week. Here's a direct copy/paste:

Like him or not; the man has an irrefutable point. This is a short video
that carries a profound and very sobering message that every AMERICAN, and
every person who enjoys freedom should view. This video has nothing to do
with politics and everything to do with the survival of the free world.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sZiw3qVdFzw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sZiw3qVdFzw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

To you itching-to-demonize demagogues, I will point out that the friend who sent me this email is involved with the Democratic Party of Texas in a leadership position. She's a former New Orleanian, too.

I've long considered Gingrich one of the more brilliant political minds of this day and age. While I don't agree with everything he says, I do believe he's a great thinker -- someone who isn't guided by focus groups, polls, etc.

Thought-provoking words in this video.

Gingrich is one of my guilty pleasures. I love the way his political mind works and while I only agree with him on about 50% of the issues he provokes thought when he speaks on any issues.

So as much as I hate to admit it I'm a fan and regret he's not more active on the political scene.

So as much as I hate to admit it I'm a fan and regret he's not more active on the political scene.

I regret Gingrich isn't more active politically in the same way I wish Jerry Glanville and Mike Ditka still coached in the NFL.

Well said. The Democrats blame and the Republicans make excuses. All the while, nothing gets done. In fact, things only get worse. Everyone is to blame. Some more than others. But, what matters is where we go from here. Yesterday and ten years ago are gone. Our nation has the ability and resources to correct our problems. Sadly, the only thing that truly brings us together is a horrific day like 9/11.

less than 4 years to defeat Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy, and Imperialist Japan...Blue tarps still on houses in New Orleans. We are indeed in different times.

Last edited:
Not that we fought in WWII by ourselves....and those were enemies that dressed in a uniform and when the figure heads surrendered, most of their followers did as well....in fact, its just too different to compare.

And I thought it was Japan....:ezbill:

I received an email from a friend this week........ To you itching-to-demonize demagogues, I will point out that the friend who sent me this email is involved with the Democratic Party of Texas in a leadership position. She's a former New Orleanian, too.

So, who's she voting for? :)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rtP3whUbgZE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rtP3whUbgZE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I received an email from a friend this week. Here's a direct copy/paste:

Like him or not; the man has an irrefutable point. This is a short video
that carries a profound and very sobering message that every AMERICAN, and
every person who enjoys freedom should view. This video has nothing to do
with politics and everything to do with the survival of the free world.

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sZiw3qVdFzw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

To you itching-to-demonize demagogues, I will point out that the friend who sent me this email is involved with the Democratic Party of Texas in a leadership position. She's a former New Orleanian, too.

I've long considered Gingrich one of the more brilliant political minds of this day and age. While I don't agree with everything he says, I do believe he's a great thinker -- someone who isn't guided by focus groups, polls, etc.

Thought-provoking words in this video.

"Survival of the free world."

How is it we are never ever safe and confident? We have two oceans on each side of us, a polar ice cap north of us and docile, dancing Latinos to the South of us.

We are the richest society in history, with the largest military establishment in world history and spend more on "defense" than all the rest of the world combined.

Yet we are always in mortal danger?

"Fascinating, captain."

I like Gingrich more, the farther away from politics he gets. He's a smart guy, interesting writer, a historian with a self-deprecating sense of humor.

But when he turns his focus on politics--as he did again this year, he's a real jerk. I can't explain it, because he's such an interesting guy who I've come to admire in many ways. But it's like he's two different people.

Not that we fought in WWII by ourselves....and those were enemies that dressed in a uniform and when the figure heads surrendered, most of their followers did as well....in fact, its just too different to compare.

Fixed it...missed typed it or foreshadowing, I'm not sure which...

Yes it is a different enemy in a different time, but the point is that the resolve of the country is not what it was against the enemy...not even close. We can't get a common effort to help our own people in a timely fashion.

I think he's a bit late. With the passage and renewal of the Patriot Act, it's clear to me most Americans are willing to exchange their civil liberties for a sense of protection; I'm not sure how many civil liberties we have left to relinquish in the wake of another "foreign" terror attacks. Contrasted with domestic terror actions that result in little action (e.g. Unabomber, Oklahoma City Bombing).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom