Give Dennis Allen a Chance (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
OK, it appears most of you on here have forgotten the first 3 years of the Sean Payton era.
2006: 10-6 (With Drew Brees at quarterback and an overachieving defense)
2007: 7-9 (Still has Drew Brees at quarterback)
2008: 8-8 (Still has Drew Brees at quarterback and I can remember the website www.fireseanpayton.com)

My point is, after that 2008 season, most on here were ready to send Payton packing. (I'm sure someone can pull up a few threads in the old archives). So, I ask you, if we would have had a young Drew Brees on this team, with Dennis Allen at the helm, do you not think that we would have easily won this division?

Look, I'd love for Dennis Allen to be more fired up, but that's just not his personality. I do think we need a new OC to bring in a new system, but the thing we need the most is a QB that can be "The Man" like Brees was and win games for us when everything else is not going so great.

For the past 5 to 7 years, everyone on here's key phrase was "Make it Happen Loomis" and Loomis was heralded one of the great general managers in the league. No way do I believe that he's lost his touch over the course of 1 year.

Plain and simple, Sean was a very good coach, but without Brees, he would have probably been run out of here before his first contract expired. Let's give Dennis a chance next year to see if he and Loomis can get something done.

Plain and simple, Sean was a very good coach, but without Brees, he would have probably been run out of here before his first contract expired. Let's give Dennis a chance next year to see if he and Loomis can get something done.

Sure, I will. I hope as always the Saints win the majority of their games. But I'm not paying the Saints $5k for two season tickets, and committing myself to flying in for a bunch of home games, to watch run > run > incomplete pass, and losing a game 7-6 after we kicked two field goals from inside the 5.

OK, it appears most of you on here have forgotten the first 3 years of the Sean Payton era.
2008: 8-8 (Still has Drew Brees at quarterback and I can remember the website www.fireseanpayton.com)

My point is, after that 2008 season, most on here were ready to send Payton packing. (I'm sure someone can pull up a few threads in the old archives). So, I ask you, if we would have had a young Drew Brees on this team, with Dennis Allen at the helm, do you not think that we would have easily won this division?

Look, I'd love for Dennis Allen to be more fired up, but that's just not his personality. I do think we need a new OC to bring in a new system, but the thing we need the most is a QB that can be "The Man" like Brees was and win games for us when everything else is not going so great.

For the past 5 to 7 years, everyone on here's key phrase was "Make it Happen Loomis" and Loomis was heralded one of the great general managers in the league. No way do I believe that he's lost his touch over the course of 1 year.

He's a terrible coach and leader. No

Denis Allen is a failed coach who is failing at his second spot. He looks to be in over his head and plays it more safe than a 90 year old grandmaw on the interstate.

Sean Payton always was decisive and took chances and never once did I think he was in over his head. Sure he almost got fired early on but at least it was because he was being bold and taking chances. Dennis Allen reminds me of former LSU head coach Les Miles, a clueless empty suit. He plays it safe calm and cool.

Sorry but fortune favors the bold. Every team in the playoffs except maybe Dallas has bold risk taking coaches. We play Andy Dalton because he is safe and score almost no points.

People have convinced themselves that only Payton can be HC and anyone else is going to be dumpster fire unless they win 12+ games regardless of injuries or who is at QB. People will pretend that’s not true but the moment things get shaky with a new coach (which is inevitable) you’ll see the same things they’re saying about Allen.

Do you think that’s bad? Wait until they draft a QB. If he’s not Patrick Mahomes out of the gate you’ll see posts about wasted picks. Set the franchise back 10 years. We can’t develop talent. Why daddy Payton leave us?

It’s going to be ugly here for awhile. May as well find the humor in it.

Come on man …

I think this fits here. Lol

I suppose it all comes down to whether you consider DA's 3 years in Oakland to be part of his record or if you consider this season to be Year Zero for DA.

We already gave DA a chance despite his horrible record with the Raiders and the results were not good.

Sorta funny nobody has a stirring defense for DA as a coach, its all just, "Sure we know he sucks but it would look bad in front of the neighbors if we let him go before 2024."

If DA had taken this team to the NFCCG in his first year like Payton did, I promise you we'd all shut up

Sure, I will. I hope as always the Saints win the majority of their games. But I'm not paying the Saints $5k for two season tickets, and committing myself to flying in for a bunch of home games, to watch run > run > incomplete pass, and losing a game 7-6 after we kicked two field goals from inside the 5.
Can't blame you for this, AT ALL. If I were you I'd downgrade to lowest price tickets and give it a year, then upgrade if things get better after next year. That way you don't lose your rights and you might be able to sell cheap seats for close to what you paid for them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom