Give Drew credit for admitting the deep throws have been missing. (1 Viewer)

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Drew said so on NBC Sunday night football. And I have been saying this since the NFCCG we had stolen from us. That was really the last year for any semblance of a true deep threat ability. And it was very marginal that year really. Add in, Jameis is also a threat to take off and run in given situations opens up the offense.

Drew said so on NBC Sunday night football. And I have been saying this since the NFCCG we had stolen from us. That was really the last year for any semblance of a true deep threat ability. And it was very marginal that year really. Add in, Jameis is also a threat to take off and run in given situations opens up the offense.
Winstons running ability really surprised me

Some Saints fans probably flooded NBC with calls to complain and argue that Drew really could throw the deep ball well the last couple of years.

Some Saints fans probably flooded NBC with calls to complain and argue that Drew really could throw the deep ball well the last couple of years.
Like they did in here since 2017...lol

Look, even Drew knew. He looks good on NBC, rug and all, and stepping aside will heal divides in our fans as we watch a younger guy take the reigns, score 5 TDs....then we get to see our ex-GOAT, talk about later.

Best of both worlds

Look, even Drew knew. He looks good on NBC, rug and all, and stepping aside will heal divides in our fans as we watch a younger guy take the reigns, score 5 TDs....then we get to see our ex-GOAT, talk about later.

Best of both worlds
It was always telling that Brees was so open to Winston when he came to NOLA.
You didn’t see that with Favre and Rodgers or Montana and Young.
Traditionally, these transitions after a HOF QB are hostile.

I think if you had Brees alone in a room and could ask him one question, I think he would admit he probably played one year too long.
Nah, a few years....which he admits in that clip, Saints been missing that SB winning tool. Still, it wasnt a bad plan, and if the defense was as shut down all season, mainly playoffs, as it showed today....it could have paid off for us with a Limited Drew.

It just became monotonous and caused strife.

Last edited:
That’s why another WR wouldn’t have helped post 2017. There’s only so many routes pass catchers can run within the first 10yds past the LOS. We could’ve had three Michael Thomas’ out there and Brees would still struggle in the playoffs when the refs allow the DB’s to play more physical.

I think if you had Brees alone in a room and could ask him one question, I think he would admit he probably played one year too long.
We will see. If Jameis really is going to up his game and become a MVP type QB that has a long run winning lots of games for the Saints, then maybe we look back at last year as a year he helped show the next guy tricks of the trade. Jameis came to New Orleans for not much money 100 percent because he wanted to learn from Brees and a great coach. Yesterday, you can tell understanding you don’t have to throw aggressively down the field every time was an eye opener. The film of this game will be a bit terrifying for opponent DCs when they watch Jaboo running for first down, stepping up with flawless mechanics and foot work and hitting the right receivers underneath, and unleashing a 57 yard in the air strike. Now that he has learned an efficient underneath game, you can’t bait him into bad down field throws. But if you don’t have two safeties, he will also likely burn you long.

Best of both worlds

Do you mean these years?

1631533342847.png

Yes, he was completely inadequate.

Do you mean these years?

1631533342847.png

Do you mean these years?

1631533342847.png

Yeah, nobody said that. Also, no need to defend...its the playoffs when things tighten up, where not being able to take the top off the defense really hurt us.

Jameis still have to prove he can do it. He has to get us there, then be just as strong in playoffs as regular season.

Do you mean these years?

1631533342847.png

I love Drew. Most Saints fans love Drew. But Winston threw for over 5000 yards one season. That does not equate to being able to throw the ball deep with any propensity and efficiency. There is certainly no arguing how great Drew was and how accurate he was. But on the flip side. You, nor anyone else can argue his declining ability to stretch the field, his last 3 to 4 years. Not only for the deep throws, but for the deep out routes. Drew knew. And by Drew’s own admission on Sunday night football, said so himself. But I guess Drew saying it means nothing, as it relates to your stats. We’ll see where Jameis ultimately leads the Saints. Just admit Drew could not have made the 60 yard dime Jameis threw for a TD to Harris, and you will have more credibility.

I’m trying to find a clip. Anyone have any luck?
It was said. But keep looking. I guess if you want, you could listen maybe to WWL 870 and I am sure they will mention it as well at some point. Good luck!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom