Give Drew credit for admitting the deep throws have been missing. (1 Viewer)

Ok, what Drew said about the long ball was a tongue & cheek comment, perfect for television. So don't read much about it.

There was another moment when Mike Tirico asked Drew to stop watching the saints, since they are on live TV. Another tongue & cheek moment.

And finally, I like that Drew sent Jameis a picture of him and the rest of the cast watching on the control room, letting him know everyone is watching.

Drew is still very close and will be there for advise when needed. And btw, considering it was his first weekend on tv, he did quite good.

The arm strength stuff was dumb. It was so clear to most people but if you mentioned it then you were attacked.

Similar things happened in 2005-2006 with Deuce. You weren’t allowed to say that he was getting bigger.

I think if you had Brees alone in a room and could ask him one question, I think he would admit he probably played one year too long.
Two years too long. I think the plan was to retire after the Super Bowl following the 2018 season, win or lose, but the NFCCG shenanigans blew that up. Had that game even been a clean loss he might have still retired, but he couldn't go out on that note.

It was in the teleprompter and he read it before one of the other guys could.

Nah, a few years....which he admits in that clip. Still, it wasnt a bad plan, and if the defense was as shut down all season, mainly playoffs, as it showed today....it could have paid off for us with a Limited Drew.

It just became monotonous and caused strife.
No, you're wrong.

Would you say the same thing about John Elway? If so, how do you care to explain his Super Bowl wins at the end of his career? The defense and running didn't do it by themselves.

For that matter, would you say the same thing about Joe Montana even though he won a Super Bowl after his long ball was gone?

If you'd say yes to either, you simply don't know what you're talking about. A QB doesn't have to be able to throw 40-50 yard strikes to be an effective winner. In fact, most Super Bowl winning QBs never could throw those.

Drew's long ball was gone after the Rams debacle season (for which the NFL still owes the entire New Orleans Saints team an NFC Championship banner at the very least - and let's be honest, they would have trounced the Patriots in that Super Bowl), but he was far from done as a quarterback. Had not a certain DB made a bone-headed play against the Vikings, Brees would have had another Super Bowl trophy that year as well.

One might be able to make the argument for last season, but had his rotator cuff not been injured, I believe we would have made the Super Bowl last year as well. We were certainly a much better team than Tampa when we were healthy. Injuries to Brees, Kwon, and other key players killed our season last year, not Drew's inability to throw it 45 yards.

Absolutely not.

I said Brees said that "Apparently this is what the Saints were missing the past few years". Then linked the video where he said it.

Never did anyone say Drew SAID he shouldnt have been here the past few years. You letting your emotions extrapolate incorrectly.

We are saying he wasnt SB effective for last few years and should have retired. We said that...we never said Brees said that.

2794DEAD-9861-4C7C-9225-AE0DE707D880.jpeg
Is this you?
In this post, you respond to the previous poster’s comment that Brees would admit he played too long. Your retort clearly states that Brees himself acknowledges in the clip that he stayed a few years too long.

Last edited:
2794DEAD-9861-4C7C-9225-AE0DE707D880.jpeg
Is this you?
In this post, you respomd to the previous poster’s comment that Brees would admit he played too long. Your retort clearly states that Brees himself acknowledges in the clip that he stayed a few years too long.

Actually read my retort stand alone. It's clearly states he acknowledged we been missing a major tool for a few years.

Previous poster states that Brees was here too long and I agreed (Me that he stayed to long) and said that Brees even admits that we have been missing a major tool in our toolkit.

Anyway, you bending over backwards to extrapolate this. All you had to do was ask me what I meant. Like I'm telling you now.

😅

Its semantics.....unless you are an English major. If so, then give us a better way to word it....lmao. either way, we are well past this and its overexplained.

It was in the teleprompter and he read it before one of the other guys could.
Yeah, I think it was a scripted comment for the other guys. Whether he agrees or not, I don't know, but Drew didn't admit to anything.

I think everyone is reading too much into Drew's comment. It was obvious to me that he meant it "tongue in cheek". The only thing he could have done more was to roll his eyes when he said it.

I don't understand why so many people struggle with the fact that Drew couldn't throw a football very far there towards the end. He could no longer effectively throw a deep pass and hit receivers in stride so that element of the offense was no longer viable. There's no shame in that. It's totally normal for a QB to lose arm strength as he ages.

Admitting that doesn't make Drew any less great. It doesn't mean you're a bad fan or disloyal to Drew. It's just believing what you're seeing. Two things can be true at the same time. Drew Brees is the best passer I have ever seen and his deep ball started to decline around 35 or 36.

I hear you, it's like some kind of weird hero worship thing with Brees, I love Drew Brees and always will but he played at least one year longer than he should have, I hope he is healthy and happy post NFL.....

Had not a certain DB made a bone-headed play against the Vikings, Brees would have had another Super Bowl trophy that year as well.

So from a divisional playoff win....leaping to a SB trophy? Quite a leap there....you are way, way off.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom