Give Drew credit for admitting the deep throws have been missing. (1 Viewer)

You of all people taking a shot at Dan's credibility might be one of the most unintentionally funny things I've read in a while on here.

And by the way, for those of you who keep saying "well Drew said"..... It came off to me more like he's been hearing the same criticisms for the last few years and was engaging in self-deprecating humor. Instead it's like y'all are taking it at face value as if he had some grand revelation in that moment.
Oh My God, THNAK YOU. I’m honestly shocked at how many people can’t detect tongue-in-cheek tone. Drew wasn’t agreeing. It’s just like you said he’d heard that talk enough to last a lifetime. It was more like a nice, “Stop already. I get it. Move along.” He was just affable and self deprecating in his delivery, but Drew definitely wasn’t agreeing that his arm was dead.

Like they did in here since 2017...lol

Look, even Drew knew. He looks good on NBC, rug and all, and stepping aside will heal divides in our fans as we watch a younger guy take the reigns, score 5 TDs....then we get to see our ex-GOAT, talk about later.

Best of both worlds
Back to this? Didn't this get you banned before?

Actually read my retort stand alone. It's clearly states he acknowledged we been missing a major tool for a few years.

Previous poster states that Brees was here too long and I agreed (Me that he stayed to long) and said that Brees even admits that we have been missing a major tool in our toolkit.

Anyway, you bending over backwards to extrapolate this. All you had to do was ask me what I meant. Like I'm telling you now.

😅
It’s not a matter of bending over backwards. It’s you alleging that Drew said something that he didn’t.

I don’t know how you can re-read what you typed and still deny that your sentence outright says Brees admitted to staying in the league too long. I’m not the one who extrapolated, but you literally have done just that all from Drew’s sarcastic response to a highlight.

Nevertheless, we’ll agree to disagree on this. Have a great week.

You mean me stating that things that came to be true.....you are absolutely right. The discussion is laying it out, even the threads.

I wont get an apology, but everyone knows the truth.....its was just hard to hear at the time. We in a new era now.

You mean me stating that things that came to be true.....you are absolutely right. The discussion is laying it out, even the threads.

I wont get an apology, but everyone knows the truth.....its was hard to hear at the time.
I think everyone knew Brees would eventually have to retire. But you got banned for how you expressed yourself about the best qb in Saints history and sure-fire Hall of Famer, right?

I am so over this false narrative that I've seen repeated multiple times on this forum.....

As if winning 11 to 13 regular season games never happened against eventual playoff teams.

But OH OH OH, sorry Saints, the playoffs are here, now you'll completely forget how to move the ball. Because long pass reasons.

In 2017 and 2018, Brees had playoff wins ripped from him due to the untimely incompetence of others. 2019? I would say that game had more to do with Zimmer's pass rush scheme as opposed to "because long pass reasons". And it STILL went into Overtime. And in 2020......they had a 7 point lead in the 3rd quarter over a team they'd already defeated TWICE, which likely was about to go to 14 until.....once again....untimely incompetence courtesy of a fumble. So let's not pretend some switch magically got flipped every year in the playoffs and the Saints were automatically "figured out" come playoff time. We should have been good enough to win a title with Brees as recent as his final season, which obviously was his most injury-filled.
Let's pretend that Drew didn't throw 3 picks AFTER the fumble. Those picks allegedly were deep in the Saints own side of the field. I guess Payton never said we can't turn the ball over that many times, he just focused on the one fumble.

It's funny how you guys believe the deep ball is what caused those losses. I'm excited to see what JW can do for this team. The GB game told me nothing about JW except he's a good game manager. GB did not come to play that game one bit. Hopefully next week against Carolina I can see more of him. I do believe the Saints will win 10+ games this year, but Im not jumping the gun with Winston.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom