Give Jameis some time (1 Viewer)

I was all on team Tay-tay until that first preseason game he started back in 2018(?) where he turned the ball over FIVE times in one half...that alone showed me that he didn't have it.

Ever since then, I've been a reluctant acceptant of his swiss army knife capability, because I always looked at him almost exactly how I look at an actual swiss army knife: in a pinch, its a decent corkscrew, screw driver, nail pick, and pair of scissors, but an actual corkscrew, screwdriver, nail pick and pair of scissors do the job better.
I get this. My only thing is why does team Tay have to be mutually exclusive from team Jameis? I’m not saying you personally by the way. Too many Saints fans on this board have that Sith mentality when it comes to Saints players, if you’re not for player x, you’re against player x. Just because I feel Winston is a better QB doesn’t mean I think Hill sucks. Too many player fans on here.

Sorry, we'll have to disagree on that. With Winston's history of making bad decisions and throwing interceptions when he should eat the ball, him throwing THIS pass is a concern.

1632950143157.png
What if I told you I saw Brees doing the same thing? :unsure:

*edit*
LOL@getting a clown for bringing up facts...

Last edited:
And Brees in SD only threw for fewer than 15 interceptions once. Did you forget about him being benched for the corpse of Doug Flutie and finishing that year with 11 TDs and 15 Ints? But yeah, you mentioned

How can you frame an argument about Winston in a former offense but want to leave out Brees in his old offense. Offensive scheme matters as much as skill.

How about we let this season play out and where the chips fall, that's just where they fall but making presumptions based off bias and hindsight ain't the way to go.

I've talked plenty about Brees in his former offense. In 2004 he was the 3rd rated QB in the NFL and in 2005 he was the 10th rated QB in the NFL.

I am not going to start another thread about Winston, because 93% of all threads on page 1 are about him, but I thought it was an interesting observation.

Going into the offseason people said that if Hill was named QB he wouldn’t utilize Kamara enough. There was evidence showing that Hill didn’t throw to Kamara as much as Drew did (Hill to Kamara only happened 16 times in 4 starts last year), however Winston hasn’t exactly been lighting it up with Kamara either. Last year after 3 games Brees to Kamara happened 31 times. This year Winston to Kamara has only happened 14 times (through 3 games).

So for those scoring at home:
Brees to Kamara 10.3 targets/9 completions
Winston to Kamara 4.3 targets/ 3 completions
Hill to Kamara 4 targets/ 2.5 completions

So it seems the fears of some are still real, only they are being projected on the wrong player.

That’s not true, and you know it. That divide has been going on ever since Taysom has been one of the Saints backups. Even before Jameis got here.
This is true. People here started trashing Teddy and pumping up Hill during the 2018 preseason and really stepped it up during the 2019 preseason.

It is sad there are so many stereotypical haters that have been masquerading as Saints fans all these years.

Edited to add that Teddy is 3-0 in Denver with zero interceptions and one of the top yds per completion averages in the league.

I am not going to start another thread about Winston, because 93% of all threads on page 1 are about him, but I thought it was an interesting observation.

Going into the offseason people said that if Hill was named QB he wouldn’t utilize Kamara enough. There was evidence showing that Hill didn’t throw to Kamara as much as Drew did (Hill to Kamara only happened 16 times in 4 starts last year), however Winston hasn’t exactly been lighting it up with Kamara either. Last year after 3 games Brees to Kamara happened 31 times. This year Winston to Kamara has only happened 14 times (through 3 games).

So it seems the fears of some are still real, only they are being projected on the wrong player.
That may have been a small critique but the one that was most prominently argued was Hill's limits as a pocket passer. We are three games into the season and are 2-1. If you think that's an accurate prediction of what's going to happen over the next 15 weeks and 14 games that's on you, but his performance on the field will ultimately be the deciding factor as it was in camp and the preseason. The only thing that is wrong is this significant contingent of fans/posters rooting for Winston to fail (the ABJ group).

Well, considering AK is the only legitimate weapon, it’s not that hard for defenses to bracket him or whatever. Doesn’t AK have two receiving TDS though?

Well, considering AK is the only legitimate weapon, it’s not that hard for defenses to bracket him or whatever. Doesn’t AK have two receiving TDS though?
I thought that too (no other options), but then last season through 3 games, Brees options were Kamara, Cook, TQS, and Sanders. Perhaps those options took pressure off of Kamara. Perhaps we are looking downfield more than to the sidelines. Just an observation.

I thought that too (no other options), but then last season through 3 games, Brees options were Kamara, Cook, TQS, and Sanders. Perhaps those options took pressure off of Kamara. Perhaps we are looking downfield more than to the sidelines. Just an observation.
Ya think? How many threads about losing Sanders have been posted. Until the fumble, Cook was a more reliable target than what we have at TE now. TQS, meh.

Ya think? How many threads about losing Sanders have been posted. Until the fumble, Cook was a more reliable target than what we have at TE now. TQS, meh.
You’ll have to pardon me for missing out on all the Sanders threads, given the amount of Jameis threads (good, bad, indifferent), you would have thought I was on Jameisreport.com.

Calloway and Harris haven’t been bad this season, they have certainly built up enough of a report with JW that he trusts them with his passes. As bad as the oline and tight ends have played, I would have expected more quick passes to Kamara (bracketed or not).

That’s not true, and you know it. That divide has been going on ever since Taysom has been one of the Saints backups. Even before Jameis got here.

Yep, it works both ways. Remember that moronic thread where the Taysom fan said he would be the starter and then by some weird chance that he isn't there is no way he would go back to his former role? Just really bizarre....

Not sure this is really fair though, considering the small sample size and the actual lack of attempts. I think you need to consider the targets as a % of overall (and more games) to be meaningful.....too early IMO....

What if I told you I saw Brees doing the same thing? :unsure:

*edit*
LOL@getting a clown for bringing up facts...
If I saw Brees doing the same thing, I'd say it was a poor decision there as well.

When you saw Brees doing it, was it something that he had a long history of doing and something he was known for?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom