Giving the ball to Deuce today made a big difference (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think it helped us establish the LOS today. Reggie will continue to develop but we are a much better team with Deuce in the game.

I thought Reggie ran the ball better today, but you can't go wrong with either really. Our run blocking still needs a good about of work though.

Proud of Reggie in his limited action, but even MORE proud of Payton for shifting the offensive focus.

I agree with Fragmaster. I think Reggie is running the ball much better than Deuce these days. Outside the long run, Deuce really did not do an effective job running the football. I am still waiting for the game when Reggie can get 20 carries to see what he he can do.

I didn't get a chance to catch the game but I just saw the highlights and I must say that those Bush runs were great, he's definitely improving in the running game, after all he is a rookie, I believe he'll get going eventually....

As for Duece what great game for Duece punching in those TD's and getting those couple big runs.....I love when Duece breaks out he usually runs over a coupole guys and makes a guy miss.......

Did you see how well Reggie ran today? I seriously think today he could have averaged 7+ if they gave him the rock 20 times.

Fwiw, over the last three games Reggie has 4.4 YDS a carry while Deuce is avging 3.8. I like how we're giving Deuce the ball more, but I still think there's enough plays to give Reggie more than 5 carries.

I hope you're not serious

I was thinkthg the same thing. I do not think it is a question that when you pound deuce he gets his yards. I do agree that Reggie is getting better and better, but it is not even close. Deuce is by far our most consistent runner. Also before today, if I am right, Reggie has gotten more carries that Deuce.

I was thinkthg the same thing. I do not think it is a question that when you pound deuce he gets his yards. I do agree that Reggie is getting better and better, but it is not even close. Deuce is by far our most consistent runner. Also before today, if I am right, Reggie has gotten more carries that Deuce.

Deuce wears down defenses. He gets better as the game goes on and the defense tires. Deuce is the work horse this team needs to win games. Ideally Deuce runs 18-20 times, Reggie 8-10. Also when your playing an undersized defense Deuce can really make a difference, as we saw today.

Reggie only got more carries in a couple of games... the difference is closer than it needs to be. As far as Reggie's improvement, I'm glad to see that he's developing. Before we were giving him too many carries and watching him dance way too much, but his performance the last 3 games in limited action has earned him more carries if Payton chooses to go that route.

he should have gotten the ball more in the 3rd qtr.....i think we threw the ball something like 9 or 10 times out of the first 12 plays in the 3rd qtr. Fortunately we cam back to the run in the 4th.

he should have gotten the ball more in the 3rd qtr.....i think we threw the ball something like 9 or 10 times out of the first 12 plays in the 3rd qtr. Fortunately we cam back to the run in the 4th.

Deuce got the ball plenty in the 3rd quater. It just led to 3 and outs.

Deuce averaged 3.5 yards a carry..and thats with his long run to inflate that number. I get tired of seeing him fall down after the first hit everytime for a gain of 1. I'm not sure why he doesn't ever stand up and drive. Instead he always seems to just fall flat on his stomach. Maybe its caution for his knee, or hes just scared he'll fumble.

People need to get used to us throwing alot. We are not a power running team. We are not going to be one. We will be more inclined to throw short passes then run most of the time. Just the way it goes. I know its not "tough" to be a finesse offense, but thats what we are.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom