Giving up on the NFL. Change my mind. (1 Viewer)

Bleu Raeder

Tasty
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Well, this is certainly a first - for me to post two new threads in the SSF in the same day (or month, or year) but this whole thing has me doubting what I have believed for over 50 years.

I love our team, the guys, what they do for the community. I love what they appear to stand for. I love my fellow fans.

But is it all in vain? Is the stress and strain of unrequited outrage really a good thing? Is the product just that, a product subject to the whims of the stockholders and leadership? A sham designed to print money but whose recent faux pass' have shead light on the people behind the curtain having an interest in only one thing?

Lord knows it would be hard but I am ready to throw in the towel on the NFL. Is that wrong?

Well, this is certainly a first - for me to post two new threads in the SSF in the same day (or month, or year) but this whole thing has me doubting what I have believed for over 50 years.

I love our team, the guys, what they do for the community. I love what they appear to stand for. I love my fellow fans.

But is it all in vain? Is the stress and strain of unrequited outrage really a good thing? Is the product just that, a product subject to the whims of the stockholders and leadership? A sham designed to print money but whose recent faux pass' have shead light on the people behind the curtain having an interest in only one thing?

Lord knows it would be hard but I am ready to throw in the towel on the NFL. Is that wrong?

Today my question is the same.
How long has all this been influenced by the front office directly?
My gut says 2009 is a sham, everything in the Goodell era is a sham or at least attempted influence that occasionally failed to achieve the desired result.

Clinging to the last tendrils of faint hope that an acceptable resolution will occur but i know in my heart that will never happen and I must reconcile myself to life without the Saints.

OP, you're not wrong at all, and I think that's a warning that the Saints should heed. Their tepid response to what happened will cost them a lot of fans, I think. I've been a fan for 36 years, and if they don't stand up for themselves this time, I may be done.

Sometimes, just sometimes the game can be a thing of beauty
The blocked punt by Tyson, the turnovers to end the Steelers and Eagles game, the missed extra point by the Ravens kicker, Drew breaking the record, actually going to a game with the atmosphere, these to me have made memories l will never forget, after last Sunday l may never look at the game in quite the same way but god help me l do love it

I love the saints more than anything. I have probably spent half a million dollars over the last 30 years on traveling to games. I used to say I had no regrets. Now I do because the nfl will never give us a fair shake.

I already lost a good female friend this weekend because she told me to calm down because it was just a game. Any idiot that says that doesn't realize what being a saints fan is all about. I am proud to be a saints fan since it is about family, integrity, loyalty, perseverance, and flat out passion.

I simply can't support the nfl any longer. The maggot screwed us in bountygate and ever since. Cam Jordan was right. We're used to getting bad officiating but this was a whole new level. I FEEL STRONGLY THAT THIS GAME WAS RIGGED from the get go to get an LA team in the SB.

Because, especially next year, we need to show the players and team that we are behind them 100%. Do it for the Saints and not anything else. This team helps New Orleans more than most people probably realize. In order for the team to succeed it needs its fans, don't punish them for a corrupt NFL administration.

Good for you. I wish you well. Lots of good stuff to do on Sundays during the best weather of the year. I plan to have fun outings planned during games next season. It'll be a lot of fun and I can't wait.

Last edited:
I might have to take a step back and watch Saints games the way I watch two other teams play each other. Just sit back and hope for some good football and a good close game (entertainment). I just don't know if I can get as into it anymore. Probably once July comes around. I need a break.

Because, especially next year, we need to show the players and team that we are behind them 100%. Do it for the Saints and not anything else. This team helps New Orleans more than most people probably realize. In order for the team to succeed it needs its fans, don't punish them for a corrupt NFL administration.

The NFL and the Saints are parts of the same business.

A business that has lied to you to keep you spending money on their business.

If you go to Best Buy and purchase a brand new Xbox and the Best Buy CEO smashes your Xbox in your living room seconds before you plug it in, are you going to continue to support the local Best Buy?

The NFL and the Saints are parts of the same business.

A business that has lied to you to keep you spending money on their business.

If you go to Best Buy and purchase a brand new Xbox and the Best Buy CEO smashes your Xbox in your living room seconds before you plug it in, are you going to continue to support the local Best Buy?

I will always be a Saints fan and nothing is going to keep me from it. Also, I shop best buy religiously and have had issues in the past but will still shop there. I'm a pretty forgiving person, it helps me get by in life without too much stress.

With that non call, and them not rectifying the issue immediately, the NFL has pulled back the curtain on what it really is. A money machine for billionaires.

The milk has spoiled. The "product" has gone bad. The game I once loved is gone. Without integrity, what do you have?

ROFL. They won't even come out and acknowledge, or even apologize for it. They are acting like it never happened.

They are propping up a team that lost as the *"Super Bowl".

I will even say this: Had this happened to the Atlanta Falcons (a team that i have no love for at all), I would feel the exact same way.

I love the saints more than anything. I have probably spent half a million dollars over the last 30 years on traveling to games. I used to say I had no regrets. Now I do because the nfl will never give us a fair shake.

I already lost a good female friend this weekend because she told me to calm down because it was just a game. Any idiot that says that doesn't realize what being a saints fan is all about. I am proud to be a saints fan since it is about family, integrity, loyalty, perseverance, and flat out passion.

I simply can't support the nfl any longer. The maggot screwed us in bountygate and ever since. Cam Jordan was right. We're used to getting bad officiating but this was a whole new level. I FEEL STRONGLY THAT THIS GAME WAS RIGGED from the get go to get an LA team in the SB.

I am the last person to judge anyone on how they react and you have a right to yell as loud as you can and smash everything material thing you own. My only hope is that you get that friend back( especially a good one) because good friendships are a rare find.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom