Giving Vaccaro a Big Multi-Year Extension is the Type Move that Got Us in the Mess (1 Viewer)

vacarro is good but not great. offer him a modest contract based on his overall body of work and if he walks so be it.

Besides Breaux, Vaccaro has been our best defensive player this year and it hasn't been close. He's proving Loomis right

Vacarro is not the problem, probably one of the better safeties in the league with his skillset, a SS that can play nickle corner and box safety...they dont grow on trees.

Kenny V. is one of the only ones on D who actually shows up to play every Sunday

Watching roman harper out there last night compared to what KV does for us his skill set was deeply missed and its rare to find a SS that can play coverage like he can

Swimmer out of all the terrible personnel decisions this team has made over the last few years, your really going with K V? How long did you consider this one be honest....

letting him go would hurt us more than Jenkins.....Everyoone is still crying about that. KV is better as a saint than jenkins was...and Jenkins has been killing it since he left. We have to keep him. You cant let the talent you have walk. Maybe not give him a crazy high contract but you cant let him walk.

KV is a beast. He is no Byrd for sure. He isn't scared of contact.

He's no Sammy Knight. We need a playmaker.

I'll Pass.

Did you see how terrible our SS play was last night?

You keep KV if you can. And we absolutely can.

Do we give KV a $60 million, 5-year contract? imvho- Hell No!

Wait, so our only options are $60 million or no KV? Shoot... I thought we could negotiate. :rolleyes:

The bloated contracts have hurt us in the past, but so has "taking a swing" at free agents. Browner, Byrd, etc. So now you want to take a proven talent that has been developed into a member of the defense who contributes at a high level and let him hit the street so you can "take a swing" at saving some money by picking up an unknown or letting an unproven talent already on the roster take his spot. That's a huge gamble and leaves the risk of us ending up with a Brandon Browner or Corey White manning the SS spot. We need to try to maintain the proven talent we have. Granted, not at the expense of the rest of the team, but reasonable demands should be met.

This post seems a little ridiculous since it doesn't take into consideration any current demands or alternatives.

Are you saying you think the next starting SS is already on the team? Who are you replacing him with? Please tell me you have a plan before you decide to waive KV. Who said KV was demanding $60 mill? Would you take him for $55mill? How high would you be willing to go? Please elaborate.

An argument could me made that by NOT giving Jenkins a big multi year extension is also what got us into the Jairus Byrd mess. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't. But I think the lesson we learned that offseason is maybe we shouldn't take our good players for granted.

An argument could me made that by NOT giving Jenkins a big multi year extension is also what got us into the Jairus Byrd mess. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't. But I think the lesson we learned that offseason is maybe we shouldn't take our good players for granted.

I know a lot of people had their ups and downs with Jenkins, but I don't know many that outright wanted him cut. Harper had reached his limits with us, but I was all for keeping Jenkins, Vaccaro and Bush.

Byrd was supposed to be the prized free agent, so I don't blame them, but I definitely felt uneasy about letting Jenkins go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom