Glad We Didn't Sign Javon (1 Viewer)

He's a pretty good player. The raiders desperately need a playmaker at WR to go with Russell so I can understand them picking him up but I think they're crazy to give him such a contract. I think the Raider may take Mcfadden at #4 to have their offense set for the next 5 or so years.

I would have never considered the guy, he doesn't like to play second fiddle to anyone. He has a big EGO and must be the #1 WR in order to be happy. He's a head case and the perfect fit in the Raider's organization.

Dear God.

In other news, an amputee midget was paid by Al Davis $67 million for 2 years guarnateed to dress in a Darth Vader helmet to be the team mascot.

We are going to sign Colston for less money than that, you watch. Walker probably won't play 10 games and has less than 50 catches. What a JOKE. OH MY GOSH. More fodder for me to heckle my Raider diehard friend. He survived the Brooks era, hope he can make it through the "Cenile Old Owner Has Lost his Friggin Mind Era."

Yep, I'm glad we didn't sign him. I would be so mad if our unused cap space actually dropped below $30 million. :supporter:

That's a joke right? The fact that Walker is coming off an injury and even healthy isn't worth that money aside, you do realize we're likely already below $20 million if you take the rookie pool into account, and we haven't even touched Colston, Evans, and Smith's contracts yet, right?

First??? Where ya been?

_39073236_wotspam-bbcpython203.jpg

/ibetterdeclaresarcasm

Last edited:
That's a joke right? The fact that Walker is coming off an injury and even healthy isn't worth that money aside, you do realize we're likely already below $20 million if you take the rookie pool into account, and we haven't even touched Colston, Evans, and Smith's contracts yet, right?

What do you think the rookie pool will cost, pick by pick?

EDIT: and that's not a sarcastic retort, seriously asking?

Last edited:
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=113732

Raiders agreed to terms with Javon Walker on a six-year, $55 million contract, with $16 million guaranteed. He'll make $27 million in the first three years.

Al Davis has lost his mind. Even Walker's old coach Mike Shanahan said the receiver eventually needed microfracture surgery on his chronically sore knee. No one else was bidding for Walker, and many teams publicly denounced any interest. Walker gained 57 yards on seven catches in his last five games last year, and barely seemed able to run. Perhaps he'll recover, but Walker isn't worth Randy Moss money even when healthy. Like Moss' deal with Oakland, this one could end ugly. Mar. 4 - 10:34 pm et

Seems Al had a moment of lucidity when they signed Fargas, though. 4 mil per for nearly 100 yards a game rushing. They have a franchise youngster starting at QB for the least desirable team for FAs and coaches. I guess he had to get a WR, somehow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom