Glass (1 Viewer)

antipop

Phone's ringin', dude
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I always liked Unbreakable and i thought Split was pretty good too...

M. Night Shyamalan has a lot of duds in his collection...but i'll probably give this one a shot to see how he rounds out the story

View: https://youtu.be/aBL6COBGjCA

Unbreakable is easily my favorite M. Knight movie so I've been wanting a sequel for a while. And with Split he did a good job of continuing the comic book in real life story. Looking forward to this one.

Unbreakable is the only Shyamalan movie I've seen that I felt was any good (Sixth Sense and Signs both had dumb elements that i couldn't get past - while Lady in the Water and The Village were just outright stupid; watched about 30 minutes of After Earth before giving up on that train wreck). However, I really liked Unbreakable quite a lot, being a comic kid. I did not see Split, though I probably will since I'm a McAfee fan, especially since I'll need to before seeing this, because this one looks worth a look (but I admit some hesitation because of his track record).

Unbreakable is easily my favorite M. Knight movie so I've been wanting a sequel for a while. And with Split he did a good job of continuing the comic book in real life story. Looking forward to this one.

I thought I remember reading where M. Night stated that he wanted Kevin to appear in Unbreakable as well, but he couldn't make it work. That allowed Split to be in his back pocket to throw in at a later time.

I dare say this actually looks good.

Unbreakable is my favorite M. Night movie. and Split was really enjoyable and well made. I think M. Night had a few things happen to him: he by all accounts got a massive ego after his initial run of successes and thought he could do no wrong, I think being brought as low as he was may have humbled him somewhat I also think it is beneficial that he had to work with a budget on Split, which is similar to how things were earlier in his career. And I think also he may feel free of being the "What a twist!" guy now and can just tell the stories he wants.

I love a comeback story. Split was the first major step towards that (he did a low budget found footage horror movie called The Visit before Split that seemed to show he had something left. Not perfect by any means, but showed more effort than anything from Lady in the Water to After Earth), and I'd really love for him to really prove he's got something left. He's a talented filmmaker, but for a while there he couldn't get out of his own way and it really hurt him.

I dare say this actually looks good.

Unbreakable is my favorite M. Night movie. and Split was really enjoyable and well made. I think M. Night had a few things happen to him: he by all accounts got a massive ego after his initial run of successes and thought he could do no wrong, I think being brought as low as he was may have humbled him somewhat I also think it is beneficial that he had to work with a budget on Split, which is similar to how things were earlier in his career. And I think also he may feel free of being the "What a twist!" guy now and can just tell the stories he wants.

I love a comeback story. Split was the first major step towards that (he did a low budget found footage horror movie called The Visit before Split that seemed to show he had something left. Not perfect by any means, but showed more effort than anything from Lady in the Water to After Earth), and I'd really love for him to really prove he's got something left. He's a talented filmmaker, but for a while there he couldn't get out of his own way and it really hurt him.

i didn't realize he did The Visit...i actually liked that movie

Had to bump this. Loved Unbreakable. Finally saw Split about a month ago and really enjoyed it. McAvoy was great. Saw the newest Glass trailer before Aquaman. I'm pretty pumped for this flick.

Had to bump this. Loved Unbreakable. Finally saw Split about a month ago and really enjoyed it. McAvoy was great. Saw the newest Glass trailer before Aquaman. I'm pretty pumped for this flick.

Same here. I need to see Split though.

I highly recommend Split just for McAvoy's performance alone.

Agree completely. He really makes the film work. I am looking forward to Glass.

Lady in the Water is up there with the worst of them. Just awful. Not even in a funny way. Just bad. I never saw the Happening but it looks pretty terrible as well.

Unbreakable is the only Shyamalan movie I've seen that I felt was any good (Sixth Sense and Signs both had dumb elements that i couldn't get past - while Lady in the Water and The Village were just outright stupid; watched about 30 minutes of After Earth before giving up on that train wreck). However, I really liked Unbreakable quite a lot, being a comic kid. I did not see Split, though I probably will since I'm a McAfee fan, especially since I'll need to before seeing this, because this one looks worth a look (but I admit some hesitation because of his track record).

How big of a fan of McAvoy are you really?:confused:

Watching Split now so I can be all caught up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom