Saints Glazer on Payton with link (1 Viewer)

Thunderchild

Flock Up!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There is a lot of misinformation out there about what Glazer had to say, especially the tweet by @fantasygregory (who?). So, I just listened to Glazer (so can everyone here, link below) but Glazer did not say what that guy is reporting.

When asked about Cowboy coaching and how Payton fit into it, Glazer said:

"Sean (Payton) changes his mind every two seconds. We talk about it a lot. It's why I haven't reported anything because he changes his mind like every two minutes," Glazer said.

“But that’s also why I said two weeks ago on FOX NFL Sunday during the coaching carousel was that there could be a coach or two step away just because of these last two years of COVID, it’s taken its toll on people.”

The conclusions that that @fantasygregory guy came to were his own interpretation and an extrapolation of Glazer's remarks. Not what he actually said.

Y'all can listen for yourselves. Glazer is on at about the 3:46 mark, here:

That article is just such bs. Glazer never said anything about Sean considering retirement. The author put words in Glazers mouth. Even the parts he accurately quoted don’t mention it.

Geez, dude. Go listen for yourself. Glazer didn't say that and I put the link to his actual interview right there so people wouldn't continue to post media nonsense.

I hope CSP stays, but if he thinks he’s done, and doesn’t want to be here, then he should leave.

He’s the best coach the Saints have ever had… and like Drew Brees, I’ll always appreciate him for that.

…but if he takes a year off and then returns and coaches the Cowboys (or any other team), then I’m going to root against him. That’s just the way it works for me.

Geez, dude. Go listen for yourself. Glazer didn't say that and I put the link to his actual interview right there so people wouldn't continue to post media nonsense.
If the nonsense upsets you that much why not just leave the Payton threads alone? Is this not a Saints football board? I’m so confused by folks getting upset about the speculation. Lol man.

I hope CSP stays, but if he thinks he’s done, and doesn’t want to be here, then he should leave.

He’s the best coach the Saints have ever had… and like Drew Brees, I’ll always appreciate him for that.

…but if he takes a year off and then returns and coaches the Cowboys (or any other team), then I’m going to root against him. That’s just the way it works for me.
Be careful continuing to discuss this on the SSF. 😂

Be careful continuing to discuss this on the SSF. 😂
I know, but it’s an inevitability that CSP will leave as HC someday in the relatively near future… I hope he retires from coaching from the Saints and never coaches another team… but he might.

I just don’t want to see Loomis leave at the same time! Loomis was part of the team that hired CSP, so he’s super important if Payton leaves.
I trust Loomis to find the right guy.

I have no speculation about any of this
But I do have to imagine that not knowing who your QB will be must be taxing for SP
This is what confuses the hell out of me when they gave Taysom that contract. Maybe I’m not fully understanding it completely, but they committed to him for some strange reason. And if that had something to do with Sean’s love affair for him and then he decides to bail, I’ll be highly annoyed

So NOW can we stop with the nonsense about this all being made up? Or do people still want to claim it’s all hype?

He’s thinking about a lot of options. He changes his mind every two seconds. Personally, I still believe there’s a better than 50/50 chance he comes back. But hopefully people will stop pretending this is all made up.

I know, but it’s an inevitability that CSP will leave as HC someday in the relatively near future… I hope he retires from coaching from the Saints and never coaches another team… but he might.

I just don’t want to see Loomis leave at the same time! Loomis was part of the team that hired CSP, so he’s super important if Payton leaves.
I trust Loomis to find the right guy.
I agree. Hopefully it’s not anytime soon tho.
So NOW can we stop with the nonsense about this all being made up? Or do people still want to claim it’s all hype?

He’s thinking about a lot of options. He changes his mind every two seconds. Personally, I still believe there’s a better than 50/50 chance he comes back. But hopefully people will stop pretending this is all made up.
Nope, still appears that some folks believe it’s all made up. Lol to each their own.

Very good listen. When asked directly about Sean considering moving on, he refuses to commit and goes with the every 2 seconds comment again.

In the manner in which this thread is intended, people should hear what he has to say here as well. He does not change his thoughts from the other interview but phrases some things differently.

Good listen. Thanks for posting.

Well said

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom