Saints Glazer on Payton with link (1 Viewer)

Did I say you had to be one? Fwiw, I blame the media more than anyone talking here. But at the same time, we need to pay attention to what they're actually saying. In this case, it looks and smells like not much more than speculation. Take it from a former journalist. :hihi:
Thanks for the explanation. I haven’t read all the threads and post regarding SP right now, but wouldn’t you have to label it more than speculation? I’d love for you to be right but with Mrs B and Glazier it definitely seems there’s something to it. More specifically, do you have any thoughts on their comments?

Mike Detillier on WWL 870 radio said earlier that Payton is possibly wanting a guarantee from the front office that they will go all out on trying to acquire a top tier veteran QB.
Don’t really buy that. Payton has full control over all of this and Mrs B has never hesitated to spend whatever it takes.

I don’t see Mickey refusing to trade picks or Khai refusing to work the cap.

I think it’s as simple as this year was awful and he stopped enjoying it and needed to get away. Hopefully he decides to stay and not take a longer leave that takes him out of NOLA.

Did I say you had to be one? Fwiw, I blame the media more than anyone talking here. But at the same time, we need to pay attention to what they're actually saying. In this case, it looks and smells like not much more than speculation. Take it from a former journalist. :hihi:
Blaming the media for reporting the truth?

Unless you think Mrs Benson and Jay Glazer are both flat out lying, the media aren’t doing anything except relaying information about the most important person in the Saints organization.

Thanks for the explanation. I haven’t read all the threads and post regarding SP right now, but wouldn’t you have to label it more than speculation? I’d love for you to be right but with Mrs B and Glazier it definitely seems there’s something to it. More specifically, do you have any thoughts on their comments?
Jmho - Mrs. Benson was essentially being respectful and humoring a reporter who asked a question and her response was essentially no one know what Payton is thinking, but we'll find out soon enough. Basically nothing to see here.

Glazer states that Payton is flip flopping and can't make up his mind, which to me simply means he's considering all his options. Not particularly alarming after a coach's 15th season, and one of the toughest of his illustrious career.

I mean, like I said in another post, this is essentially what Brees did after his last 2-3 seasons before he retired. Considering all options at this point isn't surprising or unexpected.

And he may end up retiring, but that would be somewhat surprising. You never know though.

I absolutely don't think he's trying to bolt for another team. Not sure why he'd want to do that at this point in his career.

Blaming the media for reporting the truth?

Unless you think Mrs Benson and Jay Glazer are both flat out lying, the media aren’t doing anything except relaying information about the most important person in the Saints organization.
Lmao, you do you.

It's just a classic mountain out of a molehill reporting. That's how I see it.

I find it odd no players have commented. It seems odd that if he was retiring, there would be a few tweets from players.

I find it odd no players have commented. It seems odd that if he was retiring, there would be a few tweets from players.
I think he genuinely doesn’t know. He’s wrestling with it. Like Glazer said, changes his mind on it over and over. So I doubt he’s told anyone either way because he doesn’t even know.

I think he genuinely doesn’t know. He’s wrestling with it. Like Glazer said, changes his mind on it over and over. So I doubt he’s told anyone either way because he doesn’t even know.
Yep, and I think that's perfectly fine and human. Hopefully he's just reassessing and will come back refreshed after his well-deserved vacation.

I hope CSP stays, but if he thinks he’s done, and doesn’t want to be here, then he should leave.

He’s the best coach the Saints have ever had… and like Drew Brees, I’ll always appreciate him for that.

…but if he takes a year off and then returns and coaches the Cowboys (or any other team), then I’m going to root against him. That’s just the way it works for me.
Agreed. I just think he needs to make his mind up sooner or later. The Saints believe it or not is an attractive head coaching position and we are set up a lot better than most teams out there. We are a QB, WR, and TE away from competing for a Super Bowl. But like you said if he doesn't want to be here then leave, but if you come back to coach another team to me that is messed up to me. For the record I want a 1st round pick as compensation to anyone inquiring or you can kick rocks.

Well I was hoping all this was just idle speculation.

SP has always struck me as an NFL lifer. He just lives the game 24/7. I have a hard time thinking he will retire.

I hope he comes back. To lose Brees and SP at more or less the same time would be a huge blow.

Agreed. I just think he needs to make his mind up sooner or later. The Saints believe it or not is an attractive head coaching position and we are set up a lot better than most teams out there. We are a QB, WR, and TE away from competing for a Super Bowl. But like you said if he doesn't want to be here then leave, but if you come back to coach another team to me that is messed up to me. For the record I want a 1st round pick as compensation to anyone inquiring or you can kick rocks.
The playoffs haven't even finished yet, and apparently is just getting back from vacation. Let's give him a chance to figure out what he wants to do. For all we know, he may already know and is just waiting to meet with Gayle and the team before announcing it to the world.

I know the coaching carousel is an issue, but I'm sure he realizes that. He should do what he's gotta do.

My opinion is that Sean Paytons legacy isn't sealed until he replaces Drew Brees and fields a good team. That shows that it wasnt the player it was the coaching!!

I have no speculation about any of this
But I do have to imagine that not knowing who your QB will be must be taxing for SP
I actually think, it is a key facet of why he MAY be thinking of walking away and into the booth. Another is, according to other notions floating around in social media, he is being targeted as the replacement for Aikman, as Aikman is supposed to be Amazon’s top guy for their Thursday night football games. All that being said, he may have to abruptly resign because the Amazon Thursday night games start in 2022. I get the fact it could be where he has to make the decision, or they will go after someone else such as maybe Brady, or Rodgers. There are so many dynamics in play behind the scenes, I have zero clue on how this may end up.

And if Sean told Loomis, “I need you to sign me a proven QB, or I am out”, and Loomis commits to Sean he will, Sean may be staying. I do believe that will be a key factor, in Sean’s decision as well.

Stay tuned. Lots more to this story coming up, for sure. What an off season, after an off regular season. 😂

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom