Glazer: Payton advises son to draft Mike Bell in fantasy league (1 Viewer)

he said it on some audio that chad priobably posted...I immediately picked him up when I heard it lol.

This thread is hilarious, its like Bell is PT and PT is Reggie Bush.....now all of a sudden PT has all these flaws, and we are arguing about 2 backs who have nover rused for more than 700yrds in a season....I think PT is a more complete back, he can rush and receive, I think Bell showed up against the Lions and has something to contribute but I still feel PT and Bell will be worked in together, I don't see one getting more of an opportunity than the other unless one gets injured.

I hope these guys push each other with big games every week and this discussion continues all season long. It could only mean our running game is in high gear.:ezbill:

Bell and PT will split carries while Reggie does his thing. Payton has said this already.

no 1,000 yard rusher on our team this season. Bell probably has the best shot at it

Am I the only one who's uncomfortable that the Coach is now emotionally invested in Mike Bell? Splitting hairs to be sure, but I don't like the idea that the Coach's personnel decisions may screw up his kid's fantasy league team.

He axed his friend the DC for the good of the team. So yes, you're the only one.

Pierre Thomas has had a grand total of two 100 yard rushing games in his career. Mike Bell has already matched PT's personal record for 100 yard games in a season......after the first game. Now I am not saying I like one over the other. I will take who ever is going to give us the best chances to win....but blind loyalty will get this team nowhere. Trust the coaches to put the best back for the play in the game.

DETROIT LIONS

PT's first start came against the Bears of which he had over 100 rushing AND receiving WHICH had never been done before by a Saints player.

Hmm, lets see. 150 yards against a team with 17 straight losses or 100 yards rushing AND receiving against a well respected Defense (a defense 10x better than what Bell faced).

PT's 1st game BY FAR is >>>> Bell's 1st game

[EDIT] And forogt to add. PT = 1td to Bell's 0 TD in 1st games.

seriously i could care less who is running the ball as long as the saints are winning football games and go deep in to the playoffs and bring new orleans a super bowl

Here comes a rant...... sorry.

I drafted Bell because if you watched him closely in Denver, you saw that he has what it takes to be a successful back in the NFL. He has great vision, instinct, and he spends very little time in the backfield after getting the ball. They moved him to full back in Denver for 2 reasons. Shanny has let go of every back he has had with potential because of pure arrogance and Travis Henry became available and him name alone got him a starting job (How did that work out for you shanny?). Ask any Denver fan, they loved Mike! The Bell with the fumble problems was Tatum Bell not Mike. Check the stats... Mike Bell has had 3 fumbles in his career. He's not perfect, but he's a hard worker and a humble guy. I just hope the saints give him an honest chance.

Wow, again and again.

When PT is fully, and I mean fully healthy, he will get his carries again. So will Mike Bell. And Reggie will get his touches rushing and receiving.

This team is not going to have a 300 carry runningback, so everyone needs to just get used to it. Payton will get both involved in the game and will feed whichever is feeling it. As the season goes on one may overtake the other in terms of percentage of carries based on performance, but neither one is going to be relegated to the bench while the other becomes the feature back.

As for who is better, thats a debate that no one is going to win based on the players' bodies of work. Bell has shown flashes and he's also gotten fat, lazy, and cut from two different teams. He looks like he has his act together.

PT has always worked hard, he's consistent, he runs with authority, and he is the ultimate team player.

They both have strengths and they certainly both have weaknesses, so lets just leave it to SP to maximize the former and minimize the latter..

Great Post! :9:

They will all play. Its a long season. Ive said it before: as long as the run game can give us that long needed balance we've been looking for, Im not worried about who the RB is!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom