Glazer: Payton advises son to draft Mike Bell in fantasy league (1 Viewer)

I just go by what I see. It has nothing to do with a players past or any feelings I have about certain players. What I see in Thomas is a guy who lacks explosiveness in small areas. He is very solid in most aspects of the game, but he needs alot of room in order to get to his top speed. He lacks acceleration and explosion. Bell can accelerate and change direction much faster than Pierre and he is better at reading his blocks. and making the explosive cuts to move the ball down the field. I just see Bell running away with the job. From what I see, Hes just better runner.

I agree Bell is a more explosive runner than Pierre, is waaay more consistent than Bush, and is able to make something out of nothing by finding a hole that only he could find and hit quick enough with his speed and vision. Bell also doesn't get many negative rushes.

Pierre would not have rushed for 150 last week I can tell you that. Didnt he go up against the 0-16 lions team last year and finish under 100 yards. He also fumbled in that game.

Didn't Pierre also get 100 yards rushing and 100 yards receiving against a tough Bears defense?

Reading the Mike Bell story (cool story btw) and the resulting Bell love at the expense of Thomas is very similar to the Thomas love at the expense of Reggie. I'm reminded of the old joke about women at the man store, and how they are never satisfied...

Am I the only one who's uncomfortable that the Coach is now emotionally invested in Mike Bell? Splitting hairs to be sure, but I don't like the idea that the Coach's personnel decisions may screw up his kid's fantasy league team.

Am I the only one who's uncomfortable that the Coach is now emotionally invested in Mike Bell? Splitting hairs to be sure, but I don't like the idea that the Coach's personnel decisions may screw up his kid's fantasy league team.

You've got to be kidding me.

Coach is professional and has a long history of making decisions that are in the best interest to his team. There is absolutely no chance that his kids FF team even crosses his mind when hes calling plays.

Mike Bell was switched to Fullback after a great rookie season in Denver, that was the start to his problems. The Texans did not give him a chance/ I still think that PT can be a major contributor in the Saints offense.

when is the last time, pierre rushed for about 150 yards ?

get over it, bell is the best runner on our current roster.

Pierre Thomas had 100 yards rushing and 100 receiving in one game against the Bears. My people this board have short memories. I like Bell and all and I believe he is our next power but he has a ways to go proving he can do what he can do on stronger defenses.

Pierre Thomas had 100 yards rushing and 100 receiving in one game against the Bears. My people this board have short memories. I like Bell and all and I believe he is our next power but he has a ways to go proving he can do what he can do on stronger defenses.

Pierre Thomas has had a grand total of two 100 yard rushing games in his career. Mike Bell has already matched PT's personal record for 100 yard games in a season......after the first game. Now I am not saying I like one over the other. I will take who ever is going to give us the best chances to win....but blind loyalty will get this team nowhere. Trust the coaches to put the best back for the play in the game.

Bell is the difference in this offense if he can stay healthy. PT may be trying to come back too soon because he sees his starting job slipping away. Bush was not smiling this game, either. Just started watching the Detroit game again, and even before the fumbles Bush looked depressed.
Now if only we could get some stellar competition for Grant and Smith.
Bell is the missing piece of the third and short and time of possession puzzle. I told my brother in law to pick him up in FF before Detroit. Hopefully he heeded my advice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom