Glazer: Saints view Taysom as franchise QB. But will welcome back Brees. (Now with video) (1 Viewer)

Wow. Franchise QB's are hard to find. We have had one legit franchise QB in team history and now we have two on the roster. Three if you listen to some. And, for some reason, I bet we draft another one this year.

Taysom's style of play leaves him at a very high risk of getting injured. They better find a legit back-up if he's gonna be our starter.

Wow. Franchise QB's are hard to find. We have had one legit franchise QB in team history and now we have two on the roster. Three if you listen to some. And, for some reason, I bet we draft another one this year.
As another poster has said, SP doesn't necessarily have the best track record with grooming rookie QBs, unless you count Romo. I think a lot of smoke is being blown right now, and the only thing that makes sense right now is Drew coming back.

This is splash reporting IMHO. Love Taysom for spark, heart and versatility. But SP needs a pocket QB who can make the calls at the line, read defenses, and make it to the fourth receiver in the progression. Not saying T Hill can’t learn to do that, but he can’t right now. And that means you enter a rebuild if you give him the keys. This roster ain’t built for a rebuild. It’s true he might be a franchise QB, but not right now.

We should when they’ve only competed 6 of them.

And how many of those passes were of the "conventional" type rather than boom-or-bust trick plays?

Also, due to the limited sample size, that single INT he threw in 2018 makes it extremely difficult to have a good passer rating with only 13 attempts.

idk if im alone in this feeling but im actually very excited for this offseason/next season. I mean we have Drew Brees who is great and ill take him in a heartbeat. Then we have Taysom who has when in games looked very very special and definately has an it factor to him and we might get the opportunity to see what he can showcase as a fulltime qb, or we also have a couple very good qbs in the draft that reports are saying we may go after one of them. Whatver happens i believe in Sean, Mickey, and Ireland and cant wait!

Taysom is going on year three in this offensive system and is a big part of this team and if you hand him the reigns and with Paytons coaching and creativity think you can a 10-6 to 11-5 team with him at the helm in his first year as a starting QB.

At 29yrs old (soon to be 30) he could have that Kurt Warner type of career or Steve Young who spent time in the USFL then Bucs before landing with the 49ers (27-28yrs old) and in the right situation turned in a stellar career, we may see that with Hill who has a proven track record as a passer at BYU.

This is splash reporting IMHO. Love Taysom for spark, heart and versatility. But SP needs a pocket QB who can make the calls at the line, read defenses, and make it to the fourth receiver in the progression. Not saying T Hill can’t learn to do that, but he can’t right now. And that means you enter a rebuild if you give him the keys. This roster ain’t built for a rebuild. It’s true he might be a franchise QB, but not right now.

Why does he "need" this? Because Drew Brees just so happened to be one?

We don't truly know what SP "needs." IMO, he's a smart coach that will adapt and tailor his offense to his personnel's strengths.

Here is what Jay Glazer said today (January 27) on The Herd about Drew, on video:

Conversation about Drew starts at 2:19

Basically it is two things:

- It all depends on Drew. Sean Payton has said that if he wants back, Drew will be the quarterback for 2020.

- The Saints have their quarterback of the future in-house, and that is Taysom Hill.

Thanks for posting. That cleared up a lot. Out of all the football insiders, Glazer is the best. This offseason won't be boring.

Why is it so hard for some people to understand that Teddy will likely cost more than we will spend on him?( all speculative) Im just saying that its far more likely that Taysom is on the roster than Teddy next year. Of course Sean is going to talk him up a bit. I personally think a Taysom led team could win 10 games easily. Ground and pound.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom