Glazer: Saints view Taysom as franchise QB. But will welcome back Brees. (Now with video) (1 Viewer)

Maybe you are right but you may also be wrong. Can one of you explain "Nicely" why Taysom succeeding at QB offends you so much,

The reason the whole Taysom cult is obnoxious is because its followers are largely disingenuous. IE:

- We have thousands of snaps by which we can judge Taysom's ability as a passer. And yet the Taysom people only want to focus on the 80 or so snaps in the 4th quarters of preseason against guys who are out of the league and selling Daiquiris on Bourbon Street currently.

- Saying things like "Taysom's longest pass is 57 and Teddy's is 47", conveniently ignoring that Teddy threw a ball 60 yards, hit his WR in stride, and his WR dropped it. While this argument doesn't even matter, it's a good demonstration of the intellectual dishonesty of some of the Taysom fans. Saying "Taysom's longest pass is 57 and Teddy's is 47" is demonstrably dishonest and false.

- Attempting to gaslight posters who don't buy the Taysom Hype. You, on your other account, tried to act like I'm some kind of Mormon hater because I don't think Taysom is a future pro bowl QB. ? ?

- The majority of the really ardent Taysom defenders are very, very recently-joined accounts with a very low post count. A lot of us aren't even sure if you're actual Saints fans, or Taysom fans. I'm pretty sure a large subsection of them are the same person (you).

- The constant tearing down of other players (Teddy and Drew) to boost your guy.

It's not Taysom. We like him. It's the behavior of a large swath of his supporters.

I believe he helped Quincy Carter have a career year before the nose candy got the best of him.
:unsure: Let's just let that sink. Quick question: how many QBs have the Saints drafted since 05?

I believe he helped Quincy Carter have a career year before the nose candy got the best of him.

Is that the year where he played 3 games, threw 3 touchdown passes and only one int? That is a career year for him since he threw more INTs than TDs every other year but that’s too small of a sample size.

Is that the year where he played 3 games, threw 3 touchdown passes and only one int? That is a career year for him since he threw more INTs than TDs every other year but that’s too small of a sample size.
2003 season. Not saying Quincy Carter was great, but 2003 was a huge jump from what he was doing prior

:unsure: Let's just let that sink. Quick question: how many QBs have the Saints drafted since 05?
Well, I’m not saying that SP is a QB guru by any means. But he did help Quincy Carter become a better QB and he did help Tony Romo become a quality starting QB. Plus, he helped take Drew’s play to a God like level. To go further, he possibly just resurrected Teddy’s career. He deserves at least some credit.
And in regards to your question, why draft a QB when you have Drew freaking Brees? I said it myself that drafting Garrett Grayson was stupid and unnecessary.

I'm amazed at the number of people on social media outraged that 5-0 Teddy (seemingly) isn't getting handed over the reins. It's like people don't actually watch the games. They just see back-up QB + 5-0 = he must be great.

I couldn't agree more. Really can't wait to see this play out. Teddy Bridgewater might be a real nice guy, the team may like him, but that doesn't change the fact that when he has played (Vikings and Saints) he has been a game manager. I just don't see anything special about him.

I couldn't agree more. Really can't wait to see this play out. Teddy Bridgewater might be a real nice guy, the team may like him, but that doesn't change the fact that when he has played (Vikings and Saints) he has been a game manager. I just don't see anything special about him.
Too bad we haven't seen TH even do that in a regular season game.

Well, I’m not saying that SP is a QB guru by any means. But he did help Quincy Carter become a better QB and he did help Tony Romo become a quality starting QB. Plus, he helped take Drew’s play to a God like level. To go further, he possibly just resurrected Teddy’s career. He deserves at least some credit.
And in regards to your question, why draft a QB when you have Drew freaking Brees? I said it myself that drafting Garrett Grayson was stupid and unnecessary.
Those are valid points but I think a lot pepole think SP is great QB coach that can find a diamond in the rough but he has yet to do that.

Taysom is a great gadget player but I’m still skeptical if he can make the leap to full time QB. I mean If Payton sees it and believes it that’s good enough for me. Maybe he is the second coming of Steve Young. But it’s a big leap from doing what he does now to being under center full time.
I am not so skeptical. I know that Sean loves him some Hill. I get debated over this a lot with friends, but I've seen enough to make me believe that Taysom can be very good starting QB. But yes, there are questions.

I don't care what he didn't do 7 or 8 years ago (whatever) at BYU, that he is going to be 30 when the season starts, or that he hasn't done much aside from a couple of preseason games vs scrubs... All of the little things that I have seen in his growth since he got here under Payton and Drew tell me that he is at least deserving of a shot! The ceiling with that guy is very high, IMO.

We know about his abilities otherwise, but he doesn't have accuracy issues, and for me that is a huge plus right off the bat. He can make all of the throws. He is fearless and decisive! I like that, too. So it's all about the mental part as far as making reads, pocket awareness, and his decision making. Those are understandably questions and concerns that we just don't know the answers to, and won't know until he gets his shot. SP has a better idea concerning where Hill stands in mental aspects than any of us do. So, to simply scoff at the notion that Taysom may be SP's QB of the future, and that SP is playing games with his statements regarding Hill... well... I wouldn't simply disregard them. I seriously doubt that SP would play with Taysom's emotions like that just to up his value. Not unless Hill is in on it.

One thing is certain, if Hill does get his chance to QB the Saints when Brees retires, it sure won't be boring.

What would you need to see that you didn’t see this year in Pre-season or regular season to make you believe he is? If he wasn’t a gadget player this year then everyone would be talking about how great he threw it this year.

I think he attempted 6 passes this year. We’ve seen him more often running the ball or playing WR/TE. I’m not saying he can’t play QB at the NFL level but I think it is a bit of a question mark. Part of his success is that, as hybrid player, whenever he comes into the game he keeps the defense off balance. They don’t know what to expect. What happens when he isn’t just the gadget, hybrid guy but a full time QB? Can he read defenses well enough to be successful? Or go through his progressions? I certainly don’t doubt his physical ability. My questions are mostly if he can manage the mental aspects of the position and if he can still be the special player he is now as the full time QB.

I know some of this is just game experience and there will be rough moments for any new QB. I would also expect Payton would tailor the offense to fit Hill’s skill set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom