Glazer: Saints view Taysom as franchise QB. But will welcome back Brees. (Now with video) (1 Viewer)

The reason the whole Taysom cult is obnoxious is because its followers are largely disingenuous. IE:

- We have thousands of snaps by which we can judge Taysom's ability as a passer. And yet the Taysom people only want to focus on the 80 or so snaps in the 4th quarters of preseason against guys who are out of the league and selling Daiquiris on Bourbon Street currently.

- Saying things like "Taysom's longest pass is 57 and Teddy's is 47", conveniently ignoring that Teddy threw a ball 60 yards, hit his WR in stride, and his WR dropped it. While this argument doesn't even matter, it's a good demonstration of the intellectual dishonesty of some of the Taysom fans. Saying "Taysom's longest pass is 57 and Teddy's is 47" is demonstrably dishonest and false.

- The constant tearing down of other players (Teddy and Drew) to boost your guy.

It's not Taysom. We like him. It's the behavior of a large swath of his supporters.

I have no idea what you are talking about for most of your post. When did Bridgwater throw a pass 60 yards? I looked at all his passes and he had one of 47 yards and in his entire NFL career he has thrown exactly 2 passes that flew 40 yards or more . If you can find a pass that was caught but called back on a penalty I'll add it but not one that is incomplete. No-one gets to pad their stats with incomplete passes. Interestingly if you knew Teddy better you might have remembered the pre season game below where he completed a 53 yarder in stride. Brilliant pass, maybe the best of his time in the NFL.

Of course if that had been a Taysom pass you would be reminding me that he was playing against guys who will be warming Bar Stools after preseason.

I'm only responding to those that have tried to dismiss Taysom's bomb to Harris for some perceived flaw. I proved to myself that his velocity on that throw was better than average for the NFL so it wasn't a floater. I also reviewed almost every long throw for 2019 and the majority of catches past 50 yards had the receiver slowing down, stopping or even running back to the catch. The punt style catch is ubiquitous and the deepest passes were almost always jump Ball Hail Marys in a sea of defenders.

The same people that need to nit pic Tayson also seem to trumpet that he will never be an NFL QB and who then say Teddy is the better QB and is obviously an NFL starter. Maybe he is.

What I have not seen is evidence from Teddy's game play for the Saints and especially any actual evidence from his supporters to convince me. Maybe I'm silly for reviewing video and charting stats for myself but that is how I learn about the game. I also learn alot from other more knowledgeable posters who provide analysis and not just bold opinions without evidence.

Here is the sum total of TB's NFL deep passes. This is every pass that gained more than 40 yards including the run after catch. Six passes. It is also his longest throws.

1580200298183.png

Longest NFL Career Throw (regular season or post season)

45 Yards to Ginn notice Ginn slowing up to wait for the ball.

Teddy's best ever NFL (pre season) Bomb. Really nice pass no argument from me

Last edited:
I have no idea what you are talking about for most of your post. When did Bridgwater throw a pass 60 yards? I looked at all his passes and he had one of 47 yards and in his entire NFL career he has thrown exactly 2 passes that flew 40 yards or more . If you can find a pass that was caught but called back on a penalty I'll add it but not one that is incomplete. No-one gets to pad their stats with incomplete passes. Interestingly if you knew Teddy better you might have remembered the pre season game below where he completed a 53 yarder in stride. Brilliant pass, maybe the best of his time in the NFL.

Of course if that had been a Taysom pass you would be reminding me that he was playing against guys who will be warming Bar Stools after preseason.

I'm only responding to those that have tried to dismiss Taysom's bomb to Harris for some perceived flaw. I proved to myself that his velocity on that throw was better than average for the NFL so it wasn't a floater. I also reviewed almost every long throw for 2019 and the majority of catches past 50 yards had the receiver slowing down, stopping or even running back to the catch. The punt style catch is ubiquitous and the deepest passes where almost always jump Ball Hail Marys in a sea of defenders.

The same people that need to nit pic Tayson also seem to trumpet that he will never be an NFL QB and who then say Teddy is the better QB and is obviously an NFL starter. Maybe he is.

What I have not seen is evidence from Teddy's game play for the Saints and especially any actual evidence from his supporters to convince me. Maybe I'm silly for reviewing video and charting stats for myself but that is how I learn about the game. I also learn alot from other more knowledgeable posters who provide analysis and not just bold opinions without evidence.

Here is the sum total of TB's NFL deep passes. This is every pass that gained more than 40 yards including the run after catch. Six passes. It is also his longest throws.

1580200298183.png

Longest NFL Career Throw (regular season or post season)

45 Yards to Ginn notice Ginn slowing up to wait for the ball.

Teddy's best ever NFL (pre season) Bomb. Really nice pass no argument from me

This hits the receiver in stride after 60 yards in the air at the back of the end zone. He didn't catch it, but that does not have anything to do with the pass itself, which was an amazing thing of beauty.

This hits the receiver in stride after 60 yards in the air at the back of the end zone. He didn't catch it, but that does not have anything to do with the pass itself, which was an amazing thing of beauty.

6 paragraphs ruined in a 100 word post.. savage

I don't know how this turned into a arm strength discussion but It's not the critical aspect of a successful QB. Yes being able to take top off a D is important but being accurate is just as important. Ryan Leaf had a stronger arm than Peyton but we know how that turned out. Just because TH threw a bomb, that was under thrown, does not mean he will be a good QB. T

I don't know how this turned into a arm strength discussion but It's not the critical aspect of a successful QB. Yes being able to take top off a D is important but being accurate is just as important. Ryan Leaf had a stronger arm than Peyton but we know how that turned out. Just because TH threw a bomb, that was under thrown, does not mean he will be a good QB. T

It was more because Mental Floss asked why the Taysom cultists catch grief. I was explaining that the majority of them are brand new, registered in January posters who are intellectually dishonest. The "longest pass" argument was just an example of said dishonesty. It absolutely doesn't matter at all. Taysom has good arm strength. Teddy has good arm strength. It's not an issue for either of them.

It was more because Mental Floss asked why the Taysom cultists catch grief. I was explaining that the majority of them are brand new, registered in January posters who are intellectually dishonest. The "longest pass" argument was just an example of said dishonesty. It absolutely doesn't matter at all. Taysom has good arm strength. Teddy has good arm strength. It's not an issue for either of them.
"Taysom cultists" LOL, you're right about most of them being new posters.

I will say this about the taysom pass to Harris. I dont think it was under thrown as much as it was late. He had some pressure had to slide and didnt get it out right as harris made the break inside.

That could be an anticipation thing or the pressure screwed up timing. But I dont know that it was an arm strength thing.

But like others have said arm strength ain't the end all be all. After all jamarcus russel could hit the moon, but not a reciever.

I’d be interested seeing Taysom as starter. I just really hope this whole process doesn’t run Teddy out. We have pieces that can keep this team playoff competitive, but those pieces can choose to walk if... you know...

I stand corrected Teddy is the world's greatest long baller. His Lengthy record proves it. Pun intended.

1580239618426.png

Except for this kid

Here's my 2 cents:

The Saints want Drew back but at less money (Payton leaks "Taysom is the next franchise QB..")

Drew wants to come back at the same money (Brees leaks, "No, really, I might retire... good luck with Taysom...")

They will meet somewhere in the middle and Drew is your starting QB in 2020. One more run.

I’d be interested seeing Taysom as starter. I just really hope this whole process doesn’t run Teddy out. We have pieces that can keep this team playoff competitive, but those pieces can choose to walk if... you know...

Teddy is out. We just can't afford him (even with or without Drew staying).

Last year he was the highest paid back-up quarterback at 7 million. After winning five consecutive games (including one in Seattle), he is up for a raise, and we won't be able to give him that kind of money.

Considering the current salaries for quarterbacks, a multiyear contract between 15-20 million per year is very obtainable for Teddy.

Teddy is out. We just can't afford him (even with or without Drew staying).

Last year he was the highest paid back-up quarterback at 7 million. After winning five consecutive games (including one in Seattle), he is up for a raise, and we won't be able to give him that kind of money.

Considering the current salaries for quarterbacks, a multiyear contract between 15-20 million per year is very obtainable for Teddy.
Valid points. However, there are a few things people overlook. One, he has said it going to take a special situation for him to leave. Two, this we love TB but he "needs to go even though he's the best fit attitude that makes no sense. Three, I still don't see this ideal team. SD is going with Brady or a rook, Chicago is committed to Mitch, Carolina is rebuilding, and leaves one possible team with a decent situation:TB.

Voice of the Saints Zach Strief trusts Jay Glazer's report.

"I generally take things that Jay Glazer reports about the Saints as truth," said the Voice of the Saints Zach Strief, who explained that Glazer and Coach Sean Payton are friends. "And so, I do believe the report. I do believe that's how the team sees Taysom. That he has the opportunity to become a franchise quarterback." Strief added "I think Taysom made tremendous strides last year, and I'm not even talking so much about the season,” said Strief. "his accuracy has completely changed over the course of a couple of years. ... And, I do believe that, that Sean (Payton), Mickey (Loomis) and the team feel like Taysom could be that guy. "

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom