Gleason now on Amazon. (1 Viewer)

Finally able to watch it today. Wow, just wow. Very touching what he and Michel have gone through since his diagnosis. This is definitely a much watch (keep tissue close).

Wow, just watched it on Amazon Prime and it brought me to a realization that it is possible to live indefinitely with ALS with the help of modern technology and lots of expensive medical care. I now understand why most people pass away within 5 years. Most choose not to undergo the tracheostomy procedure and give up. I can't imagine how the silence of not being able to speak would drive anyone insane in the decades when there were no powerful computers with eye detection typing technology. Steve also banked his voice so he could communicate in his voice.

How it was not in the nominations for best documentary is ridiculous...

'La La Land' takes the lead: Full list of 2017 Oscar nominees | wwltv.com

I would agree, it is one that I personally expected to be on there. But, I can't say the others aren't great choices too. I haven't seen each of them, but the ones I have are very strong, and all are as well-reviewed as Gleason. The film may have missed the cut, but likely not by much.

Documentaries are always a tough category to get into, because generally they are passion projects that really tell quite the story. Here's to hoping the "snub" actually raises more awareness than being on the list would have.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom