Gleason...UFA (1 Viewer)

WhoDATX512

High Priest of WhoDat
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I really liked the energy and intensity that Steve Gleason brought last year. Do you think that the Saints are going to bring him back given his injury setback and that we have KK as a reserve.

Personally I think he is a good lockeroom presence and good for special teams but I don't think that he will be a priority in the offseason.

Thoughts?

That's you Steve??? I doubt it Steve BUT it was nice having you and I'll never forget that blocked punt in the dome reopening game against ATL... Goodluck elsewhere.

I really liked the energy and intensity that Steve Gleason brought last year. Do you think that the Saints are going to bring him back given his injury setback and that we have KK as a reserve.

Personally I think he is a good lockeroom presence and good for special teams but I don't think that he will be a priority in the offseason.

Thoughts?

I hope they re-sign him.

He is valuable on ST.

i think Steve is going to find it hard to beat out Reis. Reishas the same energy and is more athletic.

All one needs to do is look at the Special Teams play this year and it is painfully obvious that Gleason, if healthy, needs to be on this team.

i think Steve is going to find it hard to beat out Reis. Reishas the same energy and is more athletic.

I was just going to post this....Reis is younger, healthier and cheaper than Gleason. The sentimental Saints fan in me wants to re sign Gleason to a long expensive contract because of his big ST plays in the past. The pragmatic Saints fan in me realizes he's coming off microfracture knee surgery, he's a vested veteran so he won't get a minimum contract, and he's already been replaced by a younger, cheaper guy. Weighing the two.....thanks for your service here Steve. You were a real asset. Good luck in the future.

All one needs to do is look at the Special Teams play this year and it is painfully obvious that Gleason, if healthy, needs to be on this team.

Depends on what stat(s) you are talking about. Comparing 2006 and 2007, we actually improved this year at returning punts and were essentially the same on kickoff coverage, but were slightly worse at returning kickoffs, and significantly worse on punt coverage.

(and I can provide the numbers if anyone cares to see them)

Bye Bye Gleason; This team need to get a attitude; dirty, Mean and Nasty and dominate in the Dome in the golden days.

Steve Gleason has been on this team for a long time he is needed.

i didn't see Reis block anything this year. White Jesus had at least one block in each of the last 3 seasons if my memory serves me correctly. Gleason stays!!

Last edited:
I want him to stay.
He will find it very difficult to get a spot but he should be there as special teams captain with Steck.
If he leaves we need to take a mould of his hands and cast them in gold before he goes.
Then we can nail them to the top of the dome.
Alternatively you could make a statue outside of him blocking the punt with the WWL commentary inscribed on it.:ezbill:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom