Gleason? Where is our hero? (1 Viewer)

Rod-138

Reaction score
Where is the Gleason? Is he still on our roster? Any word of whether or not our special team's ace will return? That guy sure knew how to run into people at rediculously high speeds.

He's a UFA. I don't think he'll be back, we have a younger version of him in Chris Reis.

I've been keeping an eye out for Gleason as well. Would hate to see him go, he is one of us, imo.

I couldn't find much, but this is (from google) a usa today article that also is dated July 25, 07, and appears to be a compiliation (is that a word, a combined set of snippets) of articles:

"Jul. 25, 2007 - 11:38 p.m. ET

Saints placed S Steve Gleason on injured reserve, ending his season.

Gleason is recovering from microfracture surgery. The veteran special teams ace could struggle to find work in 2008, when he'll be a risky free agent.

Jun. 6, 2007 - 7:28 p.m. ET

Despite a report that Saints special teamer Steve Gleason would have minor knee surgery on Tuesday, he underwent a microfracture procedure.

He'll be out at least eight weeks and is a strong candidate for the PUP list or possibly even I.R. Gleason had been entering a contract year in 2007.

Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

Jun. 5, 2007 - 10:00 a.m. ET

Saints special teamer Steve Gleason will undergo arthroscopic knee surgery Tuesday.

This won't help the special teams ace's chances of making the team. The Saints will know more about his recovery timetable after the surgery, which suggests it could be more serious than an arthroscopy.

Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

Uh, oh. "Gleason had been entering a contract year in 2007. "

He missed all 16 games last year, not a great contract year, he could be gone.

I'll miss him. He was our ST captain, and I loved the game a couple years ago when he was ejected for a punch he delivered while getting up from the ground. A leader!

ddd

We need more on this team than just a popular figure. I love the guy, but we need safeties that can actually play safety. Although, he probably wasn't that much worse than Bullocks.

ill be sad if hes not re-signed. hes my favorite saint, because hes not especially good at anything except firing up the rest of the team and somehow coming outta nowhere and making a gamechanging play.

We need more on this team than just a popular figure. I love the guy, but we need safeties that can actually play safety. Although, he probably wasn't that much worse than Bullocks.

You gotta be kidding me.....Bullocks is way better than Gleason, you cant even compare the two....Bullocks may not be an all pro, but Gleason aint even been a starter...he's gotten a couple snaps on defense, but he is strickly a special teams guy, you cant even compare the two.....you guys really dont like Bullocks huh....:wow:

I want Gleason back but I know its purely sentimental. I don't blame the FO if they don't bring him back.

I would have liked to have Gleason out on the "hands team" instead of Bullocks that's for sure.. :covri:

No, hes actually that much worse then Bullocks. Terrible Safety, good STer and fan favorite. I still cringe at the thought of him playing in that Panthers game 2 years ago. Man was it ugly.

Bullocks is the worst free safety i've ever seen, he has the coverage skills of a torn umbrella. I'd rather play with ten players, he's bad. Never, ever, ever makes a play, ever.

I've been posting this for days. But this was before Stecker was brought back in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom