Glen Dorsey - "Saints Need to Trade Up" (MERGED) (1 Viewer)

He is worth the cost. I would almost do a Ricky Williams move to get him, but I know that wont happen, but I do think that if any player is worth giving up a lot for it's him.

That's just ridiculous.

Yeah, Dorsey is probably going to be a really good player, but nothing is a guarantee.

We have too many needs to trade away multiple high draft picks for one player, it just wouldn't make sense.

Josh Bullocks is still a liability.
Jason David/Jason Craft are still horrible.
Jon Vilma/Dan Morgan are question marks at this point.
Will Smith isn't happy.

And that's just on defense.

This team is NOT one player away from winning a super bowl, we need to stop thinking like that.

I disagree with you here... We have enough DEs on our roster already and we also run a 4-3 and Gholston projects better into a 3-4 as an OLB

I definitely agree with you, but I wouldn't mind either 3 if they are available.

It would seem the the White House is a little more important and overwhelming to a bunch of college athletes than their LSU accolades.
Where do some of these posters come from? I know we have the right of free speech, but I sure hope some of these folks are contributing in a pecuniary way to support their drabble.

Im still scared of his injury problems. The fact that he just couldnt seem to stay on the field last season would cause me to steer away from trading up to get him if I were GM. If he were available at #10 maybe, but I wouldnt give away the whole draft to take him.

I love Dorsey and think he is better than Ellis though only slightly... I think he definitely has a bigger heart but that's only because I hear about him in the news/have seen him play and not Ellis. That said, would love to see a local (and yes, LSU player) stay and play for our Saints but I don't think we can afford giving up a 1st and 2nd for Dorsey when we can give up a 1st and 3rd for Ellis who will probably be almost as good.... I wish the draft experts ranked Ellis above Dorsey so Dorsey would be the one most likely to be there at 8 but that's not likely...ok I'm done rambling....

If we get either one I am going to be excited. Honestly Ellis seems like a good guy and as a player it appers that he is versatile enought to play the nose or the 3-tech.

. If he were available at #10 maybe, but I wouldnt give away the whole draft to take him.

If we had a history of drafting well, I'd agree with you.

But look at our Draft History. It's not like we have set a pattern of drafting playmakers in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

We should give Oak our 1st and 2nd round pick, then draft Dorsey.

Last edited:
If we had a history of drafting well, I'd agree with you.

But look at our Draft History. It's not like we have set a pattern of drafting playmakers in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

We should give Oak our 1st and 2nd round pick, then draft Dorsey.
You're just in favor of getting rid of our draft picks so we can't accidentally take Ali Highsmith, Chevis Jackson, Jonathan Zenon, Craig Steltz or Jacob Hester :hihi:

But seriously, I'd make that trade for him too. If the Saints want to trust their small school prospects again, then use some of your high draft picks to move up and draft small school talent that falls in the later rounds.

For any non-believers, this is a HURT Glen Dorsey:
YouTube - LSU's Glenn Dorsey = Domination

He simply tossed that Auburn player out of the way! :smilielol:

I agree with Pookie...this year's 1st, 3rd, and 5th would be well worth it...but I don't think we'll be the only team offering that sort of deal, unfortunately. It depends on who else is offering and how valuable our #10 spot is to the team we're dealing with vs. the other offers.

I have been lobbying for two things on this board for the past month, trading back to get more picks, and not drafting offense with our first pick, at some point I have even said something along the lines of it might be moronic for the saints to give up any extra picks to move up for just one player. I would not be angry if the Saints traded away a first, second and another pick for Dorsey. The more I watch his highlights, the more I read articles on him the more I think this guy is a one of a kind player. I know we have a lot of holes on D still and he wont solve them all but he just seems like THE guy you want on your team.

Long time lurker - second time poster. I thought I'd share with you the short conversation I just had w/ Dorsey re: the Saints. I work for a LA Congressman and just came back from the Capitol where the 2007 National Champion LSU Tigers were having their pictures taken.

There were probably only 30 staff and you could mingle with the players w/ ease. I jokingly asked Dorsey not to sign w/ the Dirty Birds as it would put me in an awkward position on Sundays, and told him to stick around until the 10th. He laughed and told me he would love to play for the Saints and wants to stay close to Gonzales. We agreed that the Saints need to move up. He did mention that we was supposed be in NO today to workout for the Saints, but that this trip may have disrupted that schedule.

The guy is a total class act, and wears an ear to ear smile. He's going to have a pro-bowl and hopefully a HOF career. It would be great if he did that in B&G, but moving up to get him may be too costly. Either way, you have to love the guy. I know there are some loyalists on here that would never root for him if he ends up on a rival team, but I'll always pull for him. If you are a real sports fan, and you know his story, you can't help but hope for the best for him.

Also met in no particular order - Les Miles, Matt Flynn, R Perrilloux, Herman Johnson,
T Tolliver, D Byrd, B Lafell, R Dickson, Keiland Williams, Charles Scott, Richard Murhpy,
Jacob Hester, Al Woods, Drake Nevis, Marlon Favorite, & Chad Jones. Hester said he'd love to stay in-state too - the guy is the definition of football player.

Catching the 6am to the Crescent City Thursday a.m. for my Bachelor Party and the French Quarter Fest. Can't wait for some good music, food, and company.

one question....did Perrilloux "take" anything from the Oval Office? :)

Cool story. Actually I played golf Monday with a guy whose daughter works up there and was in the third row. She was texting him all morning about what was going on. Pretty cool.

Kinda would have liked to hear the conversation between Bush and Miles :)

If Dorsey falls past #3?

I see us trading up to get Glenn Dorsey if he falls past the falcons. ML and SP would probably be willing to give up alot more than other teams to nab him simply because of what he could allow our defense to do with him in the lineup. He would definetly make Smith and Grant better in the past rush and our new LB's would be much more effective in blitzing because of the constant double teams that Dorsey will command.
I just dont see Ellis commanding that kind of respect and I personally don't feel like Rivers is worth the #10 pick when there's Mayo, Lofton, Gooden, Wheeler, Connor, etc..
and you could get any of those guys in the late 1st or 2nd and beyond.
I just think that the Saints would be settling for a player at #10 if it's not Dorsey. They could easily move up to get him or move down to aquire more picks and address more needs in other areas. The only other trades that I could see us making on draft day is for Shockey and Sheppard. I hope niether of them come with a high price because this draft will have talent deep into the second day of drafting especially at those positions that we need!
Looking foward to hear from you guys as DDay approaches!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom