Glenn Dorsey= Wow!!! (1 Viewer)

Lee Newell

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Did you see him beat two guys to get to the QB? He control the whole game for the LSU defense. They were so concerned about Dorsey that others got their shine on! This guy will be a pro-bowler in his first season in the NFL. God, I wish the Saints could find a way to grab this guy! We may have to trade all of our day one picks to get him, but he'd be worth it!

Just an amazing player. Period. I would love to have him. Too bad it's impossible.

WOW, indeed. Possible best defensive player in the draft. I wish he had a shot at him, but he'll be long gone when we're up.

Did you see him beat two guys to get to the QB? He control the whole game for the LSU defense. They were so concerned about Dorsey that others got their shine on! This guy will be a pro-bowler in his first season in the NFL. God, I wish the Saints could find a way to grab this guy! We may have to trade all of our day one picks to get him, but he'd be worth it!

The left one lineman on him for much of the game. And ran right at him with success some in the first half.

Dorsey didn't really come on until the second half.

The left one lineman on him for much of the game. And ran right at him with success some in the first half.

I agree he struggled early on. For some reason he has struggled early in games but he becomes a terror in the second half. Also something to keep in mind that he is a 3tech. Teams will not be able to double team him in the NFL as long as he has a half decent NT next to him. The guy is a stud.

Dorsey and the rest of the D-Line were busting through the supposed big strong O-Line of Ohio State, Dorsey is a beast and a real deal player, whoever gets him will be very fortunate.:worthy:

True, but as you know, football is a game of adjustments. Dorsey had to adjust his rush angles. Noticed how he started to slide alone the line of scrimmage to cut off the running lanes. It was like a Heavyweight boxing match. L.S.U. took a standing eight wicked punch in the first round, but made the adjustments and came out swinging for the rest of the fight.

I agree he struggled early on. For some reason he has struggled early in games but he becomes a terror in the second half. Also something to keep in mind that he is a 3tech. Teams will not be able to double team him in the NFL as long as he has a half decent NT next to him. The guy is a stud.

OSU did a good job using his first step against him. The one run I really liked came when they ran right at Dorsey and the G allowed Dorsey to step inside and the G just turned and sealed as the HB hit the B gap. Ultimately though as they got away from the run Dorsey was able to tee-off on the LOS more and more. In the second half he began just destroying the LG and they started having to double team him more and more, which of course opened things up for LSU's DEs.

I think if OSU had been able to sustain the running game they could have contained Dorsey but :shrug:

I don't think Dorsey is Warren Sapp. I just don't think he's quite that good. Warren Sapp was arguably the greatest DT prospect since i've cared about football, so that's my frame of reference.

But I think you could argue Dorsey is right behind Sapp.

Dorsey cemented his status as the top prospect in the NFL draft tonight. The likelihood of him being the top pick in the draft went up as the game went on.
I know McFadden is a huge talent as well, but I will be very surprised if it isn't Dorsey who goes #1 come April, whether it's to Miami or to a team that trades into the top spot.

Ricky-Jean Francois had an excellent game. That performance might make him a preseason All-American. Two more years of eligibility.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom