Glenn Foster Jr. (edit: former Saint arrested in Alabama, died in custody) (2 Viewers)

This is sad on multiple levels. Foster was on the d-line during the 2013 season, the one decent year on D when Rob Ryan was the DC. He injured his ankle either in preseason or early in the regular season. Showed some serious promise when he was able to play, though. Dying in police custody sure sounds bad to me.

And yes, it is the same guy. He played D-Line for us in like 2012-2013.
It says here 2013-2015...

Seems like a whole lot more is going to come out about this case. In 2021, prisoners getting booked and dying in custody less than 48 hours later ... that won't get swept under a rug.

Dying in police custody:mad1:

Seems like a whole lot more is going to come out about this case. In 2021, prisoners getting booked and dying in custody less than 48 hours later ... that won't get swept under a rug.
I guess it can be swept under the rug, but it would be in everyone's best interest for the police to be transparent. And in this environment I'd be really surprised if it was foul play (not that it makes the situation any better)...though of course, crazy stuff continues to occur. It's still the police's job to make sure that their prisoners are safe. I really do hope that it was something unavoidable, like he had a brain hematoma from the fight that didn't present until he was in the jail (which can happen). Hoping that it's nothing to do with the police, suicide, or drugs.

Jail records show Pickens was arrested Sunday in the small town of Reform, Ala. at about 12:30 p.m. on charges of reckless endangerment and resisting arrest by “attempt to elude.” Those charges were replaced at 3:16 p.m. by three counts of simple assault and one count of 3rd-degree robbery, the jail records show.

it would be best if this is some bizarre and tragic accident - but the liklihood of that...????
Sounds like he was speeding thru a small town and didn't pull over fast enough for Barney, so Barney trumped up the charges to justify bringing him to jail.

Like all of us, I want to know what really happened. Hopefully the autopsy will be able to determine cause of death and maybe help rule on whether there was foul play. I'm withholding judgement, but dying while in police custody less than 2 days after being booked raises all kinds of red flags, not to mention the tinkering with the charges.

This is pretty unacceptable in my opinion.

He may have hung himself with a bed sheet. until it it is released everyone should stop jumping to conclusions.
Definitely a possible. Honestly, I think that is probably the MOST LIKELY scenario. But yeah...no jumping to conclusions, and even if he did something like that...it's no excuse. The police needs to know what's happening with their inmates. It's unacceptable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom