Glenn Foster Jr. (edit: former Saint arrested in Alabama, died in custody) (1 Viewer)

People don’t hang themselves because some podunk cop put him in jail for being black in the south. It was a reckless endangerment charge. Should have never been in there in the first place. Smells like stink to me
IF - and it’s a big if - the car chase and minor scuffle went exactly as they say, I can see them taking him in
Their first big screw up is not taking him to the bham hospital right away

I hope to God whatever happened it's 1/on video and 2/released to the public

Otherwise no matter what happened it looks like crap that yet another black dude died while in police custody.

The situation is tragic as it is. I wish folks would stop speculating and allow the facts to come out.

The entire reason that the speculation is leaning so strongly toward blaming the cops for foul play is because law enforcement in this country has a putrid track record of this kind of thing specifically happening to black men at a disgustingly disproportionate rate compared to any other demographic combination.

Some randos speculating on an internet forum that none of the cops involved in this will ever read is light years away from being as bad as what they likely did. Posts like yours come off like worrying about a bully because he hurt his hand punching someone.

The entire reason that the speculation is leaning so strongly toward blaming the cops for foul play is because law enforcement in this country has a putrid track record of this kind of thing specifically happening to black men at a disgustingly disproportionate rate compared to any other demographic combination.

Some randos speculating on an internet forum that none of the cops involved in this will ever read is light years away from being as bad as what they likely did. Posts like yours come off like worrying about a bully because he hurt his hand punching someone.
dude's a 31 yr old former pro athlete (was teammate to players still on team), so we can feel fairly secure in ruling out natural causes
what's left is some range between negligence and homicide

This situation doesn’t make sense. They are going to bail him out, recognize he’s having mental health problems and then proceed to put more charges on him and then he dies...let’s just say mysteriously...after an altercation with another inmate. They need to be as transparent as possible because right now it’s a very suspicious situation.

He was taken to a hospital 30 minutes away in a squad car instead of an ambulance. Was DOA at the hospital.

He was taken to a hospital 30 minutes away in a squad car instead of an ambulance. Was DOA at the hospital.

That's barely any different than in the movies when some people beat someone nearly to death and anonymously dump 'em off at the entrance to a hospital and immediately leave. Except in this case they probably knew he was dead and this was all just part of a futile effort to sweep the crumbs under the rug.

Speculate your heart out. If it helps you get through he day, double up. Me, I'll wait for the facts to emerge.

That's barely any different than in the movies when some people beat someone nearly to death and anonymously dump 'em off at the entrance to a hospital and immediately leave. Except in this case they probably knew he was dead and this was all just part of a futile effort to sweep the crumbs under the rug.
It’s so fishy I’m almost thinking it’s too bizarre to be made up. I’m positive there were mistakes made but I’m not sure this is a brutality situation. Then again, that area of Bama is notorious for racist cops and isn’t exactly a beacon of intelligence so disregard the first part of this post.

Tragedy is the only certainty at the moment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom