Glenn Foster Jr. (edit: former Saint arrested in Alabama, died in custody) (1 Viewer)

Cops are regular people. Pick 100 random people from your neighborhood or community and put them in uniforms and give them guns.

Now.

Are they all special? Are they all good. Are they all smart? Objective? Do they have sound judgment. Are they all color-blind. Are they honest. Dude. Noooo.

They're the idiots speeding through the neighborhoods all fast. Not bringing their garbage can in from the curb until 2 days after the garbage truck has passed. They don't pick up their dog's poop. And they don't take their Christmas lights down until February.

And that's just what you witness as you grab your mail.

Applying for a job as a LEO and being hired doesn’t transfrom you into a different person.

It's not that farfetched to think that regular people - like cops - screw up a lot.

While I personally have no opinion on this particular case, it's thoroughly understandable why some folks are suspicious.

For all intents and purposes, we're talking about a dude named Jack who lives two streets over. How can you so confidently declare that 99% of all Jacks aren't arses.
Hey, I like Christmas lights, but February is a bit much, lol.

Good points. :9:

I have been in law enforcement for well over 30 years across many different states from large departments such as Baltimore police to smaller departments in towns you likely never heard of. Most police officers are doing their best to do the right thing, but I can tell you that in my experience you are way over estimating. Thankfully I personally have helped to put a few of the bad apples in jail. Most LEO and Prosecutors arent racist so much as classists. In other words you dont have to be "black" for them to lie to protect their own. The incorrect and over use of the word "civilian" is the tell sign who they are really out to protect and defend.
As a Maryland and a little outside of Baltimore resident, I'd also like to thank you for your service. Were you with the City or the County (or something else)?

Speaking for this area, I mostly agree with your take on LEO and prosecutors being classists more than racists. I think my perspective is that some of them are classists with a racist undertone. What I mean by that is the people of another race, especially African-Americans, get a much smaller tolerance when it comes to things that go off-script, so to say. To put it another way, I feel like minorities already have one or two strikes against them as soon as an action is taken, whether it be they are pulled over for a traffic violation, or they're involved in something more egregious, or even jaywalking. If everything goes by the script, then there aren't any problems. The issue is what happens when something doesn't go by the script.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom