Glidden Saints Gold Paint (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Reposted here in SSF per recommendation:

Long shot question here. I used the Glidden Saints gold paint for my TV/Saints room a few years ago. Used almost all of it and disposed of the paint can last year. I am finding myself needing some touchup paint for the room and, guess what . . . Glidden/Home Depot no longer offer the paint codes to mix that color.

My question . . . does anyone have a picture of the top of the Glidden mixed paint with the tint codes so I might be able to get Home Depot to recreate it?

if you can cut a small piece of dry wall with the paint on it they can scan it to match.

Take a razor blade in an inconspicuous place and cut a small square a little bigger than a quarter. You only need to get the drywall paper off with the color. Then take it to Sherwin-Williams or another full time paint supplier. This is what they do everyday. Tell them you need it matched for touch up. They can get the color very close and give you tips on applying to help touch up. Do you know the sheen of your walls now. Flat, Satin/Eggshell? Flat is easiest to touch up so hopefully your walls are flat but can be touched up if another sheen also just harder. Good luck.

Take a razor blade in an inconspicuous place and cut a small square a little bigger than a quarter. You only need to get the drywall paper off with the color. Then take it to Sherwin-Williams or another full time paint supplier. This is what they do everyday. Tell them you need it matched for touch up. They can get the color very close and give you tips on applying to help touch up. Do you know the sheen of your walls now. Flat, Satin/Eggshell? Flat is easiest to touch up so hopefully your walls are flat but can be touched up if another sheen also just harder. Good luck.
This. I have done this numerous times, without any problems. Also, I have a friend that works and sells Benjamin Moore paints. And they can match any paint color, of any paint manufacturer. And I know it can be done at Home Depot because that is where I had it done every time I needed to have it done.

Many of the suggestions above are pretty good, especially the ones that suggested your taking a small sample section of the paint. I used to work at The Home Depot, and their electron optical scanning equipment does a decent job at replicating the color you're looking for. Lowe's Hardware also has similar equipment.

In addition to the ideas you've received, take a chance at calling PPG Industries, which is the company that now owns the rights to the former Glidden Paint company. Their toll free #: 800.454-3336

Giving them a call may be worth a shot. Hope you're successful.

:gosaints:

Great! Thanks for all the suggestions. I will start with calling then taking a sample to see how well they can get it matched.

I put a bigger tv in the room and had to take down the shelf I had the xbox sitting on, took some paint with it. That and just some general blemishes here and there I've been ignoring for a while.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom