GM announces C8 mid engine Corvette (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Sticky Post

The next-generation, mid-engine Corvette C8 will be officially revealed at an event July 18.
C7's are stagnant on the lots. May have to upgrade on the cheap when this thing drops. Danger is I might test drive one...

donato

Regal Beagle V.I.P.
Reaction score
I love the idea of them going to mid-engined, but there's no need now to have the nose so long. The side intake is way over the top and doesn't look right. Maybe some of that is camouflage, I don't know. So far I think they missed the mark.

saintmdterps

Upon my soul I feel fine
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A Corvette Z06 and and Ariel Atom duking it out at Nurburgring. This is some straight-up bad-azz driving. both know the rules of the road and are gentlemen..or women :hihi: Comments are pretty good as well.

Last edited:

saintmdterps

Upon my soul I feel fine
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Agree, he's borderline brilliant. He really knows his stuff but his sense of humor and comedic timing is even stronger! And he's no slouch behind the wheel.

I absolutely love Grand Tour. Top Gear was excellent, but in GT, they take everything that was good about Top Gear, and blow it out in grand proportion - whilst (yeah) liberating themselves from some of the limitations on being a regular BBC broadcast show. It's fantastic and I think the most enjoyable part is how funny it is.
Back in the day, Clarkson got smoked by Hammond doing a lap, but instead of showing Hammond his lap time slip, Clarkson set it on fire :ezbill:

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I didn't really see a battle there....it was pretty much all atom from what I saw. I will say on initial take off the z seemed to pull away from him.

saintmdterps

Upon my soul I feel fine
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't really see a battle there....it was pretty much all atom from what I saw. I will say on initial take off the z seemed to pull away from him.
In the first comment, the Atom driver remarked the 'Vette had to exit early due to being out of fuel. You see the Corvette driver motion for the Atom to pass, and then the Atom driver reciprocates. Both cars were well-driven and fast as hell.

The Moose

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
The big question about the new Corvette is how big is it?

The one thing the Corvette has going for it is big fat guys fit in them.

Other sports cars do not cater to fat arse beer gut balding gold chain wearing clientele. The Corvette does.

The client Chevy has gone after don't fit in anything else.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The big question about the new Corvette is how big is it?

The one thing the Corvette has going for it is big fat guys fit in them.

Other sports cars do not cater to fat arse beer gut balding gold chain wearing clientele. The Corvette does.

The client Chevy has gone after don't fit in anything else.
My wife just got a bmw550 that's big and absurdly fast for a momma car. We test drove an M5 that she was thinking about and it's big enough for Shaq. Even the back seats are ok, but nothing like the size of the 550. If I were going to buy a sedan, that M5 would likely be it until the new Porsche Taycan comes out.

In launch mode, the M5 is as fast as the Tesla S on Ludicrous mode only every other handling component is far superior on the BMW.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Saints RSS News Feeds 0

Headlines

Top Bottom