GM announces C8 mid engine Corvette (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Sticky Post

The next-generation, mid-engine Corvette C8 will be officially revealed at an event July 18.
C7's are stagnant on the lots. May have to upgrade on the cheap when this thing drops. Danger is I might test drive one...

OP
OP
Reaction score
Came across an article discussing the C8 which talked about the doubling of the Corvette build plant last year during a shutdown. It has been long rumored that they would build a C8 and C7 for a while to cater to both markets as a consolation.

Well then they announce the last C7 will be auctioned.

Spring forth the other rumors...

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/09/potential-corvette-crossover-suv-captured-in-new-spy-photo/

And more recently...

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/03/29/case-for-corvette-suv

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Aspirated 495 hp, 475 lb. torque...0-60 in less than 3 seconds!! Not too shabby. Add in price start point at $55,000, they will not be able to keep them on the lots. The technology, the attention to detail and the quality of the parts, is astounding for a car at that base price! Add in when they come out with two additional upgrade versions, they nailed it. They will continue to own the global sports car market and racing world. Don’t hate, on the leading sports car manufacturer and racing leader.

staphory

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Insurance ought to be interesting after about two years.

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It is absolutely amazing to me that they are offering this car with a starting price under $60K. Put that into context. The 1st Gen Acura NSX had a starting price of $60K ALL THE WAY BACK IN 1991.

I've been looking at a Jeep Gladiator and Ford Raptor as my next purchase. If I were to buy a 2 seater, it would have to be a 3rd car. I might just have to keep my Jeeps a while longer.

nolaspe

Bury me in smoke...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
GM is claiming 0-60 under 3 sec and a starting MRSP at around $60k. Weird, before I posted, all I was shown as the last post in this thread was Taxpe's one from April 24th and none of the ones from today lol...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reaction score
Wonder how much the sub-3 second “optional performance package” will be.
My guess is >5k ish. That's what the traditional step up to the Z51 is. It upgrades the wheels, exhaust, suspension, and in this case goes to an electronic differential if I heard correctly. That may drive it up more though as previously you had to go to the Grand Sport to start seeing the electronic diff.

donato

Regal Beagle V.I.P.
Reaction score
Looks like they studied the modern Italian exotics (specifically Ferrari/Lamborghini) and really tried hard to make it as cheap and tacky as possible. Almost like a teenager's imaginary kit-car. Shame, I kinda liked the way the outgoing model looks (for a Vette). IMO.

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Looks like they studied the modern Italian exotics (specifically Ferrari/Lamborghini) and really tried hard to make it as cheap and tacky as possible. Almost like a teenager's imaginary kit-car. Shame, I kinda liked the way the outgoing model looks (for a Vette). IMO.
You certainly have your right to an opinion, though I think they will sell very well and will continue to keep Chevy as the number 1 sports and race car manufacturer in the world! Have a great day.

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like a knock-off of Italian cars to me.
We'll see what the buyer will get for $60,000. I doubt that'll be the >3 sec 0-60 model.

Last edited:

The Moose

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I would say the sub 60k thing will work like the model 3 Tesla.

Never had any intention to sell any at that price just a grab headlines crap.

The real question is do fat guys still fit?

A lot to like about it except for the person who wants to heal toe and shift themselves. Then again without a shifter more room for fat guys!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Saints RSS News Feeds 0

Headlines

Top Bottom