GM announces C8 mid engine Corvette (1 Viewer)

Reaction score

The next-generation, mid-engine Corvette C8 will be officially revealed at an event July 18.

C7's are stagnant on the lots. May have to upgrade on the cheap when this thing drops. Danger is I might test drive one...

The body looks awesome. The lines are rather like the Ford GT.

You can get a C7 Z06 for $10-15K under sticker about now. The only thing that will keep people buying it is the astronomical price tag the C8 is going to end up having. I bet the base price is over $100K.

I also think we're going to see 'Corvette' become a new brand at GM with multiple models.

You can get a C7 Z06 for $10-15K under sticker about now. The only thing that will keep people buying it is the astronomical price tag the C8 is going to end up having. I bet the base price is over $100K.

I also think we're going to see 'Corvette' become a new brand at GM with multiple models.
Some stuff I've read says 5k jump in price. That's what Chevy said they could do at the start. Most think that's a pipe dream. Guess we'll find out soon.

Some stuff I've read says 5k jump in price. That's what Chevy said they could do at the start. Most think that's a pipe dream. Guess we'll find out soon.

If they start at $61K, Chevy won't be able to keep them in stock.

I don't like it.
What you're seeing is not the "real" C8. It's camouflaged with extra body parts. They're not going to reveal the actual car until July.

You can get late 90's heavily modified C5's for 15-20K all day.

Ima git me one of these with a built 427 and a Muncie M-22 rockcrusher113939

I do not like the pointy nose.
It's not going to be on the final product. I'm willing to bet this model is camouflaged with extra parts, and we have to wait until July to see the real thing. The exaggerated pointy nose is reminiscent of the C3 Mako Shark and Corvettes of the mid-late 70's. Compare those fronts with the C5-C6 Corvettes.

Last edited:
I'll take a c6 z06 and the money saved.

Nuthin' wrong with that. Or just wait a couple more years and get the C7 Z06.

Nuthin' wrong with that. Or just wait a couple more years and get the C7 Z06.
I'm curious to see what happens with the C7 market. There's such a glut the prices should drop, but if the C8 starts at over 100k like some predict I'd think demand will be stronger than for the new ones.

Same here. Love the sides... but dat nose.

That’s the supercar look these days. High, long rear side molding and long noses coming to a low point above a robust air dam and broad, low splitter. Reduce drag while increasing downforce.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom