GM announces C8 mid engine Corvette (2 Viewers)

I didn't really see a battle there....it was pretty much all atom from what I saw. I will say on initial take off the z seemed to pull away from him.
In the first comment, the Atom driver remarked the 'Vette had to exit early due to being out of fuel. You see the Corvette driver motion for the Atom to pass, and then the Atom driver reciprocates. Both cars were well-driven and fast as hell.

The big question about the new Corvette is how big is it?

The one thing the Corvette has going for it is big fat guys fit in them.

Other sports cars do not cater to fat arse beer gut balding gold chain wearing clientele. The Corvette does.

The client Chevy has gone after don't fit in anything else.

The big question about the new Corvette is how big is it?

The one thing the Corvette has going for it is big fat guys fit in them.

Other sports cars do not cater to fat arse beer gut balding gold chain wearing clientele. The Corvette does.

The client Chevy has gone after don't fit in anything else.

My wife just got a bmw550 that's big and absurdly fast for a momma car. We test drove an M5 that she was thinking about and it's big enough for Shaq. Even the back seats are ok, but nothing like the size of the 550. If I were going to buy a sedan, that M5 would likely be it until the new Porsche Taycan comes out.

In launch mode, the M5 is as fast as the Tesla S on Ludicrous mode only every other handling component is far superior on the BMW.

Came across an article discussing the C8 which talked about the doubling of the Corvette build plant last year during a shutdown. It has been long rumored that they would build a C8 and C7 for a while to cater to both markets as a consolation.

Well then they announce the last C7 will be auctioned.

Spring forth the other rumors...

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/09/potential-corvette-crossover-suv-captured-in-new-spy-photo/

And more recently...

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/03/29/case-for-corvette-suv

corvetteconceptfront.ashx

Aspirated 495 hp, 475 lb. torque...0-60 in less than 3 seconds!! Not too shabby. Add in price start point at $55,000, they will not be able to keep them on the lots. The technology, the attention to detail and the quality of the parts, is astounding for a car at that base price! Add in when they come out with two additional upgrade versions, they nailed it. They will continue to own the global sports car market and racing world. Don’t hate, on the leading sports car manufacturer and racing leader.

Holy crap! Chevy knocked it out of the park with this one. Their other cars, not so much.

Insurance ought to be interesting after about two years.

It is absolutely amazing to me that they are offering this car with a starting price under $60K. Put that into context. The 1st Gen Acura NSX had a starting price of $60K ALL THE WAY BACK IN 1991.

I've been looking at a Jeep Gladiator and Ford Raptor as my next purchase. If I were to buy a 2 seater, it would have to be a 3rd car. I might just have to keep my Jeeps a while longer.

GM is claiming 0-60 under 3 sec and a starting MRSP at around $60k. Weird, before I posted, all I was shown as the last post in this thread was Taxpe's one from April 24th and none of the ones from today lol...

Last edited:
Wonder how much the sub-3 second “optional performance package” will be.
My guess is >5k ish. That's what the traditional step up to the Z51 is. It upgrades the wheels, exhaust, suspension, and in this case goes to an electronic differential if I heard correctly. That may drive it up more though as previously you had to go to the Grand Sport to start seeing the electronic diff.

Looks like they studied the modern Italian exotics (specifically Ferrari/Lamborghini) and really tried hard to make it as cheap and tacky as possible. Almost like a teenager's imaginary kit-car. Shame, I kinda liked the way the outgoing model looks (for a Vette). IMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom