GM announces C8 mid engine Corvette (1 Viewer)

Looks like they studied the modern Italian exotics (specifically Ferrari/Lamborghini) and really tried hard to make it as cheap and tacky as possible. Almost like a teenager's imaginary kit-car. Shame, I kinda liked the way the outgoing model looks (for a Vette). IMO.

You certainly have your right to an opinion, though I think they will sell very well and will continue to keep Chevy as the number 1 sports and race car manufacturer in the world! Have a great day.

Looks like a knock-off of Italian cars to me.
We'll see what the buyer will get for $60,000. I doubt that'll be the >3 sec 0-60 model.

Last edited:
I would say the sub 60k thing will work like the model 3 Tesla.

Never had any intention to sell any at that price just a grab headlines crap.

The real question is do fat guys still fit?

A lot to like about it except for the person who wants to heal toe and shift themselves. Then again without a shifter more room for fat guys!

$60K, ok. But you know darn well the dealers will mark this up big time.

Depends on the dealer and how soon you buy after the car hits the market. I know plenty of dealers that never sell above MSRP. The only thing that will keep the price above MSRP is the car's availability and demand. The current generation of the Ford Raptor, for instance, has been on the market since 2017. However, in several markets (like Denver) it still demands MSRP or higher. But I found it in OKC for almost $10K below sticker.

Dealer markup is only for people that are dumb enough to pay it.

Depends on the dealer and how soon you buy after the car hits the market. I know plenty of dealers that never sell above MSRP. The only thing that will keep the price above MSRP is the car's availability and demand. The current generation of the Ford Raptor, for instance, has been on the market since 2017. However, in several markets (like Denver) it still demands MSRP or higher. But I found it in OKC for almost $10K below sticker.

Dealer markup is only for people that are dumb enough to pay it.

Thanks for clarifying that.

I think the new Vette looks great. Shouldn't be long before I see a bunch or them rolling around here. There's a filthy amount of money in and around where we live.

I'd love to own one, but, probably be a while before I'd be in position to buy one.

I'm more of a Cadillac fan though. One of these days I'd love a CTS-V. Won't be able to afford that anytime soon either. Meh.

As a Toyota fan, I'm very happy for Chevy. They nailed this thing, and I can't wait to see them blowing up exotics in the near future. The design and engine platform, combined with price are unbelievable! I wish I could say the same for the Toyo/BMW Supra lovechild.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom