Go Pro Users / Questions (1 Viewer)

Waymer

Waymer
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My wife and I are now in the market for a Go Pro (we've looked at the Sony, Yi, etc...decided the new Hero 5 made the most sense for us, so yes, I know there are other options, but this is what we're looking at). We'll be taking some trips and various activities soon with my ailing MIL, and this will offer us some excellent use to capture memories.

My real question is, for users of Go Pro, what do you recommend for use. I'll give one example. I think we'll be able to do some underwater stuff soon. Should we just hold the Go Pro? Is there an attachment you recommend, etc?

We're not really tech people, so don't be afraid to say something to me that may sound dumbed down. I assure you, my mind is better on dumbed down mode anyhow. :hihi:

Read some amazon reviews comparing the hero 4 and hero 5. I just purchased the hero 4 being that the only major difference was 4K recording for the 5. The 4 does 1080 had recording which is great and the battery last a little longer since it's not recording in a high a quality as the 5. Also not sure if the 5 has a screen like the 4. But back to your question, they sell a fhandle that floats that way if you drop it you won't lose it.

My wife and I are now in the market for a Go Pro (we've looked at the Sony, Yi, etc...decided the new Hero 5 made the most sense for us, so yes, I know there are other options, but this is what we're looking at). We'll be taking some trips and various activities soon with my ailing MIL, and this will offer us some excellent use to capture memories.

My real question is, for users of Go Pro, what do you recommend for use. I'll give one example. I think we'll be able to do some underwater stuff soon. Should we just hold the Go Pro? Is there an attachment you recommend, etc?

We're not really tech people, so don't be afraid to say something to me that may sound dumbed down. I assure you, my mind is better on dumbed down mode anyhow. :hihi:

Unless you REALLY want incredible quality (4K), i'd go with a simple Hero 4..The 4 Black does record in 4K, but the battery dies out pretty quickly (like 30 min), which sucks. I usually just record in 1080p on reef dives and such.

For example, OctoMask is a mask retrofitted to have a clip for the GoPro to easily attach to (actually, these days lots of companies sell masks like this). You really just hit the power button and hear it "beep" 3 times, and you're good to go. The only bad thing is if it's on your head you wont be able to see the battery level until it dies. It all depends on what you're doing. For simple snorkeling, even a GoPole would be great to get closer to fish, eels, etc., and you'd be able to "see" everything through the lens of your GoPro 5. Hope that helps a bit?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom