Go with Brees (1 Viewer)

There is this overwhelming assumption that Brees will be automatically healthy by the start of the season....like he would just come back ready to play....not even considering the possibility that the rotator cuff issue lingers? Ok....

he needs to retire and we need to move on....

If possible, go with Brees one more year. There will be many all star Qb’s available a year from now. All these players on new teams aren’t gonna be happy. Will be ready to come to Nola

You say that, but I'd rather have early draft picks than to pick almost last each round to get mediocre players that are released after 2 years.

Why? So we can have yet another playoff heartbreak where he's flat and we lose?

2021 - Bucs: I will give you this season's exit because Brees didn't seem right and I think he shoulders most of the blame in that loss. But if we are placing blame, where was Thomas...where was Kamara...where was our vaunted D line? Why did Jared Cook fumble yet again? Why didn't the mighty Packers fare any better against the Bucs?

2020 - Vikings: Not all on Brees. If you want to blame anyone then blame our offensive line. They were a turnstile and allowed constant pressure up the middle the whole game. Brees got sacked 3 times (which is equivalent to 9 sacks on the rest of our QBS. Kamara had 21 yards rushing as did Murray. Thomas had 70 yards receiving...which I believe most of that came towards the end of the game.

2019 - Rams: Not Brees's fault in the least. He brought the team back for yet another comeback win...yet we get the no-call.

2018 - Vikings: Not Brees's fault in the least. He brought the team back for another comeback win...until the Marcus Williams whiff in the final seconds.

2014 - Seahawks: Brees had 300 yards passing while Colston racked up 144 yards. In comparison, Russell Wilson had 100 and his top receiver had 30 yards receiving. So why did we lose? It wasn't Brees's fault.

2012 - 49ers: Again not Brees's fault. He had 462 yards passing with 4 TDs. He brought the team back for a comeback win...yet Greg Williams is an idiot.

I just went back through the last 8 years of Brees's playoff games and could only see 1 game where I would put most of the blame on him.

Last edited:
2021 - Bucs: I will give you this season's exit because Brees didn't seem right and I think he shoulders most of the blame in that loss. But if we are placing blame, where was Thomas...where was Kamara...where was our vaunted D line? Why did Jared Cook fumble yet again? Why didn't the mighty Packers fare any better against the Bucs?

2020 - Vikings: Not all on Brees. If you want to blame anyone then blame our offensive line. They were a turnstile and allowed constant pressure up the middle the whole game. Brees got sacked 3 times (which is equivalent to 9 sacks on the rest of our QBS. Kamara had 21 yards rushing as did Murray. Thomas had 70 yards receiving...which I believe most of that came towards the end of the game.

2019 - Rams: Not Brees's fault in the least. He brought the team back for yet another comeback win...yet we get the no-call.

2018 - Vikings: Not Brees's fault in the least. He brought the team back for another comeback win...until the Marcus Williams whiff in the final seconds.

2014 - Seahawks: Brees had 300 yards passing while Colston racked up 144 yards. In comparison, Russell Wilson had 100 and his top receiver had 30 yards receiving. So why did we lose? It wasn't Brees's fault.

2012 - 49ers: Again not Brees's fault. He had 462 yards passing with 4 TDs. He brought the team back for a comeback win...yet Greg Williams is an idiot.

I just went back through the last 8 years of Brees's playoff games and could only see 1 game where I would put most of the blame on him.
Thank you

2021-Yes
2020-Brees' interception after Taysom's run was the turning point in that game. Just brutal. Not to mention the fact he was our QB allowed Zimmer to play everyone in a small space and attack the middle without any fear of Brees beating him over the top.
2019-Agree
2018-Brees was horrible in that first half. I thought his arm was toast at that point. Played well in the second half, though.

Brees wasn't at fault before his arm turned into mush. But the limitations have been evident for years and the last two seasons made it clear it was time.

Wow... I love how you're piling on all the other stars on the team for the offense falling apart in the playoffs every year. These players that have proven to be some of the best at their positions.... maybe an alternate theory could explain this phenomenon. Let's say maybe playoff caliber defenses can squeeze the middle of the field and take away short passes and runs and seems while blitzing the A gap ..

This leaves the outs and deep routes wide open but there's no one there to connect...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom