Go with Brees (1 Viewer)

A healthy Brees lost to GB and Rogers by three, blew out TB and TB by 35, first game back from injury lost to KC and Mahomes by 3, then were leading team down field to go up two scores on TB late in 3rd quarter when Cook fumbled. Yes he finished badly with two ints in 4th quarter against Bucs, but Bucs D shut down Rodgers and Mahomes too. A healthy Drew Brees gives the Saints a better chance at a deep run into the playoffs than either Hill or Winston.
A healthy Brees at this point gives us the best chance of losing in the playoffs. We have no idea what CSP could go with another QB with an offense tailored to them with an open playbook.

if you really think Brees gives us the best option, then we really need to trade for Watson or Wilson, because anybody else is never going to live up to the off the chart high expectations that breesus fans have.

This reply is tone deaf....at 43 the healing process takes a lot, lot longer. I get the love for Brees, I don't want to see him go either...but I do believe it's best...for him and the Saints...I mean if we were getting the 2017 version of Brees back I would agree, but we are not....it is simple reality....
In no way was it tone deaf. I’m 57 and I know what it takes to recover from som devastating injuries. I also know Drew is a professional athlete who takes very good care of his body. Also look at Brady he did pretty good after many of us on this board thought he was done and I was one of them.

A healthy Brees at this point gives us the best chance of losing in the playoffs. We have no idea what CSP could go with another QB with an offense tailored to them with an open playbook.

if you really think Brees gives us the best option, then we really need to trade for Watson or Wilson, because anybody else is never going to live up to the off the chart high expectations that breesus fans have.
Your right, barring a trade with a younger QB with more upside, I think most of the "Breesus fans" are saying BETWEEN the 3 we have now, I'm putting Brees on the field. Just my opinion

In no way was it tone deaf. I’m 57 and I know what it takes to recover from som devastating injuries. I also know Drew is a professional athlete who takes very good care of his body. Also look at Brady he did pretty good after many of us on this board thought he was done and I was one of them.

Congrats....I'm 57, and exercise regularly and I've been lucky for the most part but if I tweak my ankle or knee or foot it takes me a lot longer to recover which I think is very much the norm and it started in my late 30s. I'm quite certain you are not a doctor and neither am I...so unless you have some coy, insider information from Bree's doctor you really don't know much about his recovery....

That said, Brady (somehow) still has the arm strength that he had a few years ago, Brees clearly does not. Exactly how many Tom Brady's are out there? The answer is none....

Congrats....I'm 57, and exercise regularly and I've been lucky for the most part but if I tweak my ankle or knee or foot it takes me a lot longer to recover which I think is very much the norm and it started in my late 30s. I'm quite certain you are not a doctor and neither am I...so unless you have some coy, insider information from Bree's doctor you really don't know much about his recovery....

That said, Brady (somehow) still has the arm strength that he had a few years ago, Brees clearly does not. Exactly how many Tom Brady's are out there? The answer is none....
8 respect you opinion and all I've done is state mine. I know I lost my leg at 54 and I was able to recover from that and walk in a prosthetic months before the Dr's thought I would. To me recovery at this age is more about mindset than anything. When I was younger I had to work harder than most to be decent in sports. These days I try to work just as hard to get past anything in my path.

8 respect you opinion and all I've done is state mine. I know I lost my leg at 54 and I was able to recover from that and walk in a prosthetic months before the Dr's thought I would. To me recovery at this age is more about mindset than anything. When I was younger I had to work harder than most to be decent in sports. These days I try to work just as hard to get past anything in my path.

Man, sorry to hear that you lost your leg, but glad you are doing well. The most important thing at our age is to keep moving.....

A healthy Brees lost to GB and Rogers by three, blew out TB and TB by 35, first game back from injury lost to KC and Mahomes by 3, then were leading team down field to go up two scores on TB late in 3rd quarter when Cook fumbled. Yes he finished badly with two ints in 4th quarter against Bucs, but Bucs D shut down Rodgers and Mahomes too. A healthy Drew Brees gives the Saints a better chance at a deep run into the playoffs than either Hill or Winston.

I kind of agree with both here.

I think Brees is close to being done, but I am not convinced that he is actually done. He did not look great at points last year, but the wins speak for themselves. Am I convinced that either of the two other QB's on the Saints roster would have beaten TB twice in the regular season, no. Am I convinced that either of the two other QB's on the roster will take the 2021 Saints into the playoffs, no to that one also. But, am I convinced that even a halfway broken down Drew Brees can get the 2021 Saints INTO the playoffs, ummmmm...yes.

I think he comes back for the $1 million salary, adds some more void years, helps the Saints salary cap situation and if either of the other two QB's look like a better option, they will play.

Man, sorry to hear that you lost your leg, but glad you are doing well. The most important thing at our age is to keep moving.....
Man don’t feel sorry for me I’m doing great. It came down to me losing the leg or me losing my life. I even joke around now and tell my friends that I can honestly say that I have 1 foot in the grave and mean it. You are right about the keep moving thing because becoming sedentary is a sure fire way to get in the fast lane for a coffin.

Man don’t feel sorry for me I’m doing great. It came down to me losing the leg or me losing my life. I even joke around now and tell my friends that I can honestly say that I have 1 foot in the grave and mean it. You are right about the keep moving thing because becoming sedentary is a sure fire way to get in the fast lane for a coffin.
Very true. My dad's coming up on 71 this week and he doesn't stay home and inactive at all. If he gets bored, he does yard work at my house and my brother's house. He's annoyingly energetic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom