Go with Brees (1 Viewer)

Turn???? Arent they already turning? I mean looking at these comments, it's clear why Drew is coming back. It's to prove alot of the idiots wrong about what he is capable of doing. Alot of you are the same ones, who were bashing the Saints in 2009, when we lost our last 3. I will tell you. One thing is for certain. No fans get any input on anything that the Saints are going to do. Drew deserves to come back if he wants to, and there is nothing any of you negative posters can do about it. Fricking pitiful reading some of these comments.

yes, fans are already turning. They did it with Manning, farve, elway and every other QB. It’s part of the of the fan base wanting to team to win. It has nothing to do with a single player, all fans want to same thing, win the super bowl. We just have different ideas on how to do it. Just because opinions differ it doesn’t make people idiots.
I do disagree with the “entitled “ to come back. sorry, but he’s old and limits the offense to much. At this point if CSP can’t see it when everyone viewing the game can, then he’s the reason the team can win in the playoffs.

Drew has had his last shot. He had it last season when he changed his mind and opted to come back when TB12 appeared slated to be his replacement. That was the team putting Drew’s interests ahead of its own - and so be it. He’s been a champion and deserved one last chance to win a ring.

However, Drew’s output in playoffs for years has not been at the standard required to win - teams crowd him out, apply pressure up the middle and dare him to throw downfield, and he just can’t do it any more. We can’t afford to waste another season. We might well perform worse with Jameis but we’ve got to try something else. If it doesn’t work out, so be it, but it will hardly be vindication for the “bring Drew back” crowd.

He’s had four consecutive chances in the post-season and hasn’t been able to capitalize on one. It’s time to move on.
4 consecutive seasons of getting this team to the playoffs. And u wanna say, let's try someone who prolly won't get a us to the playoffs, who led the league in interceptions, but he can throw the ball farther. Great plan. By the way the teams u say all the have to do is apply pressure up the middle and Brees can't throw on them, u do realize that for 4 season (in the regular season), Drew was murderi
Drew has had his last shot. He had it last season when he changed his mind and opted to come back when TB12 appeared slated to be his replacement. That was the team putting Drew’s interests ahead of its own - and so be it. He’s been a champion and deserved one last chance to win a ring.

However, Drew’s output in playoffs for years has not been at the standard required to win - teams crowd him out, apply pressure up the middle and dare him to throw downfield, and he just can’t do it any more. We can’t afford to waste another season. We might well perform worse with Jameis but we’ve got to try something else. If it doesn’t work out, so be it, but it will hardly be vindication for the “bring Drew back” crowd.

He’s had four consecutive chances in the post-season and hasn’t been able to capitalize on one. It’s time to move on.
I'm sorry I cannot admit that even RIGHT NOW, with a 70% Brees, that we should throw him out and give the reigns to a league leading interception thrower because he can throw the ball farther down the field. Sounds like a bad plan.

So the only reason you guys are saying he’s done is his lack of deep passing play. (If I’m wrong please tell me) Would he have been done if we had won a super bowl or would you be praying he would come back for another year? I don’t hear anyone talking about the basics of a west coast offense or how Joe Montana won a butt load of games with the kind of passing Drew has done the
last 2 years. I understand that some of you may be too young to remember that so go back and look at some of their games and get back to me.

So the only reason you guys are saying he’s done is his lack of deep passing play. (If I’m wrong please tell me) Would he have been done if we had won a super bowl or would you be praying he would come back for another year? I don’t hear anyone talking about the basics of a west coast offense or how Joe Montana won a butt load of games with the kind of passing Drew has done the
last 2 years. I understand that some of you may be too young to remember that so go back and look at some of their games and get back to me.
That's true. And so his lack of beating teams when they stack the box ONLY starts in the playoffs? In the regular season Brees was murdering those same teams year in and year out, even the years we exited the playoffs early.

His comments in the beginning of the season seemed to have made up some minds around here.
Just remember... Drew knows this 👍

Did the Packers or Chiefs ever even have a LEAD? Not that I recall. But if memory serves me correct the Saints were about to go up by 2 TD's on the Champs late in the 3rd quarter before Cooks fumbled. "Non down the field throws n all".

The post said Brees looked better than Mahomes. That is false.

Many folks act like they are playing Madden when it comes to the Saints in real life. You don't insert guys into a starting role, and they produce automatically. It doesn't work that way.

49ers didn't have a fumbling tight end either. Also, their defense was a lot better than what they were given credit for. Every time Drew throws those picks, "it was communications error" is the excuse. 49ers barely had that.

Drew was the 1st person to make a terrible TO that game not Cooks. Drew was always gonna unravel with or without Cooks fumble.

Yep we probably could've managed the Cook fumble if it weren't for that 1st hideous INT. A 20 yr vet QB who supposedly takes much pride & dedication in his preparation shouldn't make throws like that BOTTOMLINE. And yes he probably would've unraveled judging from the 2 postseasons before

Last edited:
I'm tired of seeing this. No one bothers to even take those 'wins' in context. So once again , if everyone is so confident in life after Brees based on that number...there are going to be a lot of confused people in here this season when the Saints don't wind up 15-1, 14-2, 13-3, 12-4....11-5...10-6...

The only context needed in those wins without Drew were that CSP coached better & the D played better. Why exactly do u think that wouldn't be the case with Drew retired?

U really don't think we can get 10 wins with Jameis even with the best team he's ever been with around him?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom