Go with Brees (1 Viewer)

Yeah it's like these ppl who complain about others not having faith in Drew anymore have no faith in CSP smdh
The weirdest dichotomy to me are the same people who claim CSP can help Taysom address his shortcomings as a starting QB have absolutely zero faith in his ability to do the same for Jameis.

Yeah it's like these ppl who complain about others not having faith in Drew anymore have no faith in CSP smdh
Yet Sean Payton let's Teddy walk. Seems he didn't believe in him either. And did u not WATCH Taysom become a turnover machine before your very eyes?

Wow... I love how you're piling on all the other stars on the team for the offense falling apart in the playoffs every year. These players that have proven to be some of the best at their positions.... maybe an alternate theory could explain this phenomenon. Let's say maybe playoff caliber defenses can squeeze the middle of the field and take away short passes and runs and seems while blitzing the A gap ..

This leaves the outs and deep routes wide open but there's no one there to connect...
End thread

So the only reason you guys are saying he’s done is his lack of deep passing play. (If I’m wrong please tell me) Would he have been done if we had won a super bowl or would you be praying he would come back for another year? I don’t hear anyone talking about the basics of a west coast offense or how Joe Montana won a butt load of games with the kind of passing Drew has done the
last 2 years. I understand that some of you may be too young to remember that so go back and look at some of their games and get back to me.

Nope, that is just one factor. For me the main factor is that he will be 43, those injuries he had last year won't just magically go away, it seems all of those that want him back think they will though..... the rotator cuff injury could still be lingering into next season. I really don't need him to prove that he can't make it through a 3rd season without sustaining another serious injury, and he is clearly not the same player even when healthy....we were on borrowed time with him last year, I don't wish to repeat that mistake....he needs to retire and get healthy, we need to find our next QB....

Was Brees not playing a ridiculous defense? The same ridiculous defense that shut down the 2 best

Was Brees not playing the same defense that completely shut down the 2 best QB's this year? Rodgers and Mahommes? Not trying to give excuses for Brees but people refuse to give the Defense for the Bucs credit. Guess what? Rodgers and Mahommes had the same ending Brees did.
Let’s not forget what Mahomes line looked like, the SAINTS line was healthy! I guess a healthy Brees is better than those 2 QBs...LOL!!!
Agreed. With the exception of a Russell trade. These people don't even realize what they're asking for. I see 2 turnover CRAZY Qb's about to take Brees's spot, as well as losing key defensive players to free agency, and we talking about Super Bowl windows.
I guess the window is “Wide Open” with Brees, PLEASE!!! The offense has been the SAINTS demise in the playoffs, with Drew!!!

Let’s not forget what Mahomes line looked like, the SAINTS line was healthy! I guess a healthy Brees is better than those 2 QBs...LOL!!!

I guess the window is “Wide Open” with Brees, PLEASE!!! The offense has been the SAINTS demise in the playoffs, with Drew!!!
The Saints O line was overrated all year. The offense has been the Saints demise against the Vikings both years when we lost to them in the playoffs? Where were u? I'm not saying Drew is the same Drew but I am saying just cause people are mad at Brees doesn't mean u throw inJameis freaking Winston, like he's gonna WIN u a Super Bowl

And I guess Rodgers couldn't move the ball either cause of his "o line woes" right?

The only context needed in those wins without Drew were that CSP coached better & the D played better. Why exactly do u think that wouldn't be the case with Drew retired?

U really don't think we can get 10 wins with Jameis even with the best team he's ever been with around him?

Well if there is no context to those games and they went 8-1 without Brees...they should easily be 15-1 or 14-2 without him next season right?

Yet Sean Payton let's Teddy walk. Seems he didn't believe in him either. And did u not WATCH Taysom become a turnover machine before your very eyes?

Looks like the panties are letting Teddy walk too so wuts ur pt? And Hill didn't become anything under CSP positive or negative. The same issues he had a few years ago in preseason he showed last season. He is wut he is

Looks like the panties are letting Teddy walk too so wuts ur pt? And Hill didn't become anything under CSP positive or negative. The same issues he had a few years ago in preseason he showed last season. He is wut he is
Exactly and Brees is better than both.

Coulda sworn I gave u context but how bout u enlighten me of what u think the context is. Since you've yet to share

Here...let me enlighten you then since you are obviously either too lazy to do your homework or afraid of what you might find:

2019 with Bridgewater. Saints go 5-0
Combined records of the teams they beat in that stretch: 40-40
Turnover Differential: Saints 5 / Opponents 5

Seattle: They beat a good Seattle team by 6 pts. Deonte Harris had a punt return for a TD and Vonn Bell had a fumble return for a TD. Russell Wilson had 400+ yards passing while Bridgewater had only 177...with a long of 10 (guess we didn't need the long ball here!) Kamara had 70 yards rushing and was our leading rusher.
Dallas: Bridgewater threw for 193 yards, no TDs and 1 INT. His long that day was 20. Lutz kicked 4 field goalsd that day as the final score was 12-10...against an 8-8 Cowboys team (Cowboys fumbled twice.)
Tampa Bay: Beat a 7-9 Bucs team by 1 TD 31-24. Bridgewater had 314 yards passing. Saints sacked Winston 6 times.
Jacksonville: Beat a 6-10 Jaguars team by a score of 13-6. Another 1 TD game by our vaunted offense.
Chicago: Beat an 8-8 Bears team 36-25

2020 with Hill. Saints go 3-1
Combined records of the team they beat in that stretch: 9-23
Turnover Differential: Saints 6 / Opponents 3

Atlanta: 2 wins came against a 4-12 Falcons team
Denver: The other win came against a Denver team that was starting a practice squad wide receiver at QB (we would've won with Heath Shuler on that day)

So yes...if the Saints can play most of their games against teams with losing records, play teams with practice squad receivers at QB, get punt returns for touchdowns, get fumble returns for TDs, win the turnover battle, sack opposing QBs 6 times in a game, and win by only kicking field goals....then yes, they absolutely can win with Winston or Hill. The likelihood of all of the above happening again over a 9 game stretch? Little to none. Is that enough context for you?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom