Go with Brees (1 Viewer)

Nope, that is just one factor. For me the main factor is that he will be 43, those injuries he had last year won't just magically go away, it seems all of those that want him back think they will though..... the rotator cuff injury could still be lingering into next season. I really don't need him to prove that he can't make it through a 3rd season without sustaining another serious injury, and he is clearly not the same player even when healthy....we were on borrowed time with him last year, I don't wish to repeat that mistake....he needs to retire and get healthy, we need to find our next QB....
But just like any injury they do go away it’s called healing. I’ve had a torn rotator cuff and like many other injuries there are different levels to that. I’m pretty sure if it was bad enough the team Dr wouldn’t let him just walk out of the door with that issue retiring or not. Now I agree we need to find our next QB but the best option we have in making that transition is in San Diego right now.

And some of you are wanting to commit suicide over a deep pass
Nope, I would rather move forward than backwards any day. Regardless of who our QB is next year, Drew's time has passed. He's not Brady and his body is breaking down more frequently over the past 2 years. How is Drew coming back in the best interest of the team at this point?

And some of you are wanting to commit suicide over a deep pass
Well, it's gonna have to happen one way or another. Quit pushing it off. We are never gonna get a new franchise QB holding onto a brittle bag of bones that can't play anymore.

Well, it's gonna have to happen one way or another. Quit pushing it off. We are never gonna get a new franchise QB holding onto a brittle bag of bones that can't play anymore.
Imo, I think that brittle bag of bones is still better than at least 80% of the lame QB's starting in the NFL. Just saying.

He's really not and hasn't been for a while.

Maybe 50% at best...

A half way broken Drew Brees was about top 50% in the NFL in 2020. (I would take that again.)

Just use the rankings:

Total QBR on ESPN: (Brees was 6th)

Team Rankings QB Rating: (Brees was 8th):

NFL (Totally subjective rankings) (Brees at 19th)

Profootball Network (Subjective again) (Brees at 17th)

NBC Sports (Subjective again) (Brees at 14th)

IB Times (Brees at 12th)

Last edited:
You do realize that you sound like many patriot fans year before last right? They were happy to get Cam and they were going to be fine. Cam by the way was a first round pick just like someone else this board is in love with.

A half way broken Drew Brees was about top 50% in the NFL in 2020. (I would take that again.)

Just use the rankings:

Total QBR on ESPN: (Brees was 6th)

Team Rankings QB Rating: (Brees was 8th):

NFL (Totally subjective rankings) (Brees at 19th)

Profootball Network (Sunjective again) (Brees at 17th)

NBC Sports (Subjective again) (Brees at 14th)

IB Times (Brees at 12th)

That was a great post by the way. We have a bunch of spoiled babies for fans now that weren’t on the bandwagon during the Steve Walsh and Billy Joes times.

You do realize that you sound like many patriot fans year before last right? They were happy to get Cam and they were going to be fine. Cam by the way was a first round pick just like someone else this board is in love with.
Aren't the Patriots in prime position to get a QB in a very deep draft?

That’s why I want to get this done. We get into the process of getting the next franchise QB. For all we know... Winston is simply a transition QB and that's fine. We have to do this now or later. After 4 playoff exits. It's time. It's over. It's not like Brees is going to another team and win a Superbowl. It's not Brees just happened to take us to 4 Superbowl in 5 season.

There is no casuality in your comparison. The only real similarities is old white HOF QB at the end of their career getting replaced by 1st overall black QBs.. And that's it.

I understand wanting to get it over with but I think the option of Brees coming back while he mentors a young guy for a year is the best option we have. I’ve said it before that I always felt comfortable playing Tampa when Winston was there because I knew we would win. He just doesn’t make good decisions. I don’t want to have to rely on Taysom either. The absolute best overall scenario would be for us to get Russell Wilson and although I wouldn’t sacrifice my first born for that I do have a left appendage that I could part with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom