God of War (1 Viewer)

This is the best game i have played in quite a while.

That it is. I was afraid it would be too short, but it felt like it was going to end 4 or 5 times and it keeps going. But not in a way that I just want it over. I just want to know the end of the story and how it turns out.

The combat is done well with just enough mix of hack and slash with some strategy and puzzles to keep it interesting. I also think it does a good job of keeping the challenge just about right. Just when I thought it was starting to be overly easy, the difficulty seemed to go up just enough to keep it interesting. Plus, it's a really good story and cool to see Kratos and the boy evolve over time.

widge is right...

i will also add that while it's quite different from the previous GoW games, it still feels very much like a GoW game....

the only game this year that stands a chance to be better is RDR2, but according to reliable sources, that game sucks anyway

widge is right...

i will also add that while it's quite different from the previous GoW games, it still feels very much like a GoW game....''

When it started out it didn't feel like one at all. But it seems to become more and more like a GoW game as the story goes along which makes sense given how Kratos starts off and develops as a character. I won't spoil it, but there is one moment where it feels fully like a GoW game again. And that moment is awesome since you had gotten used to the new game style right up to that point.

the only game this year that stands a chance to be better is RDR2, but according to reliable sources, that game sucks anyway

You can trust Blogshakalaka for all of your gaming needs.

I know I'm not in the majority here, but this game is doing absolutely nothing for me. The controls are wonky and its a standard boring button masher that only accomplishes tiring my hands/fingers out in a few minutes. I generally play it for about 15 minutes at a time before I just grow bored and turn it off. I figure eventually I'll force myself to just sit and play for a while, hopefully then I'll have a breakthrough.

I know I'm not in the majority here, but this game is doing absolutely nothing for me. The controls are wonky and its a standard boring button masher that only accomplishes tiring my hands/fingers out in a few minutes. I generally play it for about 15 minutes at a time before I just grow bored and turn it off. I figure eventually I'll force myself to just sit and play for a while, hopefully then I'll have a breakthrough.

the combat is much deeper than "standard button masher" if you want it to be....and there are definitely points in the game that button mashing will get you dead

i am not sure how the controls are wonky though....the attack buttons are mapped to the shoulder buttons maybe?? you can change the controller scheme to classic

the combat is much deeper than "standard button masher" if you want it to be....and there are definitely points in the game that button mashing will get you dead

i am not sure how the controls are wonky though....the attack buttons are mapped to the shoulder buttons maybe?? you can change the controller scheme to classic

I'm not really sure how to describe it, tedious maybe? It's the same reason I never could get through the other GoW games. It's that 3rd person combat that is popular in GoW, Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, Heavenly Sword, Darksiders, the Dynasty Warriors series, etc etc. I get that there's more to the combat than that, but I just generally don't care for the play style of these types of games. However, with that said, I can clearly see that this is a quality game with a ton of production value and the visuals are great. It's just not for me (so far at least).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom