God vs Satan (And the usual suspects): A Polar Opposites Pole? (1 Viewer)

Who's side are you on?

• Old Testament God (An eye for an eye and the occasional she-bear.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Testament God (Even if you don't believe, Jesus was Fonzie cool. )

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Satan (James Dean with a cause?)

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Eve ("Seriously, You create a tree to tempt me and blame me when I take the bait?")

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Adam ("She said it was okay.")

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Xenu (Mission Impossible.)

• Buddha ("If a tree falls in the forest, did Kurt Cobain reach Nirvana?")

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Allah (I'm too nervous to make a joke here.)

• Other (Okay, honesty. I'm lazy and tired of typing. Pick a Deity.)

• Robert Johnson (The man was just trying to flag a ride.)

• Harold Angel

• Johnny Favorite

• Tacoes Hell?(Any Taco Bell reference will do.)

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Thread is invalid. It should be "Whose" not "Who's"

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Keyser Söze (The Usual Suspect/) .

• Flying Spaghetti Monster (Flying pasta is a holy thing)

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Chaos (requested by Eve in a blue dress)

• George Bush (This thread is becoming a Saddam mess.)

• God is a concept by which we measure our pain

• Baby Jesus

• Total voters
this was already decided

PCTV-8493-hcdl-1280x720.jpg

And Jesus was a Buddha.

Look up the Docs about his lost years. Fascinating

Issa

For what it's worth, the Jesus in India story was a hoax...

Notovitch is known for his 1894 book claiming that during the unknown years of Jesus, he left Galilee for India and studied with Buddhists and Hindus before returning to Judea. Notovitch's claim was based on a document he said he had seen at the Hemis Monastery while he stayed there.[4][5] The consensus view amongst modern scholars is that Notovitch's account of the travels of Jesus to India was a hoax.[5][6]

Notovitch's book generated controversy as soon as it was published. The philologist Max Müller expressed incredulity at the account presented and suggested that either Notovitch was the victim of a practical joke or he had fabricated the evidence.[10][11] Müller wrote: "Taking it for granted that M. Notovitch is a gentleman and not a liar, we cannot help thinking that the Buddhist monks of Ladakh and Tibet must be wags, who enjoy mystifying inquisitive travelers, and that M. Notovitch fell far too easy a victim to their jokes."[4] Müller then wrote to the head lama at Hemis monastery to ask about the document and Notovitch's story. The head lama replied that there had been no western visitor at the monastery in the previous fifteen years, during which he had been the head lama there, and there were no documents related to Notovitch's story.[4][12] Other European scholars also opposed Notovitch's account and Indologist Leopold von Schroeder called Notovitch's story a "big fat lie".[4]
J. Archibald Douglas, who was a professor of English and History at the Government College in Agra, then visited the Hemis monastery to interview the head lama, who stated yet again that Notovitch had never been there and that no such documents existed.[12] Wilhelm Schneemelcher states that Notovich's accounts were soon exposed as fabrications, and that to date no one has even had a glimpse at the manuscripts Notovitch claims to have seen.[5] Notovich at first responded to claims to defend himself.[13] But once his story had been re-examined by historians, Notovitch is said to have confessed to having fabricated the evidence.[4]

Funny that you quote the book of job ( one of my favorites) and yet the New Testament god is getting all the votes

I guess people rather the warmer and fuzzy one if they imagine it’s real

Funny that you quote the book of job ( one of my favorites) and yet the New Testament god is getting all the votes

I guess people rather the warmer and fuzzy one if they imagine it’s real

People are avoiding those "warm and fuzzy" she-bears.

2 Kings 2:23-24 King James Version (KJV)
23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom