Goff says Mahomes is (1 Viewer)

goff still hasn't gotten over the saints game. we are the nightmare they can't shake,love it.

Let's just get to Atlanta and settle all family business once and for all.

Goff set the bar at Brees. When searching for an unstoppable force with which to compare Mahomes and heap excessive praise onto, he didn't pick Brady or Rodgers or anyone else. His first thought was Brees.

How is that not complimentary?
Bingo. I get the media may want to sensationalize this because they want to hype up a possible Saints/Rams NFCCG, but I think by Goff mentioning Brees, he was actually showing tremendous respect for him.

If it weren't for a late Cupp TD that game isn't as close as the score indicates (as if 10 points is close). Compared to our offense we made the Rams look pedestrian and if the Rams wouldn't have woken up in the second half they would have been run out of the dome.
What??? That Kupp TD tied the game! What logic does a "if a game tying TD didn't happen we'd have won by more!" even register???

Wade Phillips has been around the league for a long time, and he knows damn well how competitive Sean and Drew are. There's no way he is happy with Goff floating that out there for no good reason, especially when Goff doesn't line up on that side of the ball to back up his remarks. Guarantee you that sound byte makes its way to Airline Drive and gets tucked away for the rematch.

When a team is as dominant as the Saints are, they will look for every little crumb they can find to keep their edge. Some of y'all come across like you have never played competitive sports at a high level, because that comment was absolutely a passive-aggressive shot and it won't be taken kindly.

Goff can have his favorite, but this year I am FINE with the Saints facing Mahomes in the Super Bowl. Any defense than can give up 54 points will have a world of trouble with the Saints.

The Saints are much better at ball control than the Rams or the Chiefs, and I see the Saints outdistancing the Chiefs by keeping Mahomes off the field for long stretches. Mahomes showed weak clock management Monday night, and if he can throw two clutch picks against the Rams, the Saints will beat him to a fine etouffee.

Bulletin board material. I hope Goff and the Rams get to visit The Dome again in the playoff because Brees will be razor sharp in that particular game and once again out play Goff.

Yeah, you're talking about two entirely different players. For (rough) historical comparison, Mahomes is Favre and Brees is Montana. Could Montana make some of the incredible throws Favre could? He could not. Could Favre run an offense with the precision of a Montana and throw as accurately? No, not over the long haul. Both great QBs. Different kinds of QBs.

The problem is the gun slinger with the big arm is the sexier player even though accuracy, reading defenses, and making good decisions under pressure actually have more to do with success at the position than arm strength or mobility.

Would you rather play against a guy with 37 TDs and 17 turnovers or one with 28 TDs and 1 turnover?

I think he’s saying the toughest guys to defend are Brees and Mahomes.. I don’t think it’s a shot at all against Brees. Goff can only dream of being as successful as dB

Guys if Drew Brees don't get the MVP this year, then #^&%$^% all of them because he deserved it and he is due for it since years ago. So, don't care about these fools and their comments.

No way no how does Drew get the MVP.

Didn't you hear all the slobbering of JUST HOW GOOD Mahomes was: why he kept his team in the contest til the very end, EVEN WITH THOSE 5 TURNOVERS!

Haters gonna hate.

And biased fools will always make excuses for *their* man.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom